RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feature suggestion: Statistics

technician

Wanderer
Feature suggestion: Statistics

I was just thinking today it would be very interesting if Razor kept various statistics on your UO sessions. Some examples might be time spent in UO, total spells casted, gold made on monsters as loot, amount of text typed, amount of times died, amount of times rezzed, etc. etc.

It would be a fun addition, and maybe you could even export the stats to excel! :)

EDIT: I'm going to try and keep a list of statistics wanted by the Razor community here as people reply with ideas to this thread. It'll make it a little easier for Zippy to work with.

- Time spent in UO (in hours:minutes:seconds, i.e. 5hr:30min:24sec)
- Total spells casted (example: Recall: 8292)
- Gold made on monsters as loot (not sure how to do this, maybe the gold ID as you drag it from corpse?)
- Amount of text typed (in letters and/or words if possible)
- Amount of times died (in total, and maybe per session as well, with averages)
- Amount of times rezzed (same as above)
- Date/Time Created (r00ted's suggestion)
- Who/what killed you (and how many times each, kethoth's suggestion)
- Times of death (kethoth's suggestion)
- If you were looted (don't know if this is possible because of ghost being able to access body for check, kethoth's suggestion)
- Total of fish caught
- Total amount of MiB obtained
- Total nets obtained (able to break down into colors as well?)
- Amount of time between artifacts in Doom (might be hard to do if you equip items you purchased, probably would reset the timer)
- Total amount of each reagent collected
- Total amount of each reagent used
- Who and what you kill
- total tiles you walked (suggestion by Atomic)
- average speed of your character (tiles/s) (suggestion by Atomic)
- average time you play per day (suggestion by Atomic)
- "Miles walked" extension on Atomic's idea that would be fun
- Number of macro's used (suggestion by Killamus)
- How long you've macro'd without taking/moving (suggestion by Killamus)
- Journal logging (an excellent idea from Eggit!)

R

r00ted

I like the idea. Specifically the "hours played", or "Date/Time Created" even ;) But I don't know how far Zippy wants to take the project though.

Only time will tell, as it's getting bigger and better every release.

Zippy

Razor Creator
Actually I like this idea... could people post suggestions about what would be useful to have statistics of?

For some things (like "gold earned") you'll need to explain how it is razor could acquire the number. (Stuff like spells cast, hours played, etc is pretty strait forward).

kethoth

Page
technician said:
Some examples might be time spent in UO, total spells casted, gold made on monsters as loot, amount of text typed, amount of times died, amount of times rezzed, etc. etc.

also who/what killed you, times of death, if you were looted, etc.

superslayer

Wanderer
how about amt of insurance made/lost whether it be pvp or pvm. or perhaps like on test center, your hci/dci...sdi, lmc,lrc, and luck

kethoth

Page
for gold earned couldnt razor detect how much was made by sell/picked up from loot...player-player transfer would be tough though

Killamus

Knight
How about number of macro's used? Or, how long you macro'd without taking/moving, etc. Get to know how long you macro'd for... lol.

Atomic

Wanderer
total tiles you walked
average speed of your character (tiles/s)
as an addition to a suggestion above, average time you play per day

Mushroomz

Sorceror
My suggestion is - at first you should add % feature to If hits <=. for an exaple - If Hits <= 95% exec bandage self ... also we already have If Sysmessage = but what we need is Wait for Sysmessage ... =] my suggestions is for better pvp razor macros. thanks for reading.

for an example -

Superb Macro for Healing

If Hitpoints <= 95%
Exec: bandageself
wait 1000
If Poisoned
drink cure
wait 1000
If poisoned
drink cure
Wait for sysmessage - you finish applying bandages

^ This exapmle is for my pvp char ... dexterity 120 ( + bottles = 140 )
I need the "wait for sysmessage" because every 20 points of dexterity changes the delay for bandages - so i can't use only wait 5000 or wait 6000.

technician

Wanderer
I added everyone's input so far to my first post.

kethoth, I imagine it would be easy for Razor to record how much gold is dragged if gold has a unique ID and/or something that Razor can grab a hold of to see the value of what is being dragged. I'm not that familiar with how UO works :)

Killamus

Knight
Try having a macro set to record, then drag... x amount of gold
It records that amount, so you always drag that amount. if you have less, it drags it all (Cool feature, for mass gold movement)

kethoth

Page
so then it could record the amount of gold you drag and to the location...so as long as you drag the gold it could keep the statistic

technician

Wanderer
Killamus said:
Try having a macro set to record, then drag... x amount of gold
It records that amount, so you always drag that amount. if you have less, it drags it all (Cool feature, for mass gold movement)
Another feature of Razor that I wasn't aware of, nice tip!

Eggit

Wanderer
Mushroomz said:
My suggestion is - at first you should add % feature to If hits <=. for an exaple - If Hits <= 95% exec bandage self ... also we already have If Sysmessage = but what we need is Wait for Sysmessage ... =] my suggestions is for better pvp razor macros. thanks for reading.

for an example -

Superb Macro for Healing

If Hitpoints <= 95%
Exec: bandageself
wait 1000
If Poisoned
drink cure
wait 1000
If poisoned
drink cure
Wait for sysmessage - you finish applying bandages

^ This exapmle is for my pvp char ... dexterity 120 ( + bottles = 140 )
I need the "wait for sysmessage" because every 20 points of dexterity changes the delay for bandages - so i can't use only wait 5000 or wait 6000.

I don't like that idea, it definately leads in the direction of making a bot. If you want a bot get easy UO.

Anyways I have been meaning to post this for a while but it kinda fits in with this thread.
Journal Logging.
You CAN log the journal with the UO client itself however it involves manualy editing the .cfg and can't be done through the ingame options. It also just creates one long text file with no break and therefore hard to manage unless you end to it constantly. I would like to see razor be able to log the journal with the following features:
Seperate files for each play session, everytime you log in a new file is created. Instead of the one file the UO client creates.
Optional timestamps, selectable by checkbox or something, 2 types
---type one: timestamp with every line of text recorded
---type two: timestamp at set intervals (15 mins) to ease in finding a specific section
Filters, to filter out things like razor messages, speech, spells, system messages, "you see ______" any others you can think of.
Possibly color coding (html?) different colors for the types of entries mentioned above as well as things like harmful acts, beneficial act, own speech, others speech etc.
Being able to open the log directly from the razor client to veiw would be a nice touch too. Even something as simple as opening the directory.

R

r00ted

I think some of these suggestions for "Statistics" are dragging "away" from the "Statistics" feel of things.

;)

When I hear statistics, stuff like,

words typed (bank guards recsu recdu cross vendor buy i must consider my sins macro would count too :p)
Years/Months/Days/Hours/Minutes logged in.
Character creation date

as far as Gold made per hour. Well, it would need some sort of "reset" button. and, if/when I use it, I would "Start" the statistic logging at/before a dungeon run. just to see how much gold i made while down there.

As far as the MIB/fish stats. well, you can create counters to keep track of that. But, if someone wanted to see on average how many fish or MIBs they catch in an hour, that would be cool.

technician

Wanderer
I updated the list again. I really like your journal logging idea Eggit, it would be *very* useful for a whole lot of things, including catching scammers with logged text, etc.

Eggit

Wanderer
Yea I often times get attacked by people, and then forgot who it was exactly, I got to my GM so he can put them on the KOS list but I can't remeber the names. Finally after digging through the net and aksing popole I figured out how to log the journal by editing the .cfg. but then I still have to sift through pages and pages and pages of entries without any reference points, it almost isn't worth it.

And of course that if just one of the many many many uses of journal logging.

Eggit

Wanderer
I would run into the same problems of not having any reference points (timestamps) I suppose I could set a macro to start recording one anytime I get attacked, but that is just one more thing for me to remember/forget. Also while recording RPVs I occasionaly lag, wich can never be good. I imagine journal logging could be performed with virtualy 0 difference in performance.