RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Editing UOP files for the enhanced client

Nalif

Wanderer
Editing UOP files for the enhanced client

Heya guys! Not sure if I'm posting in the right place, but here goes!

I'm trying to edit the UOP files for the enhanced client, and so far I've only found one program that can supposedly do it: Mythic Package Editor. It can view the files and extract them, but the trouble happens when I go to save the file - it apparently doesn't "repackage" the uop file correctly, resulting in garbled graphics.

Anyone have any ideas? UOFiddler works great for the 2d client....wish it worked for the enhanced one :(

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
RunUO doesn't even support the enhanced client I believe. And I don't believe any program exists for editing the new uop files yet, or if anything will ever be made for it.

I suggest sticking with the basic client for now, at least till someone tries to support the enhanced client.

Nalif

Wanderer
I wasn't looking for a shard that supports the enhanced client. I play on the official servers. I just wanted to change some of the graphics after finding the stuff this guy has done:

Ultima Online forever ENG

I did pretty much the same stuff with WoW; players make tons of alternate models and graphics to change the way the game looks. I can change the graphics on the classic client, but I use the enhanced client only. It's very sad to be so close with Mythic Package Editor.... :(

Thanks for your help.

Kons.snoK

Sorceror
Nalif;852480 said:
Heya guys! Not sure if I'm posting in the right place, but here goes!

I'm trying to edit the UOP files for the enhanced client, and so far I've only found one program that can supposedly do it: Mythic Package Editor. It can view the files and extract them, but the trouble happens when I go to save the file - it apparently doesn't "repackage" the uop file correctly, resulting in garbled graphics.

Anyone have any ideas? UOFiddler works great for the 2d client....wish it worked for the enhanced one :(

i use Mythic package Editor for Packaging, and found no problem..

I made custom maps and was going to make custom Paperdoll Graphics (hadn't the time for completing the program)

Mythic Package Editor is all you need :)
Be SURE that package you are editing has ALL hash names KNOWN, or it won't work.
Here you find latest version Downloads - mondains-legacy - Project Hosting on Google Code

Kons.snoK

Sorceror
RadstaR;852500 said:
Kons.snoK: Can you please share new hash filenames DB for Mythic Package Editor ?

i usually give periodically my hash to Malganis and he puts on Official MPE :)
tell me if you need something particullary and i'll see if i have already found it!

BtW i can put it also on my google code, i'll see tomorrow!

HellRazor

Knight
Is there anyone (Malganis, Kons, ?) who can work with Turley, author of UO Fiddler, to assist him in adding UOP support to UO Fiddler?

The main reason Turley hasn't added it is that he doesn't have the time to figure out the file formats, etc.

Nalif

Wanderer
Aha, that's the problem I'm running into! I have 338 unknown hashes. How do I fix this? I'm editing the official legacytextures.uop if it matters.

Kons.snoK

Sorceror
HellRazor;852511 said:
Is there anyone (Malganis, Kons, ?) who can work with Turley, author of UO Fiddler, to assist him in adding UOP support to UO Fiddler?

The main reason Turley hasn't added it is that he doesn't have the time to figure out the file formats, etc.
fact is we don't have time too. Code for MPE uop reading is public and all the necessary is inside a Dll (Malganis made it very well).
Btw uops contains .bin formats, that are DIFFERENT from normal muls, so adding uop support would be useless.
(I made programs to convert maps to facets and to see animationframes, but had to check on ASM each time)

Nalif;852513 said:
Aha, that's the problem I'm running into! I have 338 unknown hashes. How do I fix this? I'm editing the official legacytextures.uop if it matters.

Use the Hash - Text buttons on the bottom :)

Btw i have it complete (i think), i will post the dictionary asap

EDIT: i just checked the packet, there are many with wrong saved hashes (bug that was solved time ago), i do have almost all of them, but many are to fix.

Kons.snoK

Sorceror
ok, you can find my latest dictionary here:
Downloads - kprojects - Project Hosting on Google Code

I didn't checked HS files yet :)

Btw to check if your file is not corrupted with wrong named dds just unpack it and see if you find the file /Build/tileart in your extraction folder.
If you do find it, you have to search inside uop until you got the place where it is and use the red button aside the name.
Please report me any wrong named file ;)

Nalif

Wanderer
The dictionary works! All hashes are found.... I have a new problem, though.

MPE still doesn't seem to repackage a UOP file correctly. I did a test by opening up a UOP file, and I made NO changes. I simply re-saved the file, then launched UO. UO re-downloads the UOP file and replaces it at launch :confused:

HellRazor

Knight
Kons.snoK;852534 said:
fact is we don't have time too. Code for MPE uop reading is public and all the necessary is inside a Dll (Malganis made it very well).

Yeah I know how that is. Time is always an issue for me too.

Unfortunately we are reaching a stage where the emulation community doesn't have enough active developers to stay current with the UO clients and features. If the guys who are smart enough to figure out the file formats and encryptions stop contributing, it will just be another nail in the coffin of our hobby.

Believe me, if I was knowledgeable enough in that area I'd be creating and releasing a UO Fiddler fork or feeding changes to Turley. Working with file formats and encryption is beyond my meager skills. Hopefully someone else with the ability will step up to the challenge. :(

Kons.snoK

Sorceror
Nalif;852559 said:
The dictionary works! All hashes are found.... I have a new problem, though.

MPE still doesn't seem to repackage a UOP file correctly. I did a test by opening up a UOP file, and I made NO changes. I simply re-saved the file, then launched UO. UO re-downloads the UOP file and replaces it at launch :confused:

this is obvious, and not an error.
When you repack the file you change DateTime hash (see uop structures if you want to know what i'm talking about).
UOPatch always check DateTime to see if files need to be updated.
So your file got DateTime != OriginalDateTime -> Redownload it.
You have to start UOSA.exe directly from folder.

HellRazor;852563 said:
Yeah I know how that is. Time is always an issue for me too.

Unfortunately we are reaching a stage where the emulation community doesn't have enough active developers to stay current with the UO clients and features. If the guys who are smart enough to figure out the file formats and encryptions stop contributing, it will just be another nail in the coffin of our hobby.

Believe me, if I was knowledgeable enough in that area I'd be creating and releasing a UO Fiddler fork or feeding changes to Turley. Working with file formats and encryption is beyond my meager skills. Hopefully someone else with the ability will step up to the challenge. :(

For what i know, i am the ONLY stupid guy reading UO2d and Enhanced clients in ASM. (In fact i do found some interesting things like packets for writing tiledata, third party protection, anti-debugging system and so on that i WILL NOT publish cause i HATE razor ;) .)
I can tell you developers who follows updates in UO:
-Me and Koksi (if i tell him that there is something new :) and we usually work toghether)
-Wyatt (who hates Runuo)
-Guy that works for sphere (=shit) that i don't know
-UODreams staff (close sourced server following osi - i don't think they are following HS right now)
That's all. I haven't heard of any other working guy :).

Nalif

Wanderer
Kons.snoK;852600 said:
this is obvious, and not an error.
When you repack the file you change DateTime hash (see uop structures if you want to know what i'm talking about).
UOPatch always check DateTime to see if files need to be updated.
So your file got DateTime != OriginalDateTime -> Redownload it.
You have to start UOSA.exe directly from folder.

I suspected that was the case, so I ran UOSA.exe directly. The game launched, but all the graphics contained within the edited UOP file are corrupted. They show as bright pink squares :confused:

Kons.snoK

Sorceror
Nalif;852611 said:
I suspected that was the case, so I ran UOSA.exe directly. The game launched, but all the graphics contained within the edited UOP file are corrupted. They show as bright pink squares :confused:

did you checked that "build/tileart" was not present? have you tried to extract all of them to see if there are mispelled items? :)

Btw i never tried to modify arts cause i think there are enough :)

Nalif

Wanderer

Nothing can be misspelled because all of my files are simply numbers. When I load LegacyTextures.UOP, this is what I see. Should the dds files have names?

When I extract a file from the UOP, it extracts to \build\tileartlegacy. Is this correct?

Kons.snoK

Sorceror
Nalif;852621 said:

Nothing can be misspelled because all of my files are simply numbers. When I load LegacyTextures.UOP, this is what I see. Should the dds files have names?

When I extract a file from the UOP, it extracts to \build\tileartlegacy. Is this correct?

Extract the whole file, the go to Build/ folder and see if there is a tileart file with no extension.

Nalif

Wanderer
I extracted the entire file and found no tileart file without an extension inside the /Build folder.