RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gold Panning SVN/ 2.0/2.1?

jeffcarley

Sorceror
FYI, I used this script and love it, but it was very exploitable by AFK players and dropped too many nuggets too fast. I had to pull the script to rework the balance. The players would find the large nugget "hotspots" in a boat and anchor it there. Each of the players had 30 or more spots with boat they would hop around to with macros and made 30 million over night...economy buster for me before I caught it.

I also could not get it to work in small stream, like I expected. It only worked for me while on a boat in deep water. Id rather see this land based around the shores or only in streams

If this was meant for boat only I would have liked to see monsters spawn and attack the AFK players, maybe fish up some junk, random artys, rare loot etc to slow down the nugget gathering

Thanks again for sharing! I hope this helps

Lokai

Knight
Agreed. I think the best thing that can be done with this is to eliminate the vein system. Along with that is to lower the reward for turning in nuggets. Third would be to make it more interesting with random stuff while you are panning. I think with all 3 of these things done, this could be a great system to have on a shard. I have been working on the first part of this in my spare time, and the second part is simple - just give smaller checks for the gold bars.

jamesreg

Sorceror
I made the changes and could not get it to work im going to go out in a boat like the other guy said and see if it at least work but i think ill wait till the next revision this is an awesome script hope to see it get working perfectly

milva

Sorceror
Hammerhand did re-work this script- ***Redid both uploads to reflect changes made to make it harder & have definite skill gains. SVN & 2.1 versions both-***
I'm not quite sure how some are able to pan from boats, we can only pan in streams.
Hammerhand released a great script, If your having a problem with AFK players- its your "exploit" to fix ;) Panning and fishing works the same- the spot runs out and you have to move which means- your players have quite the macro going....

jamesreg

Sorceror
No i cant pan anywhere is my problem not any of the streams thats been suggest or anywhere it simply does not work. I just looked at the first post again and realize why it might not be working im using 2.0 not 2.1

milva

Sorceror
Did you do the changes which Lokai suggested? Because this had been updated to contain
the tile ID's which would go along with having SA.

Lokai

Knight
After extensive testing, I can tell you that this is all I needed to be able to pan in any river or coastal hex, including shallow water, and NOT in deep water. This works in both 2.0 FINAL on Client 7.0.6, and in 2.2 Orb SA using Client 7.0.18:

Code:
        private static int[] m_WaterTiles = new int[]
            {
                //Static Item IDs for river tiles:
                0x5797, 0x5798,
                0x5799, 0x579A,
                0x579B, 0x579C,
                0x579D, 0x579E,
                0x579F, 0x57A0,
                0x57A1, 0x57A2,
                0x57A3, 0x57A4,
                0x57A5, 0x57A6,
                0x57A7, 0x57A8,
                0x57A9, 0x57AA,
                0x57AB, 0x57AC,
                0x57AD, 0x57AE,
                0x57AF, 0x57B0,
                0x57B1, 0x57B2,
            };

jamesreg

Sorceror
Well,

I want to apologize for being stupid.

I been testing this in the runuo 2.0 version which I have
and hadnt been able to get that one to work.

I just downloaded the 2.1 version and it works perfect for me unmodified.

Should have tried that but im new to this and didnt think 2.1 would work on my 2.0

milva

Sorceror
Happy you were able to get this working ;) Your not stupid! When new to all this
it can take some time to learn which is all trial and error!

jamesreg

Sorceror
This is a wonderful script love it so much I was always a miner on osi and this is just simply a wonderful add on now if i can figure out if i can get tur mur maps to work with client 7.0.7.1 ill be good to go lol

bazspeed

Sorceror
Gold Panning system
Created by Hammerhand & Milva

Gold panning, or simply panning, is a form of placer mining that extracts gold
from a placer deposit using a pan. The process is one of the simplest ways to extract gold,
and is popular with geology enthusiasts because of its cheap cost and the relatively
simple and easy process involved. It is the oldest method of mining gold.
Now you can do it to, from the comfort of your desk chair.
Requires one edit to the SBMiner so that players can buy the gold pans.
Add(new GenericBuyInfo(typeof(GoldPan), 500, 20, 0x9D7, 0));
This panning kit comes complete with ..
Small, Medium & Large gold nuggets, gold bricks, a GoldPan & a Nugget Trader.
Trade 5 Small nuggets for 1 Medium, 3 Medium nuggets for 1 Large,
2 Large nuggets for 1 Gold Brick & a bankcheck, currently set for
$250k for 2 Gold Bricks (amount can be changed to suit). Works out to
120 small nuggets for that bankcheck. All amounts can be changed to suit.
Players also have a 2% chance of getting the ML Bonus Resource Gems
while panning (with CoreML of course). Only works with shallow water,
so you'll need to create some small streams & rivers coming off the mtns using
deco water tiles. Could also have them in mining caves. GoldPan price is set for 500
(can be changed to suit). Simply drop in, make the 1 change to the SBMiner and your good to go.
Nuggets & Bricks are stackable & can be separated into smaller amounts like food or regs.
Works directly off the Fishing skill. Animation for panning is the avatar bowing, just to
add a bit more to it.
Happy Panning!

*Edit* Redid the uploads. Both now reflect changes made earlier.

Hi, I have added the system to SVN, added the line to SBMiner, but no matter how much i pan, i cannot find any gold. I have tried streams, rivers, lakes but nothing.
Is the panning linked to a skill? If so which skill. Can you give me an idea on where exactly, this works?
Nice idea, but no good if you cant use it.

milva

Sorceror
This gold panning works on fishing skill -to quote Hammerhand
Which would set the min skill needed to 70 to get a small nugget. They are harder to get and you get skill gains as well. When testing, I gained .4 in fishing skill in the time it took to get 11 small nuggets
Which version are you using the one for 2.0 or for 2.1?
Also check Lokai's post above about the tiles and compare those to what tile id's you have.

milva

Sorceror
Please be sure you are targeting "shallow water also" you can't target deeper water as it won't work. Thanks koluch for the heads up for the patch, I was wondering about that ;)

milva

Sorceror
Yes you should gain fishing with the gold panning. Now I'm not sure if runuo fixed the problem
of not gaining fishing skill over 100?
If not Hammerhand posted you will need to change this to do so:
On the server I staff on, I had them change the fishing skill levels a bit to be able to gain above the 100. Just go into Fishing.cs, line 83 and change the 100
Code:
new HarvestResource( 00.0, 00.0, 100.0, 1043297, typeof( Fish ) )