RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fishing message.

grandpa3

Page
I'm not sure where to really post this, but.. Razor updated when I went on Demise, and now when I catch a Fish or any thing else it shows the message:

~1_val~fish or ~1_val~mess of small fish.

Whatever I catch is preceded by ~1_val~ Is this a razor glitch, or a Demise glitch?

KoNNaN

Knight
Shino gave an explanation of this message here. http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/1_val-fishing-issue.459228/

It's a High Seas "feature". The ~1_val~ bit is customizable by the server. Hybrid doesn't send any value for ~1_val~ though, it just appends the "a fish" text to the line (the way old clients wanted it). That's why it shows up.

It can and likely will be fixed server-side soon, but you could alter your client localization files (Cliloc.enu) with UOFiddler, for example, and remove ~1_val~ if it really bothers you. The cliloc entry number is 1008124. (1008125 was changed too.)

Note that modifying the Cliloc.enu file will prevent official client patches from modifying it. It's wise to keep a back-up of the original file.

grandpa3

Page
Ah thank you. I doesn't bother me as long as I get what I pull in :) I fish mainly for beasties and nets anyway.