RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gump Studi 1.8 R2

Bradley

Sorceror
I'm sorry to announce that due to hardware failure I've lost the source code for GumpStudio going back 2 years. I also no longer have enough free time to effectivly work on GS. I've decided to turn the project over to Ravenal. I beleive he has already made significant progress on a major new version.

Varchild

Wanderer
Bradley;778081 said:
I'm sorry to announce that due to hardware failure I've lost the source code for GumpStudio going back 2 years. I also no longer have enough free time to effectivly work on GS. I've decided to turn the project over to Ravenal. I beleive he has already made significant progress on a major new version.

Damned Hard drives. They are the programmer damnation.
Does Ravenal have the source of GS?
Could become a google project?

Bradley

Sorceror
Varchild;778108 said:
He doesn't have the orriginal source, but He's been working with .NET Reflector and asking me questions to get it working. I beleive the most recent copy of the source code is with Roadmaster, but I havent been able to contact him.

RabidWeezle

Wanderer
Varchild;778108 said:

Now since these new Solid State hard drives are out, I think all developers should be seriously looking at them for a safer approach to saving source code, another thing to look at is cloud computing. I know I'm going to be backing up my shard to at least 2 sources on the net (most likely my gmail, and a backup ftp). I am so glad the day of the magnetic hard drive's days are numbered. We have had enough of these setbacks in productivity thanks to failing hardware. Kinda like when we moved up from floppy diskettes to cd burners. *shivers remembering floppies that would get wiped for being too close to his speakers*

I hope for everyone sake you get lucky and get ahold of that guy for your source back, I love gump studio, it's about the most usefull tool for making quality pro looking gumps.

I do have a question though, is plugin development not possible? For instance, if we could get a working run uo 2.0 rc2 export plugin so people don't have to fix the difference in code, that would be great.

Jeff

Lord
just because its solid state, doesn't mean its not prone to issue. I did data recovery for 2 years, and saw tons of solid state flash cards :/ The recoverability rate for solid state is much lower as well...

Christos81

Wanderer
That, my friend, is an interesting point brought up just as I am thinkin about what to use for backing up my work. Thanks jeff, good to know.