RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[FEATURE REQUEST] Monster Corpse & Razor

hypenk4

Wanderer
[FEATURE REQUEST] Monster Corpse & Razor

Is there a reason for Razor being (intentionally) unable to get stuffs from monster's corpses ?

-_-

So why it does not treats corpses as normal containers as they're ? :confused:

------

Thanks for your attention :)

Dipset

Wanderer
Do you mean looting things from them, if so its probably because Zippy doesn't want Razor to do everything for you, just help you out a little. I've heard KUOC has some good looting features.

hypenk4

Wanderer
i think u mean Krioss'client (all right?)
I searched for it but I've found nothing useful.

By the way, u're right, even I don't want Razor do 'all for me' just most common operations :)

I've always to combine Razor with EasyUO as now... and It's not very helpful to do.

blue_drac

Wanderer
That's what I do, combine EUO with Razor.... When I go PvMing, I usually have an EUO corpse looter running with alongside an EUO script that makes looted corpses dissapear.

Razor just runs my my spells, targeting and corpse cutting.

hypenk4

Wanderer
Well enough, I'm happy to see that this is a place where a constructive discussion can be started at anytime :)

While I'm waiting for the creator's opinion (...), I would like to say thanks to you all for your patience.

(I've started this thread 'cause i believe in Razor project thus every day, friends of mine are moving to Injection for such a feature as the one of automatic looting :) )

quote:
blue_drac That's what I do
Program interaction is good when software is made to talk each other, but I think EUO and Razor are not good friends at all...
I refer to the instance of missing synchronisation between Raz and EUO,althought this is what happen to me: many EUO script call targets and Raz is still doing something else and vice-versa, it can be optimized thus my 'deal' is to have an all-in-one application, not just for loot!

Zippy

Razor Creator
Razor is ment to be an "Assistant" for UO, not an all out cheat-to-win. For that reason, Razor does not impliment some relatively easy to add thigns, like auto-corpse looting and "light hack." This stuff gives people with razor what most anyone would consider an unfair advantage.

I also considered Add all out scriptability to Razor similar to that provided by easyuo, but I decided to keep razor an assistant rather than a script program... And thus the few script like options in razor are a pain in the ass (if statements, etc). There are no plans to extend razor if statements or other macro mechanisms beyond their current form.

And most people would consider this an overall good descision, it (for the most part) keeps razor and EasyUO clearly seperated in terms of functionality and what is considered "cheat tool" and what's not. Surely easyuo isnt a "cheat tool" but it can be used that way, take for example pvp targeting scripts.

As for Razor & EUO "talking" to each other... THey simply dont because to my knowledge EasyUO does not support any type of external API to allow razor to "talk" to it.