RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[For NewBie] Step by step to install n simple setup your RunUO (v0.1)

wakao2005

Wanderer
nivivon said:
hey im not THAT dumb =P I searched for every single one errors that the guy wrote and deleted each one...

erm... dude.. i had make some upgrade again on the tutorial... u turn back to page 1 n c the step 5 again .. n thx for yar notice ..it's help me to have the complea dat tutorial.. :p

p/s if in normal .. if u have any error on the start up.. u just back up n del all of them.. n the server will run fine... that's my exp...

wakao2005

Wanderer
o.. i think it's useful for every bigginer ..
plz stop using the step 5 if ur computer is below then athlon xp 2500+
just use the megaspawner spawner by ur own hand ..

cfaust

Wanderer
Wakao2005, you might want to think about having someone proof read and make corrections in grammar and spelling for you, maybe have your tutorial offered in different languages. That is if you can find people to do this for you.

Doomer

Wanderer
Omg!

cfaust said:
Wakao2005, you might want to think about having someone proof read and make corrections in grammar and spelling for you, maybe have your tutorial offered in different languages. That is if you can find people to do this for you.

Jeezus you guys give him a break! Its obvious english is not his/her main language but at least he is trying to help. Remember which forum this is; Also, I really had no problems understanding his/her initial post and I think in all reality neither did you.

*Steps off soapbox* :p

cfaust

Wanderer
Doomer said:
Jeezus you guys give him a break! Its obvious english is not his/her main language but at least he is trying to help. Remember which forum this is; Also, I really had no problems understanding his/her initial post and I think in all reality neither did you.

*Steps off soapbox* :p

I had no problem with reading it as well; I made a suggestion to improve and make available his tutorial to more than just english reading/speaking people.

*kicks the soapbox out from under before he steps off* :)

David

Moderate
Actually I had a lot of problem reading it. But I find lazy typing almost impossible to read so I gave up on it. "dat" instead of "that" and "ur" instead of "your" has nothing to do with language or even grammer. ---but it appears that he has found kindred spirits and from what I can tell even seems to be helping them.

cfaust

Wanderer
David said:
Actually I had a lot of problem reading it. But I find lazy typing almost impossible to read so I gave up on it. "dat" instead of "that" and "ur" instead of "your" has nothing to do with language or even grammer. ---but it appears that he has found kindred spirits and from what I can tell even seems to be helping them.

I'm most positive that he is helping people that can read through it without even a second thought as to translation. His post and idea to help people is definately in the right direction.

wakao2005

Wanderer
hehe .. if my short form is giving any one in trouble , i m very sorry yar ^_^
i will correct it in sooner ~~n thx for ur all support : )...

ok i had make some correction..

cfaust

Wanderer
You haven't made any trouble Waco2000, if you want help with the English spelling and grammar I'd be happy to help you clean this one up some, there might be some other folks to write this in other languages for you too.

dukereece07

Wanderer
Confused

I have a problem that doesn't make any sense. I added a line for the Samurai proffession, and since then, my shard won't open because of an error in charactercreation.cs. It says (line 759, column 4) expected. The problem is, there is no problem on line 759.

Line 759 in charactercreation.cs is bolded:

Code:
			for ( int i = 0; i < skills.Length; ++i )
			{
				SkillNameValue snv = skills[i];

if ( snv.Value > 0 && snv.Name != SkillName.Stealth && snv.Name != SkillName.RemoveTrap )
				{
					Skill skill = m.Skills[snv.Name];

if ( skill != null )
					{
						skill.BaseFixedPoint = snv.Value * 10;

if ( addSkillItems )
						[B]	AddSkillItems( snv.Name );[/B]
					}
				}
			}
		}