RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

former uox dev team

L

Lost User

former uox dev team

I've been reading the team bios, and was surprised that all core developers (except the founder I guess) used to be members of the uox dev team.. I can understand how you were seduced by new technologies like .NET and languages like C#, and fully understand you all do this for just having fun, as you stated millions of times in the forum...

what I can't believe is how a former free/open source dev team is now doing propietary projects like this one and saying things like there are no plans to support linux.

have you been asimilated? :shock:

R

Rainman

I wouldn't say the team "got with the program" as some still believe in linux\open source fully. Its just that this project is more for fun than for creating another uoxv40000stpietelw

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Open source has been one of the banes of former UO Emulation communities. We learn from our mistakes. There is plenty of coding to be done in scripts :)

Our scripts shouldnt even be classified as scripts because its legit C# code :)