RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I figure out a compiler error?

Malaperth

Wanderer
How do I figure out a compiler error?

First, try running the server in Debug mode. In order to do this, create a shortcut to Server.exe if you have not already.

If you have, right click on the shortcut and view the Properties.

In the Properties window, there is a Target line. It will look something like "C:\DirectoryOne\DirectoryTwo\Server.exe".

Add -debug to the end of that path line.

That will normally give you the exact line and column of the error.

If you edit scripts with Notepad, I suggest going here:

http://www.runuo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67444

and downloading Visual C# for free as this will make your life much easier. If you have that, you can find the particular line number using Ctl-G. A window will pop up asking you to input the line number to go to.

Also, when you see a specific error, copy the last text after the last dot (for example (NormalizePathFast out of the full line System.IO.Path.NormalizePathFast(String path, Boolean fullCheck)) and before the ( and input that into the main Forum Index's search menu. More often than not, someone before you has asked about that error and someone has answered as to how to solve the issue.