RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gump Studio 1.8 Released!

roadmaster

Sorceror
I decided to write a new GumpImporter from scratch with Bradley's help, its in the Beta stages but i would like to release it so I can get some bug reports back on it. I can only debug it so much before i seem to start going over things i already looked at. So please by all means put it through some torture testing and let my know of any bugs or suggestions to make it work better.

At the moment I can't re-release my Exporter just yet, although its coming soon.

*Edit*
This Importer is for RunUo Gump Scripts only.

Attachments

• ImportRunUo.rar
    5.6 KB · Views: 38

Shakhan

Wanderer
I've noticed that when you export into a RunUO file it places many @'s in the code, then if I import that file (when and if it does load) all those @'s are placed on the gump next to labels and such. Also about 9 out of 10 times I try to import a RunUo .cs file, the program totally locks up. Any suggestions?

Oh, also when importing a .cs file the program also does not save any custom names assigned to buttons or labels.

roadmaster

Sorceror
1. I've noticed that when you export into a RunUO file it places many @'s in the code, then if I import that file (when and if it does load) all those @'s are placed on the gump next to labels and such.

This has already been changed to take out those characters for the next version of the exporter.

2. 9 out of 10 times I try to import a RunUo .cs file, the program totally locks up.

what version of GumpStudio and which importer are you using? Also can you post a RunUo .cs file that you are having this problem with so I can look to see if i can find anything that might be conflicting.

3. when importing a .cs file the program also does not save any custom names assigned to buttons or labels.

the way that the importer works is it opens the script file then reads each line from top to bottom, the importer looks at each line to determine if it is a line that can be used to recreate the gump.

AddButton(57, 57, 247, 248, 1, GumpButtonType.Reply, 0);

at this point the Importer has no way of knowing any information other than what it can pull from the above line. If you use the Int Style as above theres no information to pull a name from.

however I will work on the Enum Style, I believe i can do it with the enums. At least for Buttons, Checkboxes and RadioButtons.

Thanks for the report.:)

Shakhan

Wanderer
The Lockup problem wasn't a lockup at all.. I was just working on a rather large gump and it took a long time for it to import the file. I am using version 1.8 of gump studio.

roadmaster

Sorceror
Shakhan;740661 said:
The Lockup problem wasn't a lockup at all.. I was just working on a rather large gump and it took a long time for it to import the file. I am using version 1.8 of gump studio.

Yea i noticed that on large gumps it takes some time to process everything and load them up, when i have some time i'll try to streamline the code and see if I can speed it up a little. ;)

Right now i'm working some kinks out of the UnReleased new version of the Exporter, I had some issues with "AddGroup(0)"s when loading up from the Importer so im working on fixing those issues first.:)