RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I make my character a GM?

A

aarongoltz

How do I make my character a GM?

Hi, I just set up my RunUO server and connected to it using UOGateway. I have UseUO, but I can't add things to the game because my character is not a gm. Can someone please tell me how to make my character a GM? Thanks, Aaron

A

AlejandroX

The first account you create is a gm account. From there you can do "[add gmstone" so that your other characters can become gms.

A

aarongoltz

The problem that I am having is that when I use the UseUO tool, it says I can't create things when I tell it too. It says I don't have access to those commands.

A

AlejandroX

That is because you're not on your GM account. The first time you logged in, that account, is your gm account. If you don't know what it is re-install.

A

Allmight

ff

The best way is as follows.

1. use a gmstone.
2. Props yourself
3. change gfx to 987

Now you are a full fledged GM

J

JoJo

Thanks Ryan and Allmight, My RunUO beta 4 and UseUO is working now,
can you teach me how to add things in like house, npc etc..... is there any other programs i can download and use? Thanks for he roll lp.

Eagle

Wanderer
The next version of UseUO you will be able to add npc's with it and you can add houses/multis now BUT BUT BUT beware , as of RunUO Beta4 there is no way to remove the house without wipeing all the items in the world , but if you still wanna try it ( say like in green acres ) they are listed under Multi's in the items category of UseUO Beta3.

To manualy add NPC's for now you can type [add npcname , like

[add banker

will add a banker, you can look in the /scripts/mobiles for npc's that are currently scripted in and get their name and add them ( a very small list to give you a few are [add orc [add tanhorse [add unicorn

that should show you how to get started, and you can take it from there. Have fun

-Eagle Out

J

JoJo

Thank Eagle roll
just wondering that because 2 years ago my friend did show me a program that hmmm... cant remember now but i think is UOX and igniton... he did add a castle and items, but he dont want to teach me...
so my Question is does UOX can add item in? UOX same as RuoUO?
Because i m newbie so i m asking this dumb Question (
Thank for help

J

JoJo

whats different between UOX-classic, UOX and wolfpack can anyone explain to me please

Leviathon

Wanderer
Correct me if im wrong, but they are all based on the uox source code, right? Run uo isnt open source is it? I think it would remain better for the community if it was kept closed although sharing may have its advantages, anyone feel the same way?

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
RunUO will remain closed source. RunUO is not based off of the UOX source code.

A

Allmight

f

Yes, RunUO should stay closed. If it was opened source it would not be as stable as it is now, and i doubt they would be able to advance so fast as they do since there would be so many modifying the code it would become confusing.