RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting staffed

john burns

Sorceror
Been working on a shard for awhile now, looking at game hosts and was wondering how do I go about getting my staff positions filled? Any advice on where or how I should advertise or go about this?

Simon Omega

Traveler
I don't know if ours will ever float (get a regular player base), but once ours is up we will just be a bunch of people with like interests. We know one another personally, or via the net. Some have played UO, others only Free Shards. One guy if he comes on board was perma-banded number of times by OSI for exploiting. He got caught more often than the rest of us.

Start with people you know and are close to. Family, Friends, and Co-workers that have an interest. School mates, and friends. Others come on board by asking to be included. Add them as seers, until they prove they genuinely want to help.

I was an immortal on JediMud back in the day. I exploited the power of the position, got banded for a few years. Went back, with a better attitude. Some times people mess up, just go with the flow and keep the players happy. :-D

Others should have more specifics. I've never run a game server as more than a hobby.