RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gold commands

Quantos

Lord
All that I can say is 'WOW', these are very useful, and for a few different things as well. This is going to make managing the economy a hell of a lot easier.

I can not beleive that I did not think of something like this sooner. I am just glad that someone else out there is using the ol' coconut :)

sirens song

Wanderer
As always, A Li N, Brilliant

mind if I modify these?
I have an idea to have it list
X amount of gold total in world
from Y amount of sources
with an option to remove Z amount of gold from each source thats not a player

A_Li_N

Knight
*Gapes in awe at the fact that someone with 4k+ posts thinks this is awesome :) *

Thanks!

And yes, SS, you can modify anything I post. Public domain after all, and I like the fact that they stimulate people.

Enjoy!

A_Li_N

Knight
XxSP1DERxX said:
This is a great script.. A few optimizations could be made, but nothing major. Good job :)
o.0 ? Would love to learn how I can optimize things if you would like to share...if not, that's fine too :)

Mafghine

Sorceror
Anyway You Could Set Total Gold?

This is a awesome script. I would love to know if there was a way to make the system have X amount of gold period.When that gold is used up (in players banks), there would be no more gold dropped.

A_Li_N

Knight
I'm sure there is...something along the lines of [dispersegold X ?
And then have that calculate all the accounts and divide the gold accordingly, or some other method of dispersing. The searching through to find players code is there, I'll leave it up to you to figure out more...if you need help, post what you have on the support forum.

Man, this script is great! Tested it out and everything, and I'm amazed. This will help greatly in judging the global economy and... a stock market.

Great script! :)

Kamron

Knight
Yeah sure. The changes made are not that significant, but here is what it looks like after I edited it.

EDIT: Fixed the compile error, I forgot ()'s

Attachments

• Gold Commands.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 106

jjarmis

Wanderer
Mafghine said:
This is a awesome script. I would love to know if there was a way to make the system have X amount of gold period.When that gold is used up (in players banks), there would be no more gold dropped.

Uhm wow.... talk about a shard breaker.... uhm... so say I get on your shard and horde all the gold. Then all the newbies will never get any and they will think to themselves: "Self, there is no gold spawn on monsters. There is no way for me to get gold. I should not play here."

LOL

sirens song

Wanderer
Mabye you could spawn 2 types of lootpacks on monsters.
One has a very minimal amount of gold, (very minimal)
and the other has regulated gold, that would be determined by the amount of gold in the world or some other condition.

Kamron

Knight
Gold should be spawned using a percent scalar based on gold transaction and how much gold is leaving the game and coming in, not based on only coming in.

So if more gold is leaving the game, you should scale it higher, and if more gold is entering, you should scale it lower. This should all be proportional to the amount of players online at a time, and the amount of players who gain and loose possession of gold as well.

Dewbacca

Wanderer
What about if you tied the total gold amount to the number of accounts? Then as a new account is created 10kgp is added to a "Gold reserve".

Another scheme could be to have 1 gold ore smelted into 1 gp, 1kgp smelting into 1 ingot... so new miners could literally add gold to the economy.

I think the overall commands are great. But I also am excited about potentially limiting the amount of gold in the game. Rich players get bored quick.

A_Li_N

Knight
Here's an idea that would be quick and easy to implement that would use these commands...

On the champ spawns, then the champs drop gold, have the amount based on how much gold is in the worl....so maybe 2 million base / total gold in world. Something like that would work. On a base install (loading the world for first time - vendors all in) there is 3.3 million gold I believe. So if the first player signed on and killed a champ, they would get ~600k. This is the simplest method I can think of to start with. If someone would be interested in this, I might throw something together for them. (Or rather help them do it :D)

I'll mention any more things that come to mind.