RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

-= [GuiruoX] Advanced GUI for RunUO =- (Not released stub)

Xeevis

Sorceror
-= [GuiruoX] Advanced GUI for RunUO =- (Not released stub)

Graphical User Interface for RunUO by Xeevis (GuiruoX)

First Word:
Several years ago I started working on GUI solution to give complete control over RunUO from easy to use Graphical User Interface, which would be so powerful to control directly any aspect of RunUO. From inside-out and from out to inside, with features like plugins and other hefty stuff. However as ambition and ideas grown, community around RunUO and desire to stick to UO lessened. I also grown into age when money from parents wasn't viable option. I was never able to finish this project as I worked on it alone with not very bright vision of monetary return.

As I believe this project should not vanish into thin air, after all that time i spent on it. I'm asking for help to give it a distributable shape. Code is working, its kind of polished, all remaining is adding stuff and redistribution options, but its still far from finished. Its currently tied to my assemblies and I wasn't able to untie it as I have little difficulties with whole assembly infrastructure and reflection. As I'm working on other projects to bring some coin into my miserable living I don't feel I can keep working on this one alone. I haven't even touched it for 2 years. So I forgot completely code :D.

Features:
  • Loads directly with server: You can talk to all server methods, properties, interfaces and data like you are writing scripts. So all controls can fetch predefined page responses, edit particular item in game etc.
  • You can switch between Console/GUI any time.
  • Can use any fancy stuff like minimizing to Tray, context menus etc.
  • Plus much more I just don't want to overhype it :D

Screenshots (Lightbox):
VISIT TO VIEW 9 IMAGES OF LIGHTBOX PRESENTATION

If you have skill and time to help with all this, write me PM or IM and we can put together way to bring this project to life. Otherwise I'll just let it sit here to show all what they are missing :D. In case you like it and would like to express how those screenshots enhanced your life, feel free to do so :DD.

Xeevis

Sorceror
Reserved ... Also I'll attach one screenshot, check rest in link on first post

Davron

Wanderer
Hey, saw your post in my thread and just commenting on that it looks great, just the functionality i need :p

I wouldn't be able to help tho :(

runuo_user

Wanderer
i disagree

more useful is to make [admin gump more useful/powerful/nyaful
but not guis
server is server, it does not need any guis
all guis must be on clients side

Xeevis

Sorceror
Jeff;839593 said:
In reality, this should be built like a remote gui app simular to what I've been slowly working on RunUO Administrator

Thats exactly why I stopped working on it as i realized it has to work remotely and I had no experience in that area that time. Im under heavy load right now, but once you get into useable state in your administrator I can create PocketPC app to give it some mobile control :).

Jeff

Lord
Xeevis;840126 said:
Thats exactly why I stopped working on it as i realized it has to work remotely and I had no experience in that area that time. Im under heavy load right now, but once you get into useable state in your administrator I can create PocketPC app to give it some mobile control :).

Well the cool thing about this app is it is done in WPF, and WPF converts quite easily to Silverlight. The new Windows Phone 7 uses Silvelright strictly as a UI interface, so I will most likely be porting it to that. If you want to make your own, using my code, have at it, its GPL, but its written specifically for WPF using a MVVM design pattern that really can't be used for anything but WPF and Silverlight. I'm also getting a Mac, hopefully soon, and when I do, I plan on making an IPhone app to remotely control your server as well (in order to learn Objective-C).