Event of the day: May 16th

Discussion in 'Starbucks @ RunUO.com' started by MadeInQuebec, May 16, 2017.

1. MadeInQuebec

MadeInQuebec The Eminent Made In Quebec, Elder Moderator Staff Member

Did you know that,

74 years ago, marked the end of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising. It was an act of Jewish resistance to the Holocaust while the Nazi occupied Poland. They did not want to be transported to Treblinka so they refused to surrender to the police commander. Unfortunately, the police then ordered to burn the ghetto, block by block, and by the end of the uprising, 13,000 jews lost their lives, many by being burned alive, or by suffocating, and the Nazi had less sthan 300 casualties. It was the single largest revolt by the Jewish community during WWII.

History, needs never be forgotten!
  2. Enroq

Enroq Sorceror

You sound like you're bragging.
  3. MadeInQuebec

Most likely the Nazi's were bragging, unfortunately I'm only relaying the information, and never wished for anyone's death.
  4. Enroq

Enroq Sorceror

Wow. I guess you were obligated to do so. I guess nothing else happened on this date. Capitol on that nazi huh.
  5. MadeInQuebec

I pick the events that seems most interesting, I could have talked about Sir Thomas More who resigned as Lord Chancellor of England 485 years ago, but I don't find it anywhere near as interesting as events from WWII.

You are the one who asked me to start putting my events here, for what purpose? So you can rant and piss on my selection of events that I decide to highlight?

Or are you just in dire need of shitting on people's head, beacause no one replies to the shit you barf?

Common let it all out, and it'll all be over soon.
  6. Enroq

Enroq Sorceror

I mean, I consider a like a response.

But yeah, when your 'selection' of events is glorifying genocide, I might have something to say about it. Wow, that sure is interesting.
  7. Enroq

Enroq Sorceror

Honestly, you just shit on a group of people because it 'interests' you.

Let me be like "Did you know, on this date, we hung 13,000 black people" - but you don't seem to understand.
  8. MadeInQuebec

If that's how you interpret it, that's kinda your fault.

I am in no way gloryfing it, I don't support anything the Nazi's did, but it sure as fuck did happen. Mentionning an event, does not instantly makes me endorse it.

If you say so, but the text does not say if you are happy by this situation, or saddnened by it, which is the equivalent of my text.

I take no stance, I list facts. And the fact is that lots of Jewish died, and few Nazi did. It's unfortunate, but it's what happened.
  9. Enroq

Enroq Sorceror

Yeah, you're right. I overreacted.

As I do on most occasions.

My great grandmother was a Jew. Her house was the only place I wasn't hungry.

Jayne Davis, good lady.
  10. Enroq

Enroq Sorceror

I guess this is the part I apologize.

My apologies.
  11. MadeInQuebec

Apologies accepted.

I am sure your great grand-mother was a great person.