RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How To for GetProperties and Clilocs

Kamron

Knight
How To for GetProperties and Clilocs

There is a system when it comes to writing ObjectPropertyList's.

First you see list.Add and such, and decide to add more for whatever reason.
Since most objects use the custom string for their name, you are limited to only using clilocs.

A cliloc is a client localized message which is held in cliloc.enu on the client side.
Modifying this file will require you to distribute it to your players. It was made by OSI in an attempt
to reduce bandwith by only sending a 5 digit number instead of a 10K string (for example).

The restrictions for clilocs are as follows -
* You cannot use the same cliloc number twice in a list (be careful about that)
* You can ONLY use one string in between two clilocs (and often you will only be able to use 1 string period)

Also remember that clilocs compound as you go from base method to child method. This means that you must include everything, even the item's name when you plan out clilocs.

If you want to add custom lines to an item, you should try to find a cliloc number not already used and try to use that.
If you cannot, then I suggest adding the cliloc to your cliloc.enu BEFORE 1,000,000 (becuase there are issues with the numbers above 1 million and getproperties)
The cliloc message in order to allow a custom string is ~1_val~. Personally I added 5 of these just in case I needed them for custom lines.

To add clilocs, go and download any of the various cliloc editors or patchers. You WILL have to distribute the clilocs to your players if you add/edit the file.

On another note, do not make custom GetProperties with objects which are effected by ALLNAMES (like mobiles). If you do, then make sure you customize OnAOSSingleClick, and you do not call its base method EVER. That way AOSSingleClick is not linked to GetProperties, and you get your weird HTML tags being displayed with AllNames.

Stuby

Sorceror
May want to move this to the FAQ. It took a Google search to find it. The forum's search didn't but 12 results for GetProperties.