RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hosting on a mac

Azendai83

Wanderer
Hosting on a mac

Ok Ill throw out the disclaimer, im a pc guy but my secondary machine is a mac... used for video etc etc. anyways I am thinking about starting a project that I dont think has ever been sucessfully attempted before

that being said I dont want to host it on my gaming machine and have it lagging me out all the time.

so I am thinking about hosting it on my imac until such time as I build a simple server machine to host it on. That being said I did some forum digging and all I found was a thread mentioning that one might be able to get it running using mono... can someone offer me some advice?

also please bear in mind im a pc guy and Im short on background know how for macs

If noone has reported much on it, the only real way is to try it yourself

If its the thread I remember, back then you had to compile mono yourself for os x, now theres a package available: Download - Mono
The instructions should be similar to linux, but expect differences.

AND of course if you get it running, be sure and document what steps you took to get it to run for others who attempt this.