RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Emo's suck

Kishikowa

Wanderer
Emo's have nothing better to do with their time then to bitch, they have NO reason to be bitching rather then atteion and their retardation.

narualuka

Wanderer
lol. not all "emos" cut and complain of life. now, its more of a style than attitude. (not saying there arnt emos who cut. (retarded))

also there is Scene. which is somewhat similar. only i think the diffrence is the big hair.

also there are emos that have reason to bitch. not all their lives are great(and not all whose lives suck cut too). of course that doesnt mean everyone elses are perfect. but even people who arnt emo and have shitty lives bitch about it. so... why not make fun of them too?

BAAAH tacoooos! -Taquitos-!

I think its more of a fad. it will die out eventually. or at least... fade a bit.

Courageous

Wanderer
narualuka;707179 said:
...also there are emos that have reason to bitch. not all their lives are great....

*shrug*

The number of young people who believe that they have a monopoly on misery is simply astonishing. Self absorption abounds. Starting at around age 30 or so, a great wave of humanity begins to figure out that misery is a shared condition. It's not all about "them," it's simply everyone suffering.

C//

Joeku

Lord
Courageous;707189 said:
*shrug*

The number of young people who believe that they have a monopoly on misery is simply astonishing. Self absorption abounds.
Joeku has to agree =/

Just figured it out not long ago... heh. People are too dramatastic tbh.

narualuka

Wanderer
Joeku;707195 said:
...People are too dramatastic tbh.

I agree with that 100%

Thats why you gotta love the select few who try to keep any drama to a minimum. Those people are the people you befriend >.<

drakeypooh1

Wanderer
narualuka;707179 said:
also there are emos that have reason to bitch. not all their lives are great(and not all whose lives suck cut too). of course that doesnt mean everyone elses are perfect. but even people who arnt emo and have shitty lives bitch about it. so... why not make fun of them too?
I think every single person here realizes that, but I believe they are talking about the people who bitch when their lives are 100% ideal in general.

narualuka

Wanderer
drakeypooh1;707199 said:
I think every single person here realizes that, but I believe they are talking about the people who bitch when their lives are 100% ideal in general.

Then they need to be specific. Because that is not said anywhere. =]

If no one says it, then their comments would apply to ALL emos

Rosetta

Wanderer
It's what emos are bitching about that's the problem. Plus the fact that they believe making it worse by cutting themselves will change their situation or get people to understand them. Being depressed is as "in" as it has always been for teenagers.
But there is a big difference in how they show it or resolve it. Self mutilation physically or emotionally is not the answer.

EMO article I know it's kind of a shitty article, but I don't think it worth my time to look for a better one atm. And it had a few points I agree with.
Fad is one thing:
...For those of us who have lived through Siouxsie And The Banshees and the Rocky Horror Show, the look is depressingly retro.

Sheerly being stupid because your sad is another:
...One of the most annoying characteristics of (emo) teenagers is their refusal to open their curtains. Their world is dark and airless.
If this environment is coupled with the psychological traits of self-pity, introspection, self-dramatisation and hormone imbalance, you have a fully-fledged Emo, even without the small Tshirt and black hair.

Kishikowa

Wanderer
I know a couple emo's that go to my school, they're comptele PITAFUL! like the one idiot has an email that says [email protected]
but he's trying to date someone thats not emily, he's a loser and so are his emoish friends.

PS don't add him or he'll try to hit on you.

WarAngel

Wanderer
omgomgomgomgomgomgomgogmoagdfjnsdaohgeoriawgvfoi;awrfpiawehupf'ibohqawdgpu9fnea[ofga
Mawr

I can't tell you how tired of this topic I am. I can officially declare that people who lump emos into one group are retarded. I have science on my side!

Rosetta

Wanderer
WarAngel;707361 said:
omgomgomgomgomgomgomgogmoagdfjnsdaohgeoriawgvfoi;awrfpiawehupf'ibohqawdgpu9fnea[ofga
Mawr

I can't tell you how tired of this topic I am. I can officially declare that people who lump emos into one group are retarded. I have science on my side!

I wonder what the social anthropologists would call it.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Rosetta;707373 said:
I wonder what the social anthropologists would call it.

I don't really care what they actually call them, but to stick them all in one group and say that even a majority of them are all suicidal, or are all whiny bitches, or are all terrible people is just as bad as the people that say most blacks are worthless and have no job or those that say all Jews have huge noses or deal with money. It's stupid to stereotype the way people are in this thread, as if they know even 1% of the social group they are stereotyping. And the people who started the actual "emotive" group that you now call "emos" would probably smack current emos harder than they would smack you all.

Rosetta

Wanderer
WarAngel;707375 said:
...just as bad as the people that say most blacks are worthless and have no job or those that say all Jews have huge noses or deal with money

Race/religion are completely different than fashion trends and attitudes of teenagers.

WarAngel;707375 said:
...the people who started the actual "emotive" group that you now call "emos" would probably smack current emos...

This is true, kind of reminds me of punk music from the 70's vs punk fashion of the 80's.

Johabius

Knight
WarAngel;707380 said:
I fail to see the difference. It's baseless stereotyping.
You can't choose your race, you can choose what to wear and how to act. I don't know where she was going with the religion side of it, though. And stereotyping, while inherently silly, is not baseless. There is always a grain of truth to stereotypes.