RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with Pandora's Box

Dark Raven

Wanderer
Ok I found and am using Pandora's Box to make in game changes.
I have a few questions about it.
1st is when I place down NPC's from guards, to vendors to town people they don’t stay at the spot I put them at. They wonder off in a few hours leaving the areas I made for them to be empty. So how can I stop this from happening or they just disappear with a puff of a gray cloud.
2nd I wanted to make some NPC towns, but there are only parts of buildings like I need to make them from scratch. Yet I have not found how to put all the peaces together or make a second story on them too.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alyssa Dark

Sorceror
for the npc issue:

if using a premiumspawner or xmlspawner, check the home range and the spawn range to keep them within a certain area.... regular spawner is home range and walking range, not sure how many people still using those though...
if using [add on them would need to go in and [props them and set their 'home' location and their 'rangehome' for how many spaces from that home you want them to wander in....
if not wanting them to move at all can also set 'cantwalk' to true as well

for the building issue:

using towns already on the maps or building one from scratch? building a town from scratch is quite a project, might consider doing some custom builds in already existing towns to get a start and better feel for pandora... it's kind of hard to explain how to build here, lol..

good luck :)

alchimysty

Wanderer
you can also check out UO Architect to deal with the houses/parts of houses deal. If you search around you can find a number of already made houses you can simply plop in (and edit of course), also you can do something nifty and actually export existing buildings from the game world and use them elsewhere. Best thing is you can EDIT them as well. :D

fyi if you are going to do the exporting, wipe the area that contains the building first to clear up any spawners/doors/etc, then export...that will save it in UOA. also do NOT save the shard...just export to UOA and shut down the server (without saving)...that way what you wiped will be back when the server comes back up.

-Alch