Event of the day: April 30th

Discussion in 'Starbucks @ RunUO.com' started by MadeInQuebec, Apr 30, 2017.

1. MadeInQuebec

MadeInQuebec The Eminent Made In Quebec, Elder Moderator Staff Member

Did you know that,

228 years ago, on the balcony of federal hall on wall street in New York city, Georges Washington takes the oath of office to become the first elected president of the United States?

History, needs never be forgotten!
  2. Enroq

Enroq Sorceror

What made you into a history buff, if I may ask?
  3. MadeInQuebec

I have always enjoyed history.

One of my favorite past time when i'm alone is reading history. I think it's simply amazing when you look at the world then, all the things that happened, at how the culture progressed (or regressed that's debatable).

History, is also one of the only thing that will never change, what is a fact now, will be a fact forever.

The hardship that people before us had to go through amazes me, and I am sometimes jealous of other era, as I consider they had it better than us on many levels.

Pray god that I never get my hands on a time machine, otherwise I will be gone forever and I will die sad because one life would never be near enough for me to visit everything I would want to see, and explore every era that I could, and fuck up the world good while i'm at it ☺
  4. Enroq

Enroq Sorceror

Think they confusing labor and work,
    technology with advancement,
    even and glance it -
    seems they entranced with.
    But truth, can't enhance it.

You ever heard of the Mandela effect? False memories, if you will. Trippy shit, sire.

I would give anything to unsee what I have.

That's a tricky area for sure.
  5. MadeInQuebec

I have not heard of the Mandela effect, but I'll give it a read, see if it's interesting.

I'm having difficulty to grasp if you slightly agree/understand my statement, or if you are telling me I'm delusional to have an interest in history?

Clarify please :)
  6. Enroq

Enroq Sorceror

No disagreement at all.

The first part I'm merely saying technology isn't always progress.

The Mandela effect is just people remember the same situation differently which begs the question of who is writing history.

The third part is, in essence, that I would greatly enjoy living in a time and place where we were not immersed completely in a 24/7 stream of media that depicts the mass murder of children and the atrocities I can not do anything about. It makes it very hard to focus on what I can control.

The last part, is more about physics. Time traveling could theoretically be accomplished in a few ways and some one them may keep you from aging.
    MadeInQuebec likes this.
  7. MadeInQuebec

All fair points, I totally agree with many of those statements.

Beside the time travelling in which I have no opinion so I won't comment, the rest I'm on par with what you are saying.

I also do have certain disguss with the media, who brainwash the populace so they think a certain way, thus making them easier to control them.

I envy the time where you could be one of the greatest person of the village because you would repair peoples shoes for a coin, instead of buying the most recent mercedes to cast shadow on your neighbors 2 year old bmw.

I did check into the Mandela effect, interesting phenomenon but unfortunately, I have to accept that information as history, until proven otherwise.

Mather of fact is I know I will never have the true story, unless I was there myself, which won't happen, so the only thing left is, so be it.
  8. Fraz

Fraz Traveler

Have to chime in, even though you two are having an nice conversation.

Mandela effect.. lolololol..

A theory for the seriously brain damaged.
  9. Fraz

Fraz Traveler

I mean wasn't it just yesterday Enroq told me about his mental superiority..

He may have actually achieved his goal and killed me.. if I can't stop laughing and get a breath.
  10. Enroq

Enroq Sorceror

Have to figure out how to unblock you, one second.
  11. Enroq

Enroq Sorceror

Well, Fraz. Let me say this.

I'm very mad at you. I'm mad at you because I don't think you seem to realize that there are outside forces literally trying to drive a wedge between our people.

I don't think the cold war ever ended. I think they realized assured mutual destruction was just that.

I think that, even if it's not Russia, that there are people out there that hate us, our people and our country.

I think what is going on in our country is exactly what the people looking in want to see.

I honestly believe they're trying to divide us to the point of civil war. It is the oldest of war tactics.

I thought maybe if you were provided a mirror you might understand that this petty bullshit is what is going to tear us apart.

I really wanted to trust you and your kind that you knew what you were doing when electing Trump.

He really, really is pushing my boundaries on whether or not I can trust him.

He really is beginning to make me think that he played against your anger and fear in order to obtain a position where he could literally tear us apart from the inside.

I literally fear for the future of our country.

The only drugs I'm on is cigarettes and caffeine and still I can't stop crying because when I look around I see more hatred, more violence, more racism, more divide amongst our people than I have every seen in our life time.

Every day I decided to continue walking this planet beside you is a day that I swallow my pride and consider how much longer you've been here than I and hope that your wisdom vastly superior to mine.

Because if it's not, I'm literally terrified.

I look around and what I see is the beginning of the end, and when you say things like it will all be over soon it scares me that the end is what you want.

I don't want it to end. This was supposed to be the house on the hill. This was supposed to be the light in the darkness.

If there is any mercy left, I hope it finds us, soon.

My mother the other day told me, "I hope North Korea just nukes us and ends this misery."

That shit literally destroyed me.

This has gone far beyond harmless trolling. This is literally a focal point of what's going on, and despite my big talk, and despite your big talk, I would never lay a hand on you and I would like to believe the same for you.

That being said, I don't trust the rest of them. I've seen them riot, I've seen them murder innocent children in our own country, on camera, and get away with it. I've seen Hillary's political opponents executed, and I've seen black people thrown out of Trump rallies just for being black and holding up a sign.

I can't understand why no one seems to realize that this is not the way things are done.

And when I tell you things like cortisol levels will lower your life span, it's an attempt to keep it from happening.

This is the last time I will share my feelings, because they will use any weakness against you and right now our people need strength.

I'm sorry, I fold. I can not play this game.

I am more hurt than I think you could realize.
  12. Fraz

Fraz Traveler

You covered a lot there and I'd like to reply more tomorrow as its been a long day.

One thing I will say, and as I'm sure you know.. 'Intelligence is a blessing, and a curse'.

I may have lost focus here or there, or everywhere.. but my intentions were to try to force you to look at your own beliefs and statements and put them to the test.

I am well aware of the forces in play in our country and our world.

I ask your forgiveness for anywhere I crossed the line and may have hurt you in any way.

Don't fear.

There is always mercy for the world.

God gives it freely.

People just need to ask.

The game is over.

We'll hopefully talk more tomorrow, brother.
  13. Fraz

Fraz Traveler

I decided to post this for a bit of entertainment.., much of what is said in it is very close to what I read in your post.

Enjoy.

14. Enroq

Enroq Sorceror

Brother I do not know enough to speak on it.

But herein, after watching this, I would appreciate it if you didn't tell me I live in a fantasy.
  15. Fraz

Fraz Traveler

I had a feeling the 6-pack on Chris Christie was going to be a little hard to swallow.. :D
  16. Enroq

Enroq Sorceror

Yo dude, that shit. That shit had me rolling while I was hung over. It was pretty fucking good.
  17. Enroq

Enroq Sorceror

18. Enroq

Enroq Sorceror

Like I'll do the conversion work, but with your two decades on top of me, I'm sure you can make improvements on my ish.
  19. Fraz

Fraz Traveler

Sounds good, I've been sitting on some improvements and seems like a good place to push them.

Glad you enjoyed the video! I got a major laugh as well.
  20. Enroq

Enroq Sorceror

Word. You got skype? Do you want to run the repo? What shall it be known as? RunUO: " "