RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Emote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmonkey123

Wanderer
Emote v2

Summary:
Allows you to emote with sounds, words, and sometimes animations.

v2 Update:
-Shortened base script
-Added emotes (thanks to zire):
Bow, faint, punch, slap, stickouttongue, and tapfoot.
-Added emote gump (thanks to zire)
-Added emote gump access command [emenu
(Thanks to Tru for sending me zire's scripts)

Description:
There are 35 commands ([e <something from the list>):
ah, ahha, applaud, blownose, burp, woohoo, clearthroat, cough, bscough, cry, far, gasp, giggle, groan, growl, hey, hiccup, huh, kiss, no, oh, oooh, oops, puke, scream, shush, sigh, sneeze, sniff, snore, spit, wistle, yawn, yea, yell.

Each of these commands makes the player say something and make a sound. Several of them also have animations to go with them.

Thanks go to all those who helped make the script (kinda lost the list; afterall this script is like 10 years old).

I hope you enjoy the script. Please post any comments, suggestions, or problems in this thread.

Installation:
Just drop it in your runuo/scripts/custom directory and fire up your server.

Attachments

• Emote v2.zip
    4.4 KB · Views: 1,342

Freya

Wanderer
*frowns* I'm new to all this so please excuse my ignorance... but...

I downloaded this script but I don't know where to put it as I can't find a custom directory folder in my scripts folder =/ I created one and put it in there but so far I've not had any luck getting any sort of sound *pout* :confused: I know, I haven't really any knowledge of how to do all this scripting stuff so please bear with me and be patient while I'm learning. So what am I doing wrong? Any ideas? :confused: Also, does it work with Beta 35 or just 36? Thanks!

Cmonkey123

Wanderer
Well, just put it somewhere in your scripts directory, it doesn't really matter. And as for the sound... there's no reason it shouldn't work. Make sure your speakers are on and make sure your sound is working properly.

Freya

Wanderer
Hrm =/

:confused: They are on and everything, so it will work with beta 35 too? I thought maybe that was why it wouldn't work :confused: Is the command to do it just [emote ? then the sound like [emote giggle ? It just tells me it's not a valid command when I try that way so :(

Freya

Wanderer
Yay!

heheh That did it! :D Thanks so much! I wish I woulda thought of trying that one! It works great! Thanks again! :D

Revan

Sorceror
well, if zire won't post his gump back up again i'll post mine that i made (in 30 minutes :p)
But it probably won't be as goodlooking..

Tru

Knight
well I have a copy of zire's gump I'll send it to cmonkey123 and if he wants to post it and give credit then he can....

Ethariel

Wanderer
SV-randy said:
Very very nice but i got a question is there a way to add maybe say a "feign" like the faint but u stay laying down?

I'd be all for that. As a seperate command. It'd be quite useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.