RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Few Questions

Heya Guys. Got a Few Questions since friends have asked me to put a server up....

1.) Is it possible to limit played ONLY to Trammel? I don't want any other map to load or spawn (We played Pre-Patch before T2A)

2.) Has anyone made a script/addon where players can make custom houses from the ground up? Was thinking of a way where players could craft chunks of wall to place, etc?

3.) Safe to assume i can not really turn off things like bushido? I was thinking maybe limit to Oldschool client, but then if i wanted to give items, etc away as rewards (like being the only one on the server with nun-chucks)... they would need an update... :( is it possible to turn off the newer skills?

Thanks in Advance.

Khaz

Knight
1) Yes. The maps will load, but will only be spawned if you direct it to be so. Depending on whether you use the built-in spawners or some third-party system, the support for targeting a specific facet will vary. If, however, you remove the facet listings from the Items\Misc\PublicMoongate class, that will restrict access for players. Not 100% sure that there are no other access points, though, so look around for references to the other maps to be sure. You can also always use
Code:
[ClearFacet
to delete everything on the facet you're currently on.

3) Set the current expansion (Misc\CurrentExpansion) and you won't have to worry about the newer skills and other expansion features. Newer clients can still connect and you can use the graphics and existing items, but the larger systems will be disabled. If you want to be more selective about particular features to turn off, you will have to do a deep dive into the relevant code.