RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[forum sugguestion] Seperate forum for 1.0 / 2.0 released scripts.

iwantmypot

Wanderer
[forum sugguestion] Seperate forum for 1.0 / 2.0 released scripts.

I've been looking for the 1.0 pet shrinking script, and I limited the search to the released and release archive forums, but The only pet shrink system I can find is for the 2.0 version. I tried many different ways to make the list of results into a managable level, but if I limit it too far I get like 5 results, and none of them have what I need. If I don't limit it enough I get 20 pages of results, and I'm too damn lazy to search through mostly 2.0 scripts.

If I could limit it to only 1.0 scripts, or 2.0 scripts, then that would be awesome. But since they're all crammed into the same forum, It's nearly impossible.

I am attempting to make a pet jail box where staff can place jailed pets, and only the owner of the pet can buy the pet out of the box. I have most of it done, but I need the shrink system so that I can effectively test it.

I'll just have the shard owner send me the script though since it's already on her server. Don't bother telling me where it's at if you manage to find it.
(don't bother looking for it in the first place really)

FS Taming System for 1.0 has a shrink system in it, might try isolating just that.

As for separated forums, well ... its been suggested a couple times actually and its not happened yet so I dout it will.

Actually, he's making a point. I think we should have not forums but separate sections for each version like sphereserver has.
General announcements and starbucks section, then RunUO 2.0 with all its general discussion, scripts submission ... etc and exact copy of it for RunUO 1.0.

Lots of shard still use the first RunUO. It's not something that's going to die out and this guy's problem might happen to others. I'm not a fan of flooding the board with lots of different sections and forums but it's a really good idea.

What do you think?

Thistle

Wanderer
Lots of shard still use the first RunUO. It's not something that's going to die out

They may still continue to use it but as with all past versions of RunUO support for it will eventually be discontinued.

And that's where I come with a question "why?"
Why not simple add a section for RunUO 1 so that people can independently discuss the development on/with previous RunUO versions?
It worked for sphere.

aralith

Sorceror
I think the general idea is for people to stay as current as possible. I understand why it would be useful to create a forum specifically for 1.0 scripts and I would definitely be someone who would benefit from that, but I think it'd make more sense to have the older scripts made current. It's not overly difficult in most cases.

Fixxxer

Sorceror
I dont plan on switching to 2.0, for my shard its really not needed, I have done enough with 1.0 that trying to upgrade to 2.0 it would be months for me to transfer everything over and edit everything all over again to make it work, and since my server is up and running just fine without any issues at all I dont see a need to upgrade to 2.0. I know the Dev team has worked very hard and long on it and really want people to use it, very understandable however I have worked very hard on my shard and I dont want to just throw it all away and start over from scratch either. Im not a programmer and I am still learning how to just edit scripts....

Cyndrz

Wanderer
I agree to having an area just for 1.0 ect. I love the idea of 2.0 and I have taken the time to try and find a 2.0 server to spend so time on and play to learn more. But I have a 1.0 server and I am not giving it up for anything. If I do decide to use 2.0 I will run a second server still keeping my 1.0.

Rhexis

Knight
May I suggest something for people whom want to find 1.0 scripts only:

click search, then advanced
enter: 1.0 Final]
titles only
& restrict to the releases forum

Really aint all that difficult. The /only/ 2.0 scripts (all two of them) to show up in such a search had the word Final in the topic.

[/0.02]