RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Connect to RunUO using Linux

RavonTUS

Sorceror
How to Connect to RunUO using Linux

Greetings,

This is a little late, however, it may help answer a few questions for people that use Linux and Wine and want to connect to a RunUO shard.

Prerequisite:
Linux - installed
Wine - installed
UO - installed

The first issue is connecting to the shard. Since ConnectUO and Razor do not run well under Linux we cannot use them. You need to manually change the login.cfg file.

Find the UO folder (hidden and probably under /.wine) and backup the login.cfg file. Remove the last line, then change the other line to match the shard you are connecting to.

Now, run the client.exe (not uo.exe otherwise it will try and patch). If you want, copy and modify the shortcut on the desktop. Include all the Wine information too.

Give it a try now. If it does not work, then try another shard.

The second issue is encryption. If it still does not work, then you will have to create a new client.exe that is not encrypted. For that try UORICE, it will work under Linux.

-Ravon

What do I need to do if i want to patch to the latest OSI patch when running UO in Linux?

The patcher is giving me the error: "Could not read version config file: vercfg.cfg"
probably due to the fact that it is looking for a windows path C:/programfiles.... etc

Jager

ClanCC

Wanderer
Hienrich Jager;735964 said:
What do I need to do if i want to patch to the latest OSI patch when running UO in Linux?

The patcher is giving me the error: "Could not read version config file: vercfg.cfg"
probably due to the fact that it is looking for a windows path C:/programfiles.... etc

Jager

Make an link to the uopatch.exe on desktop.

I.E of link:
Command:
Code:
wine '/home/clancc/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Ultima Online/uopatch.exe'

Work Path
:
Code:
/home/clancc/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Ultima Online/

ClanCC

Wanderer
Tenchi_Sonic;737026 said:
I am Lost, I am not sure how to get it to work x-x;;; Eveytime I login, It stays at Connect, and then Crashes. x.x
The UO Client or RunUO? also, post the error.

Hello.
I bring bad news - the uo_rice dont work any more.
The latest client cannot be decrypted - the changes are to big.
Ive found Lord Binary - the creator of the uo_rice. Ive writted to him - if he will still support his creation, and if not if he post somwhere the sources for someone else to continue. After this message and over a week he gone silent - he diddint repply to this message - but im sure that he readed.
For last 17 months i was playing using linux+wine+uo_rice ... now... im still using the old client.exe - for now it works, but...
Help :/

Brutus5000

Sorceror
Anthar Thernis;748866 said:
Hello.
I bring bad news - the uo_rice dont work any more.
The latest client cannot be decrypted - the changes are to big.
Ive found Lord Binary - the creator of the uo_rice. Ive writted to him - if he will still support his creation, and if not if he post somwhere the sources for someone else to continue. After this message and over a week he gone silent - he diddint repply to this message - but im sure that he readed.
For last 17 months i was playing using linux+wine+uo_rice ... now... im still using the old client.exe - for now it works, but...
Help :/

What's the latest client supported by UO Rice?

6.0.6.0 - for sure, 6.0.6.1 - i dont know, 6.0.6.2 - :/

There is hope :D

Originally Posted by Anthar Thernis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Binary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthar Thernis
Hello.
Are you the creator of the uo_rice?
Thanks
yes
Hello - is there any chance for the update of uo_rice?
Thanks
sorry ... to be honest it's not really big ...
basicly I don't update any of my uo tools anymore.

but: of course you can have the source code.
and: for rice I'll see if a can fix it "a last" time quickly.
if it's just a matter of a few hours I'll do this "last update".
if it cant be done with a quick update not.

unfortunatly I'm curerntly out of town, dont have access to my own source code/machine :)
... for approx. 2 weeks.

So I can't do anything before approx. end of april,
plz re-contact me here if you dont hear anything from me till then.

wish I had better news,
best regards anyway, lb

I have the source - im attaching it also in this post :D

Attachments

• uo_rice.rar
    1.5 MB · Views: 31