RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hoodable Robe

Tru

Knight
Hoodable Robe

The original Hooded Robe
All of the mods have been edited out (that makes it hide your identity)
So this is simply a robe that when double clicked puts the hood up (or down)
I honestly don't remember the 2 other names that should be mentioned (as we all kinda worked it out together) but they know who they are.

Attachments

• HoodedRobe.cs
    2.8 KB · Views: 1,592

Torvin

Wanderer
Hehehe, You Know what Tru, As much as I love to hear, my props. For the help I did with this one, we wouldn't have gotten it right without ya so as far as i'm concerned its your script... you dont have to worry about mentioning me, I dont remember the third guys name but i'm sure he would feel the same way. Guy's We started this together but came up with a problem that it wouldn't show the proper robe animations after the hood was changed, it was Tru, that solved, the issue, so if it wasn't for him you wouldn't be enjoying this one...

First off , great idea. I love it. It has 2 problems though I fixed one but cant seem to get the other fixed. When compiling I get this error ( Property or indexer 'Server.Mobile.ShowFameTitle' cannot be assigned to-- it is read only).

Any help on this issue?
Thanks,
Dan

Tru

Knight
soldierfortune said:
First off , great idea. I love it. It has 2 problems though I fixed one but cant seem to get the other fixed. When compiling I get this error ( Property or indexer 'Server.Mobile.ShowFameTitle' cannot be assigned to-- it is read only).

Any help on this issue?
Thanks,
Dan
Did you uncomment something? As there is no active code in what I submitted for Fame Title.
What was the problem you fixed btw?

Yes I uncommented the part where it hides your fame title. The part I fixed was the robe when worn would add "A" to the end of your name so "lord daniel" was "Lord a shrouded figure a". And when you removed the robe totally you character permanently was named "Lord Daniel A" . I got it all worked out now i would just like it to hide the fame title.

Thanks,
Dan

paladineD

Wanderer
Quick question, Im also trying to adjust it to work on my server. Im using titles to show races and im looking into how to get it to hide the title when the hood is up and then when the hood is down it goes back to what it was.

Any help is appreciated.

Lokigom92

Wanderer
I am having the same problem Soldier had getting the robe to hide the fame titles. Did you ever get that worked out Soldier? If so, how did you do it? I would like it to hide the fame titles as well....I tried the same thing as Soldier and got the same error. How do I fix that one?

FLuXx()

Sorceror
Torvin said:
it was Tru, that solved, the issue, so if it wasn't for him you wouldn't be enjoying this one...

Well honestly I had the fix as well, and had been getting support for the right code, he however got it right before anyone else. That's why he released it.

Tru

Knight
Greystar said:
I don't think you can without maybe creating a new variable that stores a characters fame on the Robe so that when you doubleclick it to make the hood go up it makes the characters Fame = 0 and stores their actual fame on the Robe then when you doubleclick it again it puts the characters fame = to the fame stored on the robe?
Which Really wouldnt be a good method, as if you gain with the hood up its going to be added to the 0 and not the stored # on the robe...allowing you to get a New Title after reaching the Appropriate Level..then resetting the old Title when the hood is down.

Lokigom92

Wanderer
Well...my last post, I made at the same time you posted yours Grey, cause I didn't see it in there...lol. Great work though! I will try it here in a few...I am cooking up a nice surprise for my players for later this month...

Shadow1980

Wanderer
Tru said:
The original Hooded Robe
All of the mods have been edited out (that makes it hide your identity)
So this is simply a robe that when double clicked puts the hood up (or down)
I honestly don't remember the 2 other names that should be mentioned (as we all kinda worked it out together) but they know who they are.

Very nice, we are using an item which is based on a heavely modified version of your robe now.
Thanks for sharing.

Lokigom92

Wanderer
Thanks Tru and Greystar

Tru, Greystar, I just want to say thanks. Because of what you did, I was able to make my star wars robes work perfectly. You guys are great!