RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Code of Conduct

Rules:
  • If a thread is closed, leave it be. Do not make associated threads or link to other threads which are closed.
  • For our Shards - Do not post threads to ask for changes to the game, it's mechanics or petition the user base for their opinion. This is the job of The RunUO Team and when necessary we will do these things.

As we are merged, I want to ask 2 questions (common sense is common sense, but against written rules...):

If a thread is closed, leave it be. Do not make associated threads or link to other threads which are closed.

Can be considered an exception linking to Demise Bugs&Fixes Complete or Invalid report threads, or to Demise Publish notes threads, which get locked? (as they indicate the RunUO SVN progression) Or to threads which contain detailed explainations on common questions? (there is a locked thread which explains why Demise can't allow Iris2 client to be used)

For our Shards - Do not post threads to ask for changes to the game, it's mechanics or petition the user base for their opinion. This is the job of The RunUO Team and when necessary we will do these things.

Of course, this is not valid about reporting OSI-like missing features in Demise Bugs&Fixes forums, right?

All in all, one of the most reasonable set of rules I've ever seen on the Internet. There's only a couple of open questions... One, that is, aside from the questions relating to the Bugs & Fixes section Dae here so dutifully cross-posted from the Demise section for me. :D

That would relate to the real-world laws... Which area's laws, in particular, should we be specifying? I know that it's common sense, however I've seen a couple cases in the past (and other forums) where a fight broke out and people in different countries opted to apply some contradicting laws. A little clarification could ensure no nasty drama like that might happen. (say, specifying all users are still bound by their own home laws, and laws for the US state of wherever RunUO's currently hosted apply to all conduct online)

Though again, as I said, it's case of "common sense," but we all know what common sense is...deadpool_common_sense.png

All in all, one of the most reasonable set of rules I've ever seen on the Internet. There's only a couple of open questions... One, that is, aside from the questions relating to the Bugs & Fixes section Dae here so dutifully cross-posted from the Demise section for me. :D

not my intention to crosspost, sorry. I haven't read at your post and I have to get used now to follow all of sections now. I believe also Ryan has to get used to this :D

There are still other questions the merging caused the opening, but I want to wait the complete stabilization of the situation. I'll just drop a pearl:

it's written in Demise rules, and also in RunUO forums not to advertise other shards, but in ex-RunUO forums various people have their shard banner or their project as signature. Now we are merged, this situation should be clarified. Shard advertising was reserved for ConnectUO forums, which is also merged.