RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

house decay

house decay

would like to see house decay be added to beta. my shard is filling up with what i know to be unused houses. would be nice to have them decay over time. could be set to off by default and can be activated on admins whim.

S

Skism

house decay is no longer on OSI hence its not ever going to be on RunUO an OSI Clone

incorrect if an account is inactive it does decay or if improperly placed. there are numerous things that could cause a house to decay. if you have numerous houses on numerous shards or even on same shard as i did you will have to manually refresh the houses. many things have/do exist on OSI just because it doesnt affect all players doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

S

Skism

if an account is inactive there is no need for them to care if there house decays
also you are incorrect

1) you cant incorectly place in osi
2) if you have 1 house it is set to be your primary and will never decay

Veldrin

Wanderer
Housing

Currently on OSI shards housing works as follows:

Any NEW house placed will become a primary (auto refreshing) home.
Grandfathered housing still exists (owning multiple homes on one account) and are required to be refreshed manually, but...if the owner of a grandfathered house places a new house he becomes subject to the NEW housing system. For example Skism owns a keep and a castle on the same shard which he manually has to refresh cause they are under the grandfathered housing sytem. He decides he wants a new custom house plot to deco and spots a nice lil 18x18 plot so he drops his plot where he wants it and boom....he now has 2 count em 2 condemned houses (the keep and the castle) which have become condemned due to him accepting the conditions of placing his new 18x18 plot.

The Housing System on OSI is currently being modified in phases. Currently they are up to phase 2.

better description of the system can be found here:
http://update.uo.com/design_418.html

unless your account is considered inactive........ my point is housing should be able to go into decay when a player leaves shard and say when an admin delets the account would it not be nice if the house the player placed went a way too.

and i did not mean that you could (which btw at one point there were multiple ways to illegaly place a house) i was saying what if something such as another house being placed (yes currently you can not on RUn UO) but on OSI shich you seem to think you know so well you can.

Skism try doing a search on histories yourself learn a little before you blurt out what you dont know.

Veldrin has it to the letter the way current housing is handled aside from leaving out inactive account house decay which is supposed to be phase three which OSI has had on hold for nearly a year now. LOL

S

Skism

i play on osi and i have read what veldrin put when it first came out the fact remains there would be no point in having house decays when you have to have inactive account for it to decay

stakex

Wanderer
I dont even think a house decays on an Inactive account. I know someone who stoped playing the day AoS went active on Europa and his hosue is still there.
Veldrin is correct on everything. Accept for the fact you could never own two houses on the same OSI shard with the same account. The only way you could is with mutiple accounts. Unless there was a VERY small time you could.

C

churchmi

House Decay

A friend of mine passed away a year ago and her multiple homes are still there today. Noone can get rid of them, they remain in a permanent condemned state.

*shrugs* who knows what they are smoking over at EA/OSI

Veldrin

Wanderer
Housing

When Trammel housing was first introduced on OSI it was indeed possible to have more than one home on the same account (My brother made his OSI fortune from house trading) and still has several houses on his account to this day...even on seperate shard under the grandfathered housing system (see my previous post). The ability to own multiple houses per account went into nerfing stage just around the time (or just before) LBR was released.

K

kaos77

stakex said:
I dont even think a house decays on an Inactive account. .

yeah the inactive account decay thing is the infamous Phase 3 decay that everyone has been waiting on since Tram was still new....they say its going in after the plethora of AOS problems are fixed but who knows....

Aquatic Elf

Sorceror
I also think there should be some const bool value for house decay.

The reason is, you'll have a million houses all over the shard if such a thing didn't exist. Who cares if OSI/EA doesn't currently have house decay or not. RUNUO supports many features that were never on OSI/EA.

OSI/EA can easily see if an account is active by whether or not the player is paying for their account or not. How are we suppose to check if an account has been active?

It would seem to make more sense, that the house would be automatically refreshed when the character logs in. Thus if someone doesn't use their account for ages, the house will decay.

Although, any form of house decay would make me happy ;).

Thanks for hearing me out...

Jeb

Wanderer
sorry to drag this old topic up, but OSI is planning on putting in phase 3 with the next publish. That means that all houses on inactive accounts (not being billed, banned etc) will start to decay.
Also anyone with a grandfathered account, that has more then one house, will have to refresh their houses manually so they do not decay...

I would like to see an option to turn on house decay as well, but would like it to be an easy on and off... (So we can choose if we want hoses that are on banned accounts to decay or not.)

Wolverana

Wanderer
Well I for one would not like to see house decay enabled in RunUO but if it is going to be could you PLEASE make it a bool we can turn on and off so we don't have to be forced to use it?

Other than that there is this handy dandy little command that is called [viewhouses which I use when I clean up accounts. Taking an account out? then by all means go to that persons chars and do [viewhouses on them and go get rid of them. Why is that so hard? I have done that with any shard I've run so far (Sphere not quite so easy since you have to use the keys to find the homes lol). I've always cleaned out the shard after every account deletion since I don't want all that crap sitting around.

Anyways, [viewhouses is all I think is needed, don't take long to run to their houses and get rid of them prior to cleaning out the accounts. Besides you have to actually shut your shard off to update that account file anyways so why not go thru the file first and see who you plan to remove and go take out their stuff. Yeah it's a little extra work and not automatic but it's also not necessary to leave it all there if you don't want it there. Options are there for getting rid of it if you use them.

My Vote: NO house decay. But if house decay is added please add it as a bool so we can choose if we want to use it or not.

Jeb

Wanderer
hmm, from reading your other posts, you don't seem to want an OSI UO emulator, you seem to want a custom UO world. That is cool, but some of us also want a OSI clone (or a better then OSI clone but based on OSIs play syle still though!!)

That is cool though, I would also want to have an easy way to turn this on and off. There is no problem with doing it the way you said, but I posted the info in case the devs want to make it like the OSI server.