RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Configure RunUO for Linux

Scriptiz

Sorceror
I have not applied the linux patch described by the original poster of this thread. And I don't see the patch as a step in Scriptiz most recent instructions (directly below), and the server is running. Is this patch no longer necessary?
I think that it is no more necessary.

Can I import custom scripts from my old Windows RunUO? I have modified PlayerMobile and perhaps a few other simi-critical scripts. I'm hoping I can just drag and drop them. I'm wondering what is the policy, or good practice for transferring from a windows to a linux runuo server?
Sure you can except if you are using features of .NET which aren't not yet implemented in Mono. But if you're juste using the RunUO features you won't have any problem.

I'm a big fan of xmlspawner. (coolest thing to come to runuo imo) Any advice on transferring my xmlspawns from windows? Do I need to re-install xmlspawner or can I just transplant the scripts?
Try to juste transplant the scripts, if it doesn't work, install them as described.

Good luck

Erucid

Sorceror
I connected with a client so the server is up. I've got other issues though. it looks like my map is off. But that is an issue for another post. Thanks for all the help.

robynuo

Sorceror
I decided to set up a runuo shard again on a dedicated Linux server.
I took a server with remote connection installed, though it had Ubuntu 8.04 LTS. Could remote connect with the NX software, but it had the old mono with it. To keep it short I tried to install the newer Mono onto it and somehow shot mono to hell.

So I decided to reboot the server and install the newest Ubuntu they had, 10.04 LTS Beta.
Could only connect to it via Putty (Terminal interface).
After a bit googling I found out how to install the NX client on the server.
Link here https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FreeNX Also had to use the troubleshhoting as he NX client closed after a few seconds.

I was a bit puzzled then as I saw no graphical interface until i reminded myself that none was installed - Doh!

sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop

Installed the graphic Interface and remote connection with the NX client worked.
Mono was not fully installed but the client told me the command.

sudo apt-get install mono-2.0-devel - Might have been this one

I found an SA enhanced Server version on OrBSydia DevNet and it compiled with the usual small errors.

Installed wine, downloaded UO and installed it. After some fights with DataPath.cs to tell it where to find UO I loaded the server and it seems to run weel enough.

So even with very limited knowledge of Linux it is possible to get a shard up!
:)

Annwn

Wanderer
Thanks & I have a couple of questions

Firstly thanks to all who gave such excellent advice/information. I have UO working on a standalone server but, and I apologize 'cause I'm such a Linux noob, where are the scripts stored? I realize its in the RunUO folder, or at least I assume so, but where is that? I followed the directions kindly provided by Scriptiz.

Second question...Is there any way of making the gameplay window larger than the 800x600 window? With the newer monitors available now I was wondering if it's possible to at least make it 1024x768 if not 1920x1080?

robynuo

Sorceror
Any folder in your Runuo/Scripts folder should be fine.

As for the resolution problem, there is sadly no better resolution.
The new UO client (Stygian Abyss)can have better resolution, but most people dislike the graphics and you probbl would have to change packets in the core too.

Annwn

Wanderer
Ok I've done something crazy. I've tried to put a compilation of scripts, including neruns and animal taming etc that was collected by Seanandre into a single package (for windows) and place them into an repository. I run it and get this....

Code:
Errors:
 + Mobiles/AI/AI/AnimalAI.cs:
    CS0101: Line 17: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `AnimalAI'
 + Mobiles/AI/AI/ArcherAI.cs:
    CS0101: Line 10: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `ArcherAI'
 + Mobiles/AI/AI/BaseAI.cs:
    CS0101: Line 19: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `AIType'
    CS0101: Line 33: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `ActionType'
    CS0101: Line 43: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `BaseAI'
 + Mobiles/AI/AI/BerserkAI.cs:
    CS0101: Line 8: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `BerserkAI'
 + Mobiles/AI/AI/HealerAI.cs:
    CS0101: Line 12: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `HealerAI'
 + Mobiles/AI/AI/MageAI.cs:
    CS0101: Line 22: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `MageAI'
 + Mobiles/AI/AI/MeleeAI.cs:
    CS0101: Line 13: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `MeleeAI'
 + Mobiles/AI/AI/PredatorAI.cs:
    CS0101: Line 15: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `PredatorAI'
 + Mobiles/AI/AI/ThiefAI.cs:
    CS0101: Line 14: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `ThiefAI'
 + Mobiles/AI/AI/VendorAI.cs:
    CS0101: Line 13: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `VendorAI'
 + Mobiles/AI/Creature/BaseCreature.cs:
    CS0101: Line 27: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `FightMode'
    CS0101: Line 37: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `OrderType'
    CS0101: Line 58: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `FoodType'
    CS0101: Line 70: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `PackInstinct'
    CS0101: Line 83: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `ScaleType'
    CS0101: Line 94: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `MeatType'
    CS0101: Line 101: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `HideType'
    CS0101: Line 111: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `DamageStore'
    CS0101: Line 132: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `FriendlyNameAttribute'
    CS0101: Line 169: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `BaseCreature'
    CS0101: Line 5175: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `LoyaltyTimer'
 + Mobiles/AI/Creature/Dummy.cs:
    CS0101: Line 19: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `Dummy'
 + Mobiles/AI/Creature/DummySpecific.cs:
    CS0101: Line 20: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `DummyMace'
    CS0101: Line 96: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `DummyFence'
    CS0101: Line 172: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `DummySword'
    CS0101: Line 249: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `DummyNox'
    CS0101: Line 320: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `DummyStun'
    CS0101: Line 414: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `DummySuper'
    CS0101: Line 512: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `DummyHealer'
    CS0101: Line 603: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `DummyAssassin'
    CS0101: Line 722: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `DummyTheif'
 + Mobiles/AI/Creature/OppositionGroup.cs:
    CS0101: Line 7: The namespace `Server' already contains a definition for `OppositionGroup'
 + Mobiles/AI/Creature/Paragon.cs:
    CS0101: Line 7: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `Paragon'
 + Mobiles/AI/Creature/SpeedInfo.cs:
    CS0101: Line 9: The namespace `Server' already contains a definition for `SpeedInfo'
 + Mobiles/AI/Targets/AIControlMobileTarget.cs:
    CS0101: Line 9: The namespace `Server.Targets' already contains a definition for `AIControlMobileTarget'
 + Mobiles/Monsters/Misc/Melee/PlagueBeastLord.cs:
    CS0101: Line 8: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `PlagueBeastLord'

I don't want to start deleting files cause that gets messy real fast. Any ideas?

Annwn;849868 said:
Ok I've done something crazy. I've tried to put a compilation of scripts, including neruns and animal taming etc that was collected by Seanandre into a single package (for windows) and place them into an repository. I run it and get this....

Code:
Errors:
 + Mobiles/AI/AI/AnimalAI.cs:
    CS0101: Line 17: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `AnimalAI'
 + Mobiles/AI/AI/ArcherAI.cs:
    CS0101: Line 10: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `ArcherAI'
 + Mobiles/AI/AI/BaseAI.cs:
    CS0101: Line 19: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `AIType'
    CS0101: Line 33: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `ActionType'
    CS0101: Line 43: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `BaseAI'
 + Mobiles/AI/AI/BerserkAI.cs:
    CS0101: Line 8: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `BerserkAI'
 + Mobiles/AI/AI/HealerAI.cs:
    CS0101: Line 12: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `HealerAI'
 + Mobiles/AI/AI/MageAI.cs:
    CS0101: Line 22: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `MageAI'
 + Mobiles/AI/AI/MeleeAI.cs:
    CS0101: Line 13: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `MeleeAI'
 + Mobiles/AI/AI/PredatorAI.cs:
    CS0101: Line 15: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `PredatorAI'
 + Mobiles/AI/AI/ThiefAI.cs:
    CS0101: Line 14: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `ThiefAI'
 + Mobiles/AI/AI/VendorAI.cs:
    CS0101: Line 13: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `VendorAI'
 + Mobiles/AI/Creature/BaseCreature.cs:
    CS0101: Line 27: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `FightMode'
    CS0101: Line 37: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `OrderType'
    CS0101: Line 58: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `FoodType'
    CS0101: Line 70: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `PackInstinct'
    CS0101: Line 83: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `ScaleType'
    CS0101: Line 94: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `MeatType'
    CS0101: Line 101: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `HideType'
    CS0101: Line 111: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `DamageStore'
    CS0101: Line 132: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `FriendlyNameAttribute'
    CS0101: Line 169: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `BaseCreature'
    CS0101: Line 5175: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `LoyaltyTimer'
 + Mobiles/AI/Creature/Dummy.cs:
    CS0101: Line 19: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `Dummy'
 + Mobiles/AI/Creature/DummySpecific.cs:
    CS0101: Line 20: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `DummyMace'
    CS0101: Line 96: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `DummyFence'
    CS0101: Line 172: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `DummySword'
    CS0101: Line 249: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `DummyNox'
    CS0101: Line 320: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `DummyStun'
    CS0101: Line 414: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `DummySuper'
    CS0101: Line 512: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `DummyHealer'
    CS0101: Line 603: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `DummyAssassin'
    CS0101: Line 722: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `DummyTheif'
 + Mobiles/AI/Creature/OppositionGroup.cs:
    CS0101: Line 7: The namespace `Server' already contains a definition for `OppositionGroup'
 + Mobiles/AI/Creature/Paragon.cs:
    CS0101: Line 7: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `Paragon'
 + Mobiles/AI/Creature/SpeedInfo.cs:
    CS0101: Line 9: The namespace `Server' already contains a definition for `SpeedInfo'
 + Mobiles/AI/Targets/AIControlMobileTarget.cs:
    CS0101: Line 9: The namespace `Server.Targets' already contains a definition for `AIControlMobileTarget'
 + Mobiles/Monsters/Misc/Melee/PlagueBeastLord.cs:
    CS0101: Line 8: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `PlagueBeastLord'

I don't want to start deleting files cause that gets messy real fast. Any ideas?

From the error it looks like you have code in scripts overlapping. Check the thread or instructions of the Neruns distro thing and see if it said to remove or move any existing RunUO code.

Neotr

Sorceror
Hi, I have a problem with the functioning of runuo server. The server starts up and i can connect, but part of the command does not work (if not most). For example: [admin, [add, [it [television, etc. There are no errors or messages. Debugging mono or runuo do not see it any irregularities. Use of any command did not cause any errors or warnings. I use:
Code:
Mono JIT compiler version 2.6.7 (Debian 2.6.7-5.1)
Copyright (C) 2002-2010 Novell, Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
        TLS:          __thread
        GC:            Included Boehm (with typed GC and Parallel Mark)
        SIGSEGV:      altstack
        Notifications: epoll
        Architecture:  amd64
        Disabled:      none
How ever tested on i686 architecture did not have such problems. Is there a solution?
Thanks in advance.

Scriptiz

Sorceror
It seems that it is crashing everytime you are trying to show a gump.

To solve this try to hit this command in a terminal :
Code:
ln -s /usr/lib/libz.so.1 /usr/lib/libz.so

Maybe you'll require root privilege (not sure ^^).

If it didn't work, try this command :
Code:
locate libz

It should return you multiples path (one should be /usr/lib/libz.so.1), if not then you'll have to install libz package using your favorite package manager.