RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

good plugins?

Lynyrd

Knight
People who make them probably won't want to share them with the public. Learn C# and make them yourself. It isn't too hard.

Dipset

Wanderer
People don't share them because of the shit that happend on UOGamers.

Or their greedy as fuck, like myself. =]

what happend on uogamers? and i learned some c# for runuo will this help me? is there a site for krios that would have told me taht plugins were made in c#?

you cant just order sombody to make their own plugin without telling them what language tehy are made in can you.... im not lazy i just asumed people woudl share their work like they seem to do on the runuo script forums

but if some sort of incident happend on uoagmers ic ould see why this would be teh case. thanks for teh advice

Dipset

Wanderer
There easy to make. If you're using VS.NET 2003 its a lot easier however. The plugins need to be compiled using .NET 1.1 so if your using VS.NET 2005 you need some trickery.

Make a copy of Client.exe and Exposer.dll somewhere and rename Client.exe to Client.dll then create a new Class Libary project and add Client.dll and Exposer.dll as refs. In your project make your class based on a Plugin like so;

"class MyBadassPlugin : Plugin"

You can override OnCommandEntered so catch commands (you want to check is s == ". COMMAND").

Thats just real basic, it gets a lot harder.

Augustus

Wanderer
Admin Aphrodite said:
what happend on uogamers? and i learned some c# for runuo will this help me? is there a site for krios that would have told me taht plugins were made in c#?

you cant just order sombody to make their own plugin without telling them what language tehy are made in can you.... im not lazy i just asumed people woudl share their work like they seem to do on the runuo script forums

but if some sort of incident happend on uoagmers ic ould see why this would be teh case. thanks for teh advice
Yes, they are written in C#. If you already have some knowledge of C#, you shouldn't have much trouble.