RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Your Consideration

InOverMyHead

Sorceror
For Your Consideration

A Theory America Should Adopt, Not Just Australia….

For Your Consideration

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.
A day after a group of Mainstream Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to Australia and her Queen at a special meeting with Prime Minister John Howard, he and his Ministers made it clear that extremists would face a crackdown.
Treasurer Peter Costello, seen as heir apparent to Howard, hinted that some radical clerics could be asked to leave the country if they did not accept that Australia was a secular state, and its laws were made by parliament. “If those are not your values, if you want a country which has Sharia law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you”, he said on National Television. “I’d be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two laws governing people in Australia: one the Australian law and another Islamic law that is false. If you can’t agree with parliamentary law, independent courts, democracy, and would prefer Sharia law and have the opportunity to go to another country, which practices it, perhaps, then, that’s a better option”, Costello said.
Asked whether he meant radical clerics would be forced to leave, he said those with dual citizenship could possibly be asked to move to the other country.
Education Minister Brendan Nelson later told reporters that Muslims who did not want to accept local values should “clear off. Basically people who don’t want to be Australians, and who don’t want to live by Australian values and understand them, well then, they can basically clear off”, he said.
Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation’s mosques.
QUOTE : “IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the ‘politically correct’ crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here need to understand. This idea of Australia being a multi-cultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. And as Australians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom. We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society .. LEARN THE LANGUAGE! Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture. We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us. If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don’t like ‘ A Fair Go’ then you should seriously consider a move to another part of the planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don’t care how you did things where you came from. By all means, keep your culture, but do not force it on others. This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian Beliefs, or our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian Freedom. ‘THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.’ We didn’t force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.”

This statement came as a result of a group of radical muslims kidnapped and killed a catholic priest.

InOverMyHead

Sorceror
Sorry about the big print. I copied and pasted it and had no idea it was going to come out so large. Again, I'm sorry... :rolleyes:

Malaperth

Wanderer
Ummm... So radicals of whatever type, whether they be republican, democrat, muslim, KKK, etc, come with a tattoo on their foreheads so the difference can easily be spotted?

Bleach

Knight
InOverMyHead;683583 said:
Sorry about the big print. I copied and pasted it and had no idea it was going to come out so large. Again, I'm sorry... :rolleyes:

This statement came as a result of a group of radical muslims kidnapped and killed a catholic priest.

Edit ... it ... ?

Trunks01

Wanderer
Wow.. Theres so much i can't be bothered to read it :eek:

If it's something about Racial fights... I don't even wanna read it :/

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
Jeff;683639 said:
Ya if you agree with this your a fucking idiot

I agree with most of the quote. I dont agree with racial profiling all muslims, but I do agree with the other stuff.

Jeff

Lord
DontdroptheSOAD;683687 said:
I agree with most of the quote. I dont agree with racial profiling all muslims, but I do agree with the other stuff.

Your a fucking idiot :/

TMSTKSBK

Lord
I agree that people moving to another country should be prepared to accept (or at least live with) the customs of the country they are moving to.

This includes the primary language.

I also agree with the "We didn't *ask* you to come here, you *wanted* to." concept.

WarAngel

Wanderer
TMSTKSBK;683691 said:
I agree that people moving to another country should be prepared to accept (or at least live with) the customs of the country they are moving to.

This includes the primary language.

I also agree with the "We didn't *ask* you to come here, you *wanted* to." concept.

That's bullshit. People get so uptight about foreigners who move in and we demand their IMMEDIATE assimilation. Where the fuck did you come from? Your family came here from somewhere else, and they gradually assimilated into the American culture while making their own contributions to it. Immigrants at the time of Ellis Island and the mass American immigration period didn't learn English right off the bat. In most cases, it took the next generation (their children) to learn English or possibly even the third generation.

Despite how terrible it was that they didn't learn English and weren't immediate Americans, we now have an awesomely diverse and thriving culture. Why is there a need to make sure that any outside change is instantly shot down when our own existance is proof that outside change is very good?

It's fine that you want them to assimilate. Partial assimilation should be an obvious goal of anyone who moves somewhere else (you wouldn't move to Europe to lead a typical American lifestyle, or vice versa). However, to harass people because they aren't what we think is a typical American is crap. Hell, we harass people who ARE typical Americans because we think they aren't. Why? Because we're assholes.

bzk90

Lord
the world is different now warangel; assimilation, especially learning the local language, is much more vital to creating a community that can grow together now that daily life is less contained into a single family.

WarAngel

Wanderer
bzk90;683709 said:
the world is different now warangel; assimilation, especially learning the local language, is much more vital to creating a community that can grow together now that daily life is less contained into a single family.

What the hell are you talking about? We're talking about reality, not your social-anarchist paradise you've mentioned before.

WarAngel;683698 said:
That's bullshit. People get so uptight about foreigners who move in and we demand their IMMEDIATE assimilation. Where the fuck did you come from? Your family came here from somewhere else, and they gradually assimilated into the American culture while making their own contributions to it. Immigrants at the time of Ellis Island and the mass American immigration period didn't learn English right off the bat. In most cases, it took the next generation (their children) to learn English or possibly even the third generation.

Despite how terrible it was that they didn't learn English and weren't immediate Americans, we now have an awesomely diverse and thriving culture. Why is there a need to make sure that any outside change is instantly shot down when our own existance is proof that outside change is very good?

It's fine that you want them to assimilate. Partial assimilation should be an obvious goal of anyone who moves somewhere else (you wouldn't move to Europe to lead a typical American lifestyle, or vice versa). However, to harass people because they aren't what we think is a typical American is crap. Hell, we harass people who ARE typical Americans because we think they aren't. Why? Because we're assholes.

He wasn't even talking about harassing immigrants to become ideal Americans. Get off your soapbox for two minutes and fucking read for comprehension.

All you do these days is look for threads to start fights in.

4RK3TYP3

Wanderer
Ignorance is bliss.....that's why there are so many happy people in this world ;)

I am a firm believer that political and intellectual regurgitators are the most ignorant people in the world.

regurgitator - Takes a view, spits it out "word for word" without actually contributing to it's properties

thinker - someone who takes a view, tools it to the world around them, and adds intellectually to its properties.

I've come to find that a majority of college students...a very large majority, are regurgitators...it's especially noticeable in a political science course.

bzk90

Lord
wtf does this have to do with paradise...stop trolling

people dont live isolated lives anymore...we interact...A WHOLE LOT

the fact that it was acceptable 100 years ago to move to a country and and not assimilate does not mean it should still be acceptable today. Good civilizations are created by people with a common goal.

WarAngel

Wanderer
TOD said:
He wasn't even talking about harassing immigrants to become ideal Americans. Get off your soapbox for two minutes and fucking read for comprehension.

You can call it what you want, but hating people for being different is harassment in my book.

Stop following me around just so you can whine about me. If I'm that annoying to you, put me on ignore. I'm not sure how many more times I'll have to tell you that. I come here to argue my beliefs in political threads. If that bothers you, go fuck yourself.

bzk90;683718 said:
wtf does this have to do with paradise...stop trolling

people dont live isolated lives anymore...we interact...A WHOLE LOT

the fact that it was acceptable 100 years ago to move to a country and and not assimilate does not mean it should still be acceptable today. Good civilizations are created by people with a common goal.

It was never acceptable for them to not assimilate. I already stated that families that moved here assimilated over time, which is what they do here. Imagine you moved to Europe after spending 40 years of your life in America. Would you find it logical for people to expect you to drop 40 years of traditions and learn their language instantly? I would understand it if they wanted me to try and become like them and fit in, but to force me to do everything exactly the way they wanted would be beyond me.

However, the part you can't get past is the part where people are free. I know that sucks, but if someone doesn't want to speak your language, there's not a whole lot you can do about it short of violating their freedom.

big_cat

Wanderer
If you live in Australia, you may understand this a bit more, We have had groups of "Muslim Extremists", saying they WILL NOT abide by Australia's laws but by Islamic Sharia law.

As to peoples right to be different
Every person has a right to their own beliefs wether it be religion, politics, etc. BUT If you live in a particular country YOU Must follow that country's laws, or accept that you could be told to leave. I honestly believe that in Australia, asking some of these people may should be asked to leave, But I also believe that if they have broken no laws, leave them alone