RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions): Krrios' Client

R

r00ted

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions): Krrios' Client

Frequently Asked Questions: Krrios' Client

Q: What is Krrios' Client?

A: It is an Ultima Online client, programmed by Krrios of RunUO.com that is meant for any user who feels the Ultima Online client runs too crappy on there system or wahtever.

Q: What are the advantages of Krrios' Client, over the OSI client?

A: For one, Krrios' Client uses less resources. Krrios Client also has a better login interface (Quick Login), display Ping status on screen, high-resolution support, bigger radar, transparent reg counter in main window, auto-pick up regs on ground, auto-open doors, equip and unequip macros, multi-UO support, enhanced macro editor, smooth walk, and much more.

Q: How do I get this thing to install?

A: To start, you will need 3 different files. DirectX 9b (it MAY already be installed, so dont worry about it), .NET Framework 1.1, and last, the DirectX Managed Libraries. All 3 of these files can be gotten from the Downloads section of RunUO.com (yes, you will have to register). Now, download the client installer, double click it, and Unzip using Folder Names. Once unzipped, run the config.exe to configure stuff the way you want it, then run Client.exe and log in. You will have to enter the servers IP address, port, as well as your login name and password. Krrios' Client will auto-grab all character names from the account when you log in, for the "Quick Login" function.

Q: I need my servers IP address and Port! But it's not on the shard webpage, or entered in UOGateway!

A: Login to your server as you would normally, using UO Gateway, now click Start > Run, type CMD In that DOS prompt window that opens up, type NETSTAT Now, look on the right hand side, you should see a few different hostname/IP addresses listed, depending on what you are doing, anyways, the UO server 1, will most likely be the IP with the :2593 at the end. If the server is like the one I play, it may look something like this: 12-222-164-249.client.insightBB.com:2593 Well, an IP address, contains 4 "sections" sooo....you would use 12.222.164.249 and of course, the Port would be 2593.

Q: How do I set up macros for my characters?

A: When you first login, before changing any keyboard macros, type ". charmacros" exactly like that without the " " (quotation marks). You must do this for each character.

Q: I can't seem to install this program! Why can't I?

A: First of all, you require the .NET Framework 1.1 to run this program, it is the same file needed to run the RunUO files, so chances are, if you are able to run RunUO, you will be able to run this.

Q: I get a Windows style Common Language Runtime Debugging Services dialog box pop up (OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF BOX WHEN I RUN IT!?) How do I install this beast?

A: Download the file from http://www.runuo.com/krrios/mdxredist.msi This should fix the error. Also, make sure you have the .NET Framework 1.1 installed!

Q: I've heard about various "client" commands? What or where are these?

A: Hit the Minus ( - ) key on your Number key pad on your keyboard and it will list all commands you can use.

Q: Can I use Razor with Krrios' Client?

A: No

Q: Can I macro with Krrios' Client?

A: No, the only "macroing" Krrios' Client will handle would be EZ Macro type macroing. Unless, someone persuades Cheffe (EasyUO) to put out an EasyUO.exe for the Krrios' Client.

Q: If I can't macro with Krrios' Client, why use it?

A: Krrios' Client was made by Krrios with PvPer's in mind. Bottom line, the OSI client takes up too much CPU/memory cycles, and with Krrios' Client, UO should be a lot funner in PvP.

Q: How can I get rid of those weird green lines all over?

A: Well, for one, they shouldn't be "all over" they are there to "mark" the guarded zones of town. To remove them, find the guardlines.def in your Krrios' Client directory, and simply, hit CTRL+A, and hit your DELETE key on your keyboard, then hit ALT+S and BAM, no more green guard lines.

Q: When I click the Paperdoll Options button it wont let me make OSI client macros?

A: Correct, Krrios has been busy with RunUO, so, in the meantime, first log into your character using the OSI client, make your macros on that character, then transfer the macros.txt to your Krrios' Client directory.

Q: My mouse pointer appears to be very laggy and "hard to move" across the screen. Help!

A: You will have to login to the character with the OSI client, and set up his macros.txt, and 1 of the options are Mouse threading, have "Run Mouse in separate thread" checked. Apply, OK, then put the macros.txt in the Krrios' Client directory.

Q: I can't seem to login to my server using the Krrios' Client. Why is that?

A: If it is a RunUO server, be sure you have Krrios' Client set to "Remove Encryption".

Q: Why can't I have UOGateway login to some servers using Krrios' Client.exe?

A: If you attempt to use the Krrios' Client to log in to servers on UOGateway, you may get Invalid Version messages. This is due to Krrios' Client using the 4.0.0p client and the servers are most likely looking for the 4.0.1b client, contact the Admin and ask him/her to allow the 4.0.0p client and it should work.

Q: Occasionally the Krrios' Client will crash on me? What's up?

A: From the config.exe, set the Play Music to OFF (try this, before messing with the midis.cfg file please). Another thing to try, delete the contents of your midis.cfg file (last resort).

Q: Is there a Journal Save option in Krrios' Client?

A: Yes, there is. Check Data/Journal the Journalizer.exe will convert all journals to html for you. But if you prefer to use the OSI Journal logging feature, follow the above mentioned directions for logging into your character with the OSI client, make the changes, then copy and paste the changes (UO.CFG) to the Krrios' Client folder.

Q: Why (or how can I fix) Krrios' Client logging me into the wrong server?

A: Not too sure why, but, to fix this issue, enter your shard details in config.exe

Q: How do I turn on Always Run?

A: See above responses, requires transferring of the uo.txt file.

Q: What are the various Krrios Commands?

A: . charmacros , . noto , . lootgold , . leapfrog , . move , . uoam

Q: Where do the death shot pictures save to?

A:

Q: Can you run Krrios' Client without the UO installation? Even though I have the .MUL files?

A: No? I do not believe so, Krrios' Client requires a full Ultima Online install.

Q: How do I delete/remove the spell icons on my desktop?

A: Hold shift down, then right click them.

Q: How do I remove the backpack "organization" gridlines?

A: Look through the macro editor, there is a hotkey by default set to turn them on/off.

Q: How do I buy/sell stuff from/to an NPC when using Krrios' Client?

A: Hold Shift key down when left clicking the vendor, or mess with your UO.CFG file(s).

Q: Can I use UOAM with Krrios' Client?

A: No, you cannot, but Krrios has stated by using the ". UOAM <Name> <password> <address> <port>" command, Krrios' Client will connect to the UOAM server, and send your position to the other clients connected, as well as get there positions and show them on your radar. You can use "--<text>" command for chatting through the UOAM server.

Q: Is it possible to add regs/hp/mana/stam to the titlebar on Krrios?

A: Short answer, No. Long answer: hit CTRL ALT R (if using the default key settings) and you will get a reg counter of sorts.

R

r00ted

The above is a FAQ, compiled by me, from going through the 8 pages of threads on this forum.

Notice, some questsions are un-answered. If you happen to know the answer to the question, PM me and I will add it.

If you see anything wrong, or incorrect, please PM me, with the question, as well as what the answer SHOULD be.

Thank you.

P.S. It's a work in progress, just from my searching this forum, this is a compilation of most (if not ALL lol) questions taht have been asked about Krrios' Client

Phantom

Knight
FeaR-Cizin said:
I got one for ya r00ted: Is it possible to add regs/hp/mana/stam to the titlebar on Krrios?

There is no need, there is a macro to display your regs

[ctrl alt r] i believe

Phantom said:
FeaR-Cizin said:
I got one for ya r00ted: Is it possible to add regs/hp/mana/stam to the titlebar on Krrios?

There is no need, there is a macro to display your regs

[ctrl alt r] i believe

I would much prefer to have this information displayed on the title bar. Especially HP Mana and Stam. (In numerical format)

K

kageus

if not hp/mana/stam by default on the title bar an option would be much helpful.. oh and putting weight/maxweight over by the reg/aids readout would make that big grey alt-s gump almost obsolete.. which would be nice because it overides the mini health bars everytime it gets opened..

wolfyell

Wanderer
r00ted said:
Frequently Asked Questions: Krrios' Client

Q: How do I turn on Always Run?

A: See above responses, requires transferring of the uo.txt file.

dont work

Config: Bad name (Name=AlwaysRun; Value=On)
Config: Bad name (Name=AlwaysRun; Value=true)

zero

Not Nice
I noticed you didn't have an answer for the screenshots question. The answer is ./Screenshots/

To make sure your client saves the screen shots first, make this directory name (just in case) in the main client directory. Then play in full screen mode.

And bingo, automatic death screenshots =)

kalo

Sorceror
I found using older video card drivers made krrios a little faster.. Experiement guys!!
Btw you can't use OSI Client macros with KUOC.

Zero thanks man!! I didnt know it had to be in full screen for death screenshots to work..

GW r00ted.