RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Evolution Creature System

Just one at a time. Ya know like i spawn a wild nightmare and i wanna just shrink it. Something like that. I seen a line in one of the shrink scripts about wild animals where it give you the message that you cant shrink wild animals it says false. was thinking of making it true to see what happens. Gonna have to try that when i get off work. I love being paid to be online all day and work on my server. Hehehehe :D

wgherrick

Wanderer
Xanthos said:
Uploaded version 1.8 today. It fixes a few bugs and also addresses the concerns of those who want a more sane set of values for resists and damage. There are now two merc specs: UberMercSpec.cs and MercSpec.cs. By using the differences between the two as a guide, anyone should be able to adjust the mercs on their shard to get exactly the level of resist and damage sought. The default is now the more sane setup found in MercSpec.cs.

If you prefer the Mercs as they were before this change, use the class in UberMercSpec.cs instead, by making the following change.
Code:
change 
	return MercenarySpec.Instance;	// sane configuration
to
	return UberMercenarySpec.Instance;	// uber configuration
Enjoy!

i made this change and now it makes an ubermerc when using a deed...Problem though. when it gets to servent noticed that it did not change title it would just say name.. so i checked title in ubermerc.cs none there for servant or avenger.. i copied and pasted the titles for both from mercenaryspec. fixed name sorta it does not say servant of " " also it will not equip crafted items found a line missing from file and changed
m_ArtifactStage = m_MaxTrainingStage;
m_CraftedWeaponStage = m_ArtifactStage - 1;
this was in mercenaryspec but still will not equip stuff.. any help would be appriceated. eheh im trying but am still very new at this.
Also I can not use [shrink command on players evos and shrink them. says that is not your pet.
tyvm

Magus Bstone

Wanderer
yes yes this is the bomb

on our little shard the evos go wild they uselly kiil ther owner !!!! I LOVE IT!!!!
the players have gotten a new respect for them to say the least. love the script only one request never stop fallowing that path im with ya for sure !! thanks alot

X

Xanthos

Thanks, I wanted an element of risk in evo ownership. Glad you like it!

Dave1969

Wanderer
Pets lose poisoning skill after mating and they wont gain it back.

Pets that have poisoning lose some of their poisoning skill after mating and they wont gain it back. ANy idea why. Ive found it only happens with poisoning

bryant

Sorceror
gauardian merc

guardion evos how do i make them notr become paragons. ive tried adding to list in paragons class but dosent recodnize the names?

Gaea

Sorceror
way earlier in the posts...I saw several references to changing some things in FS Taming to make that stuff work with your shrink sys....what would I need to change?

For some reason, every now and then I go to unshrink one of my pets adn I get "Due to unforseen circumstances your pet is lsot forever"

I get that it was deleted....but why? It was in my pack.

The Only thing I did was to enable the FS shrink potions again....

I'd appreciate any help in this...

X

Xanthos

Gaea said:
For some reason, every now and then I go to unshrink one of my pets adn I get "Due to unforseen circumstances your pet is lsot forever"

I get that it was deleted....but why? It was in my pack.

The Only thing I did was to enable the FS shrink potions again....

I'd appreciate any help in this...
Did you use a summoning ball with your pet? The one that comes with the stock script can leave a bad statuette in your pack.

Gaea

Sorceror
Did you use a summoning ball with your pet? The one that comes with the stock script can leave a bad statuette in your pack.

nope, i havent used the ball of summoning. In the case of the first itme it happened, I added a dragon egg, hatched trained, then added a dragon hatchling (apperently I have 2 types so i wanted to see the differences), trained it. shrunk all

in the case of this last time, I made Bio pets, trained them, shrunk them. thats it.

bryant

Sorceror
paragon guard evos

hello Xanthos,
was wondering if there was a way to stop the guardian evos from becoming paragon on spawn. they are just way to much to handle lol.

Leenk

Wanderer
I am having a bit of a problem with mercs when a player trys to put an artifact weapon or armor it crashes my server I tryed to figure it out my self but am unseccessful so i thought id ask here

seanandre

Sorceror
I had this problem a while back. And Xanthos helped me with it. The problem should be somewhere in the earlier posts and his solution along with it, but I'll go ahead and post it again.

The problem is in the MercenarySpec.cs file. I didn't quite have a very good understanding of the training stages. I always thought it was weird that m_MaxTrainingStage was always set to 6 when Mercenaries have 7 stages. I started having the same problem you're having when I went in the file and changed m_MaxTrainingStage to 7 before I realized that stage 0 counts as a stage. 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 <-- That's 7 stages right there, so m_MaxTrainingStage has to be kept at 6.

Look for the following code in your MercenarySpec.cs file and make sure the values are set as follows:

Code:
MercenarySpec()
		{
			m_Tamable = false;
			m_MinTamingToHatch = 0;
			m_PercentFemaleChance = .20;
			m_GuardianEggOrDeedChance = .10;
			m_AlwaysHappy = false;
			m_ProducesYoung = false;
			m_AbsoluteStatValues = false;
			m_PackSpecialItemChance = 0.10;
			m_MaxEvoResistance = 90;
[COLOR="Red"]			m_MaxTrainingStage = 6;
			m_CraftedWeaponStage = m_ArtifactStage - 1;[/COLOR]

m_Skills = new SkillName[10] { SkillName.Swords, SkillName.Macing, SkillName.Fencing,
										  SkillName.Tactics, SkillName.Wrestling, SkillName.Parry, SkillName.Anatomy,
										  SkillName.MagicResist, SkillName.Healing, SkillName.Chivalry };
			m_MinSkillValues = new int[10] { 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10 };
			m_MaxSkillValues = new int[10] { 120, 120, 120, 120, 120, 120, 120, 120, 120, 120 };

m_Stages = new BaseEvoStage[] { new MercenaryStageOne(), new MercenaryStageTwo(), new MercenaryStageThree(),
											new MercenaryStageFour(), new MercenaryStageFive(), new MercenaryStageSix(), new MercenaryStageSeven() };
}
Hope this helps

Sean

X

Xanthos

seanandre said:
I had this problem a while back. And Xanthos helped me with it. The problem should be somewhere in the earlier posts and his solution along with it, but I'll go ahead and post it again.

The problem is in the MercenarySpec.cs file. I didn't quite have a very good understanding of the training stages. I always thought it was weird that m_MaxTrainingStage was always set to 6 when Mercenaries have 7 stages. I started having the same problem you're having when I went in the file and changed m_MaxTrainingStage to 7 before I realized that stage 0 counts as a stage. 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 <-- That's 7 stages right there, so m_MaxTrainingStage has to be kept at 6.

Look for the following code in your MercenarySpec.cs file and make sure the values are set as follows:

Code:
MercenarySpec()
		{
			m_Tamable = false;
			m_MinTamingToHatch = 0;
			m_PercentFemaleChance = .20;
			m_GuardianEggOrDeedChance = .10;
			m_AlwaysHappy = false;
			m_ProducesYoung = false;
			m_AbsoluteStatValues = false;
			m_PackSpecialItemChance = 0.10;
			m_MaxEvoResistance = 90;
[COLOR="Red"]			m_MaxTrainingStage = 6;
			m_CraftedWeaponStage = m_ArtifactStage - 1;[/COLOR]

m_Skills = new SkillName[10] { SkillName.Swords, SkillName.Macing, SkillName.Fencing,
										  SkillName.Tactics, SkillName.Wrestling, SkillName.Parry, SkillName.Anatomy,
										  SkillName.MagicResist, SkillName.Healing, SkillName.Chivalry };
			m_MinSkillValues = new int[10] { 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10 };
			m_MaxSkillValues = new int[10] { 120, 120, 120, 120, 120, 120, 120, 120, 120, 120 };

m_Stages = new BaseEvoStage[] { new MercenaryStageOne(), new MercenaryStageTwo(), new MercenaryStageThree(),
											new MercenaryStageFour(), new MercenaryStageFive(), new MercenaryStageSix(), new MercenaryStageSeven() };
}
Hope this helps

Sean
I'm afraid I made this more confusing than it had to be by making the stage zero based but naming the stages in the array starting with one. Were I to do this over again I would rename MercenaryStageOne to MercenaryStageZero.

I also noticed if you use that armor that...well i guess you could locks together. That crashes your server too. So I wouldnt use that armor on a mercenary. Just passing on useful info. Thank You.

seanandre

Sorceror
Also, I may have found a bug, but not really sure. Some of my players are complaining that their evo pets are going wild even after they keep feeding them, and they're saying feeding them isn't making them any happier. My staff and I are always having to go to them and [set loyalty wonderfullyhappy and we're getting tired of it. I know there's a setting where you can make them always happy, but I don't want to set that, because my players like to train their pets while AFK a lot, and this just wouldn't be good. Is there any other ways I should tell my players what they should do to keep their pets happy?

Sean

X

Xanthos

Are your players seeing this with a specific type of evo seanandre?

Juaha

Wanderer
Hi all,
I am a little new to all this Run UO stuff, I am trying to get this great system of EVOs working on my server, but it throws up a lot of errors on the script compile page before stropping the world loading etc, I have followed the instructions of installation to the letter but still no good.

I have noticed that the Run Uo server I have is only AOS, do I need a more up to date version of this, is so where can I obtain one?
many thanks, going slightly mad...

Juaha said:
Hi all,
I am a little new to all this Run UO stuff, I am trying to get this great system of EVOs working on my server, but it throws up a lot of errors on the script compile page before stropping the world loading etc, I have followed the instructions of installation to the letter but still no good.

I have noticed that the Run Uo server I have is only AOS, do I need a more up to date version of this, is so where can I obtain one?
many thanks, going slightly mad...

Juaha please be sure to post your errors. That way whoever reads this possibly the creator of the system can help you fix the problem. Tip #1: Always remember to post your errors. It helps anyone trying to help you.
Good Luck