RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi all :D My first scripts <-- Imbuing system

KISOR

Sorceror
has anyone else had the brittle prop on armor get removed before or after a reboot? not really sure if the armor was imbued before or after the brittle prop was added but it did have it on now is missing, it adds it after the armor is imbued il keep a eye out if it happens again might of just been removed for the armor that was pre imbued before the edit was added.

Dreamseeker

Sorceror
Yeah, you are correct Kisor. I've put the read TIme_imbued after the resist stat reads.. not a big problem, it just needs a minor tweak making it read in the right order (THis problem's proberly on the clothing too.. lemme check... Yeah, same on BaseClothing :( )

Nothing needs deleting as it's only on the read not write, here's the files with the proper read serialization
*See below for updated Distros (Or in Main .Rar file on Page 1)*

Thx Kisor

Dreamseeker

Sorceror
Serialization problem with base scripts asking me to delete everything using Orb 3.0
I'm not familiar with the latest Orb basescripts, it could be that they have newer version serializations. (Or you may have your own edits?)

SF Imbuing versions write at
BaseArmour.cs = writer.Write( (int) 11 );
BaseClothing.cs = writer.Write( (int) 9 );
BaseJewel.cs = writer.Write( (int) 8 );
BaseWeapon.cs = writer.Write((int)14);
Are your scripts writing at higher or the same Version? This will be the conflict, you can change to the next number up from your version, then set the Reader to the same - i.e (BaseWeapon.cs seralization read)
Code:
case 14:
{
        #region SF Imbuing
        m_TimesImbued = reader.ReadInt();
        #endregion
        goto case 13;
}
Try these Base scripts, I've slimmed them down and they shouldn't need any items to be deleted..

If you still get the delete items problem, send me the Base scripts you're using and I'll add the Imbuing stuff to them

Attachments

• BaseArmor.cs
    68.4 KB · Views: 13
  • BaseClothing.cs
    44.7 KB · Views: 7
  • BaseJewel.cs
    22.6 KB · Views: 10
  • BaseWeapon.cs
    158.3 KB · Views: 8

Erevan

Sorceror
maybe i am an amateur at this but if you remove the save flag for timesimbued, wouldnt that defeat the whole purpose of knowing if and how many times an item has been imbued?

Erevan

Sorceror
okay i also noticed that the serialize and deserialize are not done properly at all. you have it saving and reading m_timesimbued BEFORE it is saving/reading the new stuff. i learnt the hard way that is the cause of item wipes and such. a wise man (daat99) once told me you MUST read your saves in the same order that you saved them. so adding this new block below timesimbued will cause this issue. especially in deserialize. in an older version you had m_timesimbued reading as case 8 in base clothing, but then you moved it to case 9 with the new block. it is now reading out of order. i moved timesimbued back to case 8 and it fixed it.

i should also mention that in regards to my post above you have some really confusing distros. in the copy in the first post, you have flags for timesimbued removed but re-added them in the copies you uploaded above. are we to remove them or not?

rondelin

Sorceror
We are all using different distros as well so. I am using Orb 3.0 I have just reworked my whole shard [rebuilt and added my customs and reworked them]. I don't think I can get hung up on this ATM. I might post this at ORB. Got bigger fish to fry.

Oh ya its "VialOfVitriol" by the way.

Dreamseeker

Sorceror
Right.. Erevan, you're kinda right about the Seralization, but if it didn't work the other way (i.e m_TimeImbued after the new stuff) Then I'd reckon it made sense to put it in the place where it would write/read without needing deletes. The SaveFlag just lets the system know if the TimeImbued int is >0 (I'd decided to write the int whatever the state, simplifying the writing process) It's been writing without using the SaveFlag since the first edit months ago, I just tidied it up and took it out to avoid later confusion (It doesn't affect anything)
If you check the BaseClothing, I bumped it to version 9 for the new edits, but when an error was noted.. I had to work it in so that ppl with version 9 writes could still read without errors, hence putting the New writes after TimeImbued (It just goes throught the blank version 8 via goto command)
Maybe you are an amateur at this.. this is my first C# project I began to self teach myself the language, thought i'd put it out here because every other scripter jealously guards their work and i'm not (This if anything is a good base to edit to your own needs if nothing else) If you actually get any errors let me know.. till then stop whining about what you THINK you know :eek: I've not had to delete my items (I'm using Orb v2.2 or whatever.. the one thats a basic edit of RunUO v2.2 whatever lol)
Oh ya its "VialOfVitriol" by the way.
Yeah I know Ron.. There were two version of the Vial of Vitriol in the Orb version I'm using, had to pick one or the other, guess they've done away with the other, sorry bud.. at least you had the mind to make the change ;)

I can't get my hands on the v3 Orb.. registered at the site, but it won't let me in with my registered name.. but it sent me an email saying to PM the Moderator.. which I can't do 'cause I'm not logged in. Gave up 'cause that isn't logical.. I hope the guys here at RunUO make the leap to where my Orb is at, so I can switch and stick with the Original

Anymore questions?

Dreamseeker

Sorceror
Btw people,
If you are using Orb v3, I can offer no support as this is a RunUO forum. I can try offer advise.. but I don't use (or plan to use) Orb v3.

I've just tested this system on a whole new server and had NO conflicts with serialization/deserailization. but any (Constructive) Feedback is welcome ;)

daat99

Staff member
Please keep this thread clean.

I don't want to delete and edit posts again due to rude behavior and unnecessary arguments.

PS.
You can get more "rude" if you want, you just won't do it here for long... you know who you are so consider this a warning.

Dreamseeker

Sorceror
Sorry Daat99.. I was a bit out of order. I wasted time checking on non existent problems - Proberbly due to different Server versions. If anyone wants to take the script and modify it for that Server, they have my blessing - Just keep my name in the credits ;)

Warning noted btw Daat99.. sorry that you had to slap sense into me.

Dreamseeker

Sorceror
When i click skill group 4 notting happens
I've just took a look, yeah.. not sure why it's not bringing up the options. The code is ok, it's prog'd the same as 1,2,3 & 5 :confused: Nothing obvious that would cause the problem.

I'll take a look tomorrow and see if I can sort the problem out asap. (Am quite drunk at the moment *Hic*)

Thx Forgot373, good catch.

Dreamseeker

Sorceror
Found the problem within 30 seconds .. thus proving that programming when very, very drunk isn't a good idea :p

The button was set to number 10013.. but the OnResponse was Mistakenly set as case 100013:

Duhhhh I do look thick sometimes George :rolleyes: Here's the whole ImbuingB.cs - Alternatively search and correct the mistake by searching case 100013:

Thx again Forgot373.

Attachments

• ImbuingB.cs
    40.5 KB · Views: 10

Dreamseeker

Sorceror
Hey all,

Just updated the main SFImbuing.rar on page 1

------------ Recent Changes ---------------------------
= 29/12/12 =
------------
* - Some properties will now replace other properties as per OSI (i.e - OnHitFireball replaces OnHitHarm / OnHitAreaCold replaces OnHitFire etc..)

* - Durability Bonuses and Self Repair are now removed upon Imbuing items with these properties

* - Fixed Small error with selecting 'Skill Group 4' in the Imbuing Menu - This now works properly

--------------------------------------------------------

Just wanna say thanks for the feedback people, no way would I have got this far without your support ;)

C.Watson a.k.a 'Dreamseeker'

JEEG84

Sorceror
Hi, i have a Problem with new Imbuing.rar Archive : i cant Find "ItemIdentification.cs" in your Archive and i cannot Merge it with my file.

Can you fix this Problem ??

Dreamseeker

Sorceror
Sorry, I've not been around the last week or so.. I'm moving house :mad:

I'll sort the .rar file out and add the ItemID.cs now just incase it take too long to get hooked up to the net again. I'll stick the file here also for you guys with everything but the ItemID.cs

I've improved the whole imbuing system a little, will add the updates when I get settled in my new place. See y'all soon

Attachments

• ItemIdentification.cs
    29.2 KB · Views: 15