RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can i start my own UO shard?

Persaden

Wanderer
cannot open .cs file

I downloaded runuo 2.0 but I am unable to open the .cs files. What program do I need to open it? Also, do I need to download a uo client or is runuo 2.0 the same thing? Totally noob when it comes to this but have all the time in the world to learn.

Sythen

Sorceror
Here Is Another Option If You Value Your Eye Sight

I mean, notepad is definately a good alternative if you don't want to take the time to download a better free alternative:

Step 1: Click on this Link Microsoft Website

Step 2: Download Visual Studio Express C#

Step 3: Install It And You're Done!

With this program you can do everything you need to do when it comes to scripting for RunUO. :eek:

Endivh

Wanderer
so confused

Hi, i have followed all the instructions you have posted stormwolff, i am still trying to have my server so that friends can log into it i changed the notpad you said need's to be changed in this thread, but is still not working or at least its not saving indefinitely what can id o ? thanks for any help

Endivh

Wanderer
so confused

Hi, i have followed all the instructions you have posted stormwolff, i am still trying to have my server so that friends can log into it i changed the notpad you said need's to be changed in this thread, but is still not working or at least its not saving indefinitely what can id o ? thanks for any help

Oh and i don't know how to forward an ip do i need to do that first ?

Sir_Britton

Sorceror
I suggest scripting yourself unless you really really trust the guy. Its hard but it will teach you TONS on how your own server works.

Endivh

Wanderer
alright next question...

i've never written my own scripts, how do i go about this ? i mean how do i start it up, im sure i can figure it out just need some direction as the where to begin thanks for your help

one more thing, what exactly do i have to script for others to come on my shard ??

Endivh

Wanderer
New at this,

ok so i need aid, i have done really good for being clueless to all this just be reading the forum's and have helped me imensely particularly stormwolff has provided alot of useful information that worked for me, however my problem is still making it public so a friend can come help me design my shard, we are not LAN,

I have tried changing the stuff in script/misc/serverlist as instructed by you storm, but do i need a particular notebad program like you used, a regular notpad is not saving properly for me, im also being told that i need to forward my port number, and being told i should script it myself if i don't trust the source but i do not know how to do any of this please help me in my confusion and crisis

Sir_Britton

Sorceror
When you port foward, make sure that all fields are filled out and you have enable selected. I assume you have a Linksys. Also make sure the host machine has a static IP.

Check your users manual for more detailed information.

Endivh

Wanderer
ok i don't have linksys, i don't think anyways, and im not sure how to portforward with run uo im new to this

ericwdraven

Wanderer
Having a trouble...

Ok Ive dowloaded the run uo client and when I open it its asks if i want to creat a new owner account i type y and it asks for user name and pass i type them in then it says:

Account created
Restricting Client Version to 5.0.9.1. Action to be taken LenientKick
Listening: 127.0.0.1:2593
Listening: 70.184.158.219:2593

What does all of this mean. As I was writing this it said:

Core: Using standard save strategy
World: Saving...done in 0.58 seconds

Could someone help me figure this out

Kitchen_

Sorceror
Account created

Simply means it's created an account.

Restricting Client Version to 5.0.9.1. Action to be taken LenientKick

Means that anyone who connects and with a client version that is above 5.0.9.1 will be kicked.

Listening: 127.0.0.1:2593
Listening: 70.184.158.219:2593

These are the IP:port combinations that your server is looking for connections on. The first one is your loopback IP, which only you can connect to. The second one is your public IP which anyone can connect to, as long as your ports are forwarded.

Core: Using standard save strategy
World: Saving...done in 0.58 seconds

Just means that the server has saved and it took 0.58 seconds.

draknare

Squire
Where to get UO mul files?

You need uo installed or access to the mul files(patched to around 5.9.1)

I haven't played UO in over 10 years, but I'm looking to get a shard setup so I can play a little with my 2 daughters. I was wondering on the best approach to get the files to the right patch version?

Thoughts?

=Drak

robynuo

Sorceror
Best way is to stare at the patch screen and cancel patching at the right point then copy the whole client to the other computers that will use it.

Actually it is not important at what point you stop patching if you hand out the client to friends then.
Important is only that all use the same client version.

bruce wayne

Wanderer
i am starting 1 to

k well i was reading thru this fourm and yea it helps alot but let me explain i got runuo,uogateway,UOML client,i got a port number a ip address and a addmin acc set up lol did good on my own when i have no idea wat i am doing lol but wat should i use to get on to my server i tryed to use uogateway and when i try and log in it says cannot connect plz try again later lol u probly already explained this eles were but i always get and erro when using this site so i am gonna sit right here lol but anyways my question is....how do i get into my server????

p.s. i really dont no wat i am doing lol thats y i made a shard to figure it out

Hanible

Wanderer
robynuo;790990 said:
Best way is to stare at the patch screen and cancel patching at the right point then copy the whole client to the other computers that will use it.

Actually it is not important at what point you stop patching if you hand out the client to friends then.
Important is only that all use the same client version.

How can you patch the client without a UO account?

NM. I haven't played in so long I forgot the game patched on launch...:eek: