RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email that went to [email protected] today!

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Email that went to [email protected] today!

RunUO.com changes and what is going on:

A lot of you have emailed me asking me what is going on with RunUO.com and why you cannot log in. I just wanted to let you know the main site was being overhauled today. RunUO 1.0 is close and therefore we wanted to get the site ready for 1.0 and make things easier for the users, by getting the documentation work started and getting the site ready. The site is locked your forum username and password will not get you into it and there is nothing you can do at this time other than wait.

RunUO Mailing Lists:

We have created three mailing lists for RunUO. These lists will allow you to see what is going on with RunUO at all times.

[email protected] – This list is designed for the RunUO Development team to send you email updates for major releases. This email list is an OPT-IN list for all future users; however current users have been automatically subscribed for ease of use. If you don’t want to be on this list you can unsubscribe by following the directions below. Users will not be able to send to this list, only the developers will.

[email protected] – This list is designed for the users to have a general mailing list. We know not all users like a forum or internet relay chat system and some users’ prefer the mailing list route so we went ahead and created this list.

[email protected] – This list, as you probably guessed is a list for shard administrators. The goal is to provide this list as a common ground for shard administrators to speak to each other regarding shard issues, and how to work around them, where to advertise and what you can do to help your shard.

The following commands will get you subscribed or removed from these lists:

1. [email protected] – susbscribe (example: [email protected])

2. [email protected] – unsubscribe (example: [email protected])

3. [email protected] – help, will get you the commands for a list (example: [email protected])

UO Gamers Shard Changes:

Due to the complexity of the updates for RunUO and other projects I have stepped down as the administrator of the UO Gamers shards. The new administrators are listed below:

UO Gamers: Hybrid (original server):

Chaos and Krrios are taking over the Shard administration of UO Gamers Hybrid. They will be running the shard as they see fit and adding factions over the next month.

UO Gamers: Rebirth:

For those of you that don’t know about UO Gamers: Rebirth, it’s a Pre-T2A shard. This shard is by far one of the most complete shards ever produced. I have also stepped down from this shard and turned it over to Zippy and Dreckal. They will be running the shard as they see fit, keeping it in line with Pre-T2A times.

RunUO 1.0:

Now the moment we have all been waiting for. RunUO 1.0 is upon us. You should expect to see it any time within the next few days. I would imagine a few release candidates and then a 1.0 Final. We will be trying to package all of the 1.0 releases, in an installer format making them much easier. Also RunUO 1.0 will be released under a new license. RunUO 1.0 will be freely redistributable, meaning if you feel like hosting the download you can do so. We hope you enjoy the RunUO 1.0 release and look forward to hearing all about it on the forums.

As far as the website goes, it is now unlocked. We look forward to seeing you back on the site, and handing you a successful RunUO 1.0 as soon as possible.

RunUO Subscriptions:

For those of you who are subscribers, you will notice a change to the subscription forums upcoming. Thanks to all of the subscribers, you are making the RunUO Team’s life easier.

Regards,

Ryan McAdams

RunUO Development Team