RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Entering Cave Entrances

kada20

Wanderer
Entering Cave Entrances

How do you go 'walk' your char into a cave entrance-trying to is like running into a wall-you just dont go in :[

Dian

Sorceror
You have to set the gates from the cave/dungen entrance, and set it to the locatiotion of the actual cave/dungen area. Although there is only one gate curently, (unless beta 4 has another.. have not looked yet) so, this somewhat limits the entrance function. Although the gate has many props you can set..
If you have never done this before, the dungen entrances are simply hidden gates, you walk into at the entrance/exits that teleport you to the oppisite location of your choice.

kada20

Wanderer
Thanx I had figured this out now by the time i got your reply and have made gates to shame entry and all its levels :] Woohoo my first major task as a noob :]

eleni

Wanderer
On UOX3 there is a teleport file that defines cave entrances etc. Although it is slow to setup it is much more reliable than setting gates everywhere also it is harder for GM's working on the site to mess things up

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
we will be doing something similar to the teleport system but much easier to administer.

K

Krazy_zack

THANK YOU Ryan!

Makes it MUCH easyer for custom maps then...