RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can i start my own UO shard?

Lokai

Knight
Vitas;707550 said:
were can i get RunUO SVN 213???

If you did not download it already, then you can only get the most recent SVN when going to the Development SVN page. Once you have a working SVN with all of the hidden _svn folders included, you can use the TortoiseSVN menu to switch to a specific revision. Just type 213 in the box, and it will revert you to that revision.

Vitas

Sorceror
Thanks for SVN 219 it works!!!! i just need one thing... were can i find something replace my ip? so i don't have to give away my ip?

Vitas

Sorceror
:) Thanks!!! :)

Is there a gm forum, or is there a gm people available to help me with the shard? cause i don't know a daing thing about scripting and adding items like rares to staff. i know how to spawn staff throo pendora box. but else i'm stuck!!!

Thanks.....

Rosey1

Wanderer
this is it. that's what runuo is supposed to be for.

Do a search for things and then post if you can't find it.

There are several spawner systems you can use to spawn the world. There is nerun and xml. You can have either or both.

XML is more complicated to install (for me anyways) but it can do a lot more than nerun can.

Vitas

Sorceror
can u tell me were can i find it?

can any one tell me on how i can change my ip on letters. i know how there is just too many options...

Thanks!!!!

stormwolff;705498 said:
In another topic you hijacked you posted some questions, you also pmmed me which is something I ask people not to do in my sig.

I moved them here to keep everything in one place for you.

You should use any version of UO newer than AOS they will all patch up the same to ML. If using RunUO 1.0 or 2.0 RC1 stop patching around 5.0.9.1. If using RunUO SVN 200 or so you can patch up to 6.0.1.10.

Nope, you don't need to have an EA account to have your own shard. In fact at this time that is the only violation they can get you on for running a shard. They can ban your account if they find out you are running your own shard.

The newer clients don't use verdata so it won't be in your ML folder. RunUO is setup to use the newer clients so a recent patch version is a good choice to base your server on.

Omfg... Its not Mondays Legacy. DX

having problems connecting via my internet

I cant seem to connect to my own ip adress and ive added it into the server list. and i use to be able too ? can you please help/

Arkad

Wanderer
Good info on this thread.

Thanks for the nonstop questions Vitas lol.

This stuff should be in an FAQ if it isnt already.

problem

Hello can someone please help me? i have went to my routers control page and im trying to forward the port i have linksys and i type in 2593 in the internal port section then 192,168.1.0 and for the protocal i have both tcp and udp then i click on enable and then i save it. but when i bring up the forward port page again the one i entered is no longer there . should this be happening ?

Lokai

Knight
shadowstorm138;757493 said:
Hello can someone please help me? i have went to my routers control page and im trying to forward the port i have linksys and i type in 2593 in the internal port section then 192,168.1.0 and for the protocal i have both tcp and udp then i click on enable and then i save it. but when i bring up the forward port page again the one i entered is no longer there . should this be happening ?

Are you sure 192.168.1.0 is correct?

Normally, if you are behind a router, the Router IP ends in 0 or 254, but YOUR IP normally ends in 1, depending on how many PCs there are connected to it. Usually, it's 192.168.0.1 or close to that.

Thank you very much I got that to work. Now i am very curious how to make custom maps. do i need Uo rice to remove the encrytion so i can use the region editor on pandoras box. When i try to run it it says something of the nature encrypted client disconnects.

connection problems

thanks for all your helps guys. But i have a new problem my friend from a different house (connection) tries to join my server but what happens is he logs into his account then double clicks on the name of my server and it disconnects him (well for me on my command prompt)(for him the uo thing goes into not responding but yet i can join his server with no problem) I have my 2593 port forwarded and everything. But the strange thing is someone running off my same router (CAN) connect. Can you please help me with this problem please.

Deanna loves Tony forever. [[-Deanna. not Tony.]]