RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to compile the latest svn on Ubuntu feisty

UORunner

Sorceror
How to compile the latest svn on Ubuntu feisty

Greetings,

Thanks to everyone involved in the RunUO project. I remember a while back, a runuosvn181 deb package was posted, which seemed to run without problems on ubuntu. I still have that deb, but since upgrading my system, it will not run anymore :| . I was wondering if you guys can post instructions on how to compile the latest svn with the latest mono release. I've tried some other compilation instructions elsewhere on these forums, but they are not working. Thanks in advance for your help!

Sabaoth

Wanderer
Hi there,

what version of mono you got running in your system? Latest svn shouldn't make any props compiling with mono 2.5.

get latest svn with

"svn checkout http://svn.runuo.com/repos/runuo/devel/"
and compile with:

$ ~/mono-1.2.5/bin/gmcs -d:MONO -unsafe+ -optimize- -t:exe -out:RunUO.exe -recurse:Server/*.cs
like mark told in his threat, should work wihtout errors. If you got errors, please post.

Saba

UORunner

Sorceror
Thanks for the reply! This is what got.

ok. I got rev 261 from svn, and in the terminal I went to my runuo/devel folder. From there, I typed in the command and this is what returned:

*@*:~/runuo/devel$ /home/*/mono-1.2.5/bin/gmcs -d:MONO -unsafe+ -optimize- -t:exe -out:RunUO.exe -recurse:Server/*.cs
Server/Main.cs(451,37): warning CS0219: The variable `ms' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Map.cs(1797,33): warning CS0219: The variable `start' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Mobile.cs(8728,32): warning CS0219: The variable `oldRegion' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/MultiData.cs(108,61): warning CS0219: The variable `extra' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Items/BaseMulti.cs(159,29): warning CS0219: The variable `version' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Items/SecureTradeContainer.cs(116,29): warning CS0219: The variable `version' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/Listener.cs(96,46): warning CS0219: The variable `res' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(405,46): warning CS0219: The variable `layer' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(520,32): warning CS0219: The variable `lang' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(519,29): warning CS0219: The variable `unk' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(549,29): warning CS0219: The variable `type' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(548,29): warning CS0219: The variable `lastTip' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(563,29): warning CS0219: The variable `value' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(582,29): warning CS0219: The variable `unk2' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(590,29): warning CS0219: The variable `unk2' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(620,29): warning CS0219: The variable `v8' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(619,29): warning CS0219: The variable `v7' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(618,29): warning CS0219: The variable `v6' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(617,29): warning CS0219: The variable `v5' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(616,29): warning CS0219: The variable `v4' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(615,32): warning CS0219: The variable `s4' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(614,32): warning CS0219: The variable `s3' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(613,32): warning CS0219: The variable `s2' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(612,32): warning CS0219: The variable `s1' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(611,29): warning CS0219: The variable `v3' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(610,29): warning CS0219: The variable `v2' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(609,29): warning CS0219: The variable `v1' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(692,37): warning CS0219: The variable `light' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(691,37): warning CS0219: The variable `dungeon' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(690,37): warning CS0219: The variable `nightFX' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(689,37): warning CS0219: The variable `music' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(688,37): warning CS0219: The variable `soundFX' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(686,37): warning CS0219: The variable `zEnd' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(685,37): warning CS0219: The variable `zStart' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(684,37): warning CS0219: The variable `height' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(683,37): warning CS0219: The variable `width' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(682,37): warning CS0219: The variable `y' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(681,37): warning CS0219: The variable `x' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(680,37): warning CS0219: The variable `unk' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(865,32): warning CS0219: The variable `lang' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(890,29): warning CS0219: The variable `hue' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(889,29): warning CS0219: The variable `itemID' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(887,29): warning CS0219: The variable `menuID' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(947,29): warning CS0219: The variable `minusOne' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(1054,29): warning CS0219: The variable `flags' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(1449,29): warning CS0219: The variable `key' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(1709,29): warning CS0219: The variable `unk' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(1708,29): warning CS0219: The variable `width' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(1796,32): warning CS0219: The variable `serial' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(1810,32): warning CS0219: The variable `av' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(1809,29): warning CS0219: The variable `unk' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(1893,29): warning CS0219: The variable `clientIP' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(1886,32): warning CS0219: The variable `name' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(2022,29): warning CS0219: The variable `clientIP' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(2021,29): warning CS0219: The variable `charSlot' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(1992,29): warning CS0219: The variable `unk3' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(1991,29): warning CS0219: The variable `unk2' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs(1990,29): warning CS0219: The variable `unk1' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Persistence/StandardSaveStrategy.cs(97,36): warning CS0219: The variable `decaying' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Item.cs(1887,37): warning CS0169: The private method `Server.Item.SetSaveFlag(ref Server.Item.SaveFlag, Server.Item.SaveFlag, bool)' is never used
Server/Timer.cs(380,36): warning CS0414: The private field `Server.Timer.m_QueueCountAtSlice' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/ScriptCompiler.cs(520,30): warning CS0169: The private method `Server.ScriptCompiler.LoadScriptedAssembly(System.Collections.Generic.List<System.Reflection.Assembly>, string, Server.ScriptCompiler.Compiler, bool)' is never used
Server/Gumps/Gump.cs(370,32): warning CS0169: The private method `Server.Gumps.Gump.Compile()' is never used
Server/Persistence/FileQueue.cs(39,37): warning CS0414: The private field `Server.FileQueue.Chunk.offset' is assigned but its value is never used
Compilation succeeded - 64 warning(s)

Now I see the runuo.exe in there, but how do I run this? Is it through mono, commandline or some other method? If I click .exes in ubuntu, Wine pops up. Again, many thanks for your help.

UORunner

Sorceror
Thank you!

You just made my night Sabaoth! Another quick question if I may, is it possible to compile Pandora's Box with mono as well? Again, many thanks for your time.

PaddyWan

Wanderer
Compile Error

Hi Guys. I've been trying to compile the latest svn, but im getting an error:

paddywan@grrrr ~/runuo/devel $ gmcs -d:MONO -unsafe+ -optimize- -t:exe -out:RunUO.exe -recurse:Server/*.cs
Server/Main.cs(451,37): warning CS0219: The variable `ms' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Map.cs(1797,33): warning CS0219: The variable `start' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Mobile.cs(8728,32): warning CS0219: The variable `oldRegion' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/MultiData.cs(108,61): warning CS0219: The variable `extra' is assigned but its value is never used

Unhandled Exception: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
at Mono.CSharp.TypeManager.UnifyType (System.Type pt, System.Type at, System.Type[] inferred) [0x00000]
at Mono.CSharp.TypeManager.UnifyTypes (System.Type[] pts, System.Type[] ats, System.Type[] inferred) [0x00000]
at Mono.CSharp.TypeManager.UnifyType (System.Type pt, System.Type at, System.Type[] inferred) [0x00000]
at Mono.CSharp.TypeManager.InferTypeArguments (System.Type[] param_types, System.Type[] arg_types, System.Type[] inferred_types) [0x00000]
at Mono.CSharp.TypeManager.InferTypeArguments (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec, System.Collections.ArrayList arguments, System.Reflection.MethodBase& method) [0x00000]
at Mono.CSharp.MethodGroupExpr.OverloadResolve (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec, System.Collections.ArrayList Arguments, Boolean may_fail, Location loc) [0x00000]
at Mono.CSharp.MethodGroupExpr.OverloadExtensionResolve (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec, System.Collections.ArrayList& arguments, Mono.CSharp.MethodGroupExpr& mg, Mono.CSharp.Expression expr, Location loc) [0x00000]
at Mono.CSharp.Invocation.DoResolve (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec) [0x00000]
at Mono.CSharp.Expression.Resolve (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec, ResolveFlags flags) [0x00000]
at Mono.CSharp.Expression.Resolve (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec) [0x00000]
at Mono.CSharp.Return.Resolve (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec) [0x00000]
at Mono.CSharp.Block.Resolve (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec) [0x00000]
at Mono.CSharp.EmitContext.ResolveTopBlock (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext anonymous_method_host, Mono.CSharp.ToplevelBlock block, Mono.CSharp.Parameters ip, IMethodData md, System.Boolean& unreachable) [0x00000]
at Mono.CSharp.EmitContext.EmitTopBlock (IMethodData md, Mono.CSharp.ToplevelBlock block) [0x00000]
at Mono.CSharp.MethodData.Emit (Mono.CSharp.DeclSpace parent) [0x00000]
at Mono.CSharp.Method.Emit () [0x00000]
at Mono.CSharp.TypeContainer.EmitType () [0x00000]
at Mono.CSharp.RootContext.EmitCode () [0x00000]
at Mono.CSharp.Driver.MainDriver (System.String[] args) [0x00000]
at Mono.CSharp.Driver.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000]

Im using Gentoo with mono 1.2.4

Has anyone else run in to this error?

Antidoto

Sorceror
antidoto@antidoto-desktop:~/Desktop/RunUO$ mono RunUO.exe
Error:
System.EntryPointNotFoundException: SetConsoleCtrlHandler
at (wrapper managed-to-native) Server.Core:SetConsoleCtrlHandler (Server.Core/ConsoleEventHandler,bool)
at Server.Core.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000]
This exception is fatal, press return to exit

** (RunUO.exe:6279): WARNING **: exception inside UnhandledException handler: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.

antidoto@antidoto-desktop:~/Desktop/RunUO$

This is my error...
What's the metter?

Antidoto

Sorceror
Excuse me... what's the version name I have to use?
(Excuse me my orrible Englisch!) :D:D

(edit)
sorry, where I get the SVN version?
thanks

Mark

Knight
Antidoto;715712 said:
Excuse me... what's the version name I have to use?
(Excuse me my orrible Englisch!) :D:D

(edit)
sorry, where I get the SVN version?
thanks

Obtain Subversion (Gentoo: emerge subversion, etc), create folder, cd folder, type
Code:
svn co http://svn.runuo.com/repos/runuo/devel/

Antidoto

Sorceror
antidoto@antidoto-desktop:~/devel$ gmcs -d:MONO -unsafe+ -optimize- -t:exe -out:RunUO.exe -recurse:Server/*.csServer/Main.cs(451,16): warning CS0219: The variable `ms' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Map.cs(1797,12): warning CS0219: The variable `start' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Mobile.cs(8728,11): warning CS0219: The variable `oldRegion' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/MultiData.cs(108,12): warning CS0219: The variable `extra' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Serialization.cs(684,10): error CS0117: `T' does not contain a definition for `Deleted'
Server/Serialization.cs(732,10): error CS0117: `T' does not contain a definition for `Deleted'
Server/Serialization.cs(780,10): error CS0117: `T' does not contain a definition for `Disbanded'
Compilation failed: 3 error(s), 4 warnings
antidoto@antidoto-desktop:~/devel$

and now?
What's the metter?

sorry for my bad...

BOESewicht

Wanderer
I'm using a Debian System with Mono 1.2.5.1 and got the latest SVN
I compiled it sucsessfully and when i run it, I get following error message.

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2889.34513
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Optimizing for 2 processors
Core: Unix environment detected
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...Error:
System.Exception: Compiler failed to produce the assembly. Stderr='', Stdout=''
at Mono.CSharp.CSharpCodeCompiler.CompileFromFileBatch (System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerParameters options, System.String[] fileNames) [0x00000]
at Mono.CSharp.CSharpCodeCompiler.CompileAssemblyFromFileBatch (System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerParameters options, System.String[] fileNames) [0x00000]
at System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeDomProvider.CompileAssemblyFromFile (System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerParameters options, System.String[] fileNames) [0x00000]
at Server.ScriptCompiler.CompileCSScripts (Boolean debug, Boolean cache, System.Reflection.Assembly& assembly) [0x00000]
at Server.ScriptCompiler.Compile (Boolean debug, Boolean cache) [0x00000]
at Server.Core.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000]
This exception is fatal, press return to exit

Knows anybody what to do?