RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glacial Staff Idea

Devon

Wanderer
Glacial Staff Idea

Glacial Staffs are found as loot on Giant Ice Serpents. Every staffused to give the owner access to two out of three effects. The type of effects one had access to were determined at random when the Ice Serpent and staff spawed. The following effects are known:

Ice Ball - Des Corp Del. Does about 10-15 damage to the target.
Ice Strike - In Corp Del. Drains all your mana in one go and does damage depending on the mana consumed.
Paralyze - An Ex Del. Will temporary freeze your opponent.

Currently the Glacial Staves have the following properties: Hit Harm, Mage Weapon, Physical Damage, Cold Damage. All the properties seem to have random values. For further Invistigation:

http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/special.shtml

b0b01

Sorceror
I have done this too before, but on osi they don't have the special word spells anymore. Only the totally random "Hit Harm, Mage Weapon, Physical Damage, Cold Damage" properties.

otimpyre

Sorceror
I think

I think OSI changed it cause the PvPer's were using the heck outta the freeze effects for PvP. Not sure tho. It use to turn you to ice and set your body hue a icy blue on a timer then return you to normal hue and could walk again once it wore off.