RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to make a Map from Beginning to End

Dian

Sorceror
It only knows by reading the data from the script it was created from. So the [generateTeleporters command for example, the locations it places the teleporters are hard coded in the script.. if I remember, its in scripts/misc/TelGen.cs
Same kinda thing with the vendors, if you track down the script, which is in scripts/misc as well, you should be able to figure out where the vendors are coded to be placed, and alter them. I never used that vendor generator, so your on your own there, unless someone else can help out.

Arrrr

Wanderer
Then i suppose is better to ignore it. I've been looking for those required files, but i'm a bit confused. The map files that i got only included map0.mul, statics0.mul and staidx0.mul and i'm not sure if i should include Mapdif*0.mul from the client. On the other hand, i can't locate VerData.mul, also required.

Also, which map is exactly map0? Can i just rename every file concerning this map to "map5.mul", "statics0.mul" and so on and include them in both client and server?

Dian

Sorceror
Verdata,mul you may disregard, it is no longer used by the UO client.

Map0 - Feluca
map1 - Tramell
map2 - ilesh
map3 - Malas
map4 - Tokuno

Use the mapdif* and staidif* files from the UO folder as the script lists, it would not be a part of a custom map. They will be ignored, but still place them in your new folder for RunUO to read.
In MapDefinition.cs you will want to turn TileMatrix = false;

*Its a bit early, and am going from memory on the mapDefinition.cs being where to find the TileMatrix = false so if I am wrong, reply or search for TileMatrix.. and you will be able to locate where.

Arrrr

Wanderer
You are right, is Felluca.

I made some changes. Travelling to the custom map (is there a command to travel between maps?) i still see the previous map (Sosaria) but i cannot move freely, so i suppose the server now knows what to use, but not the client. I have noticed client (7.0.34.23) uses mapLegacy.uop files, which i have seen mentioned on the forum, but i have no idea what are them. I pasted the new map on the client folder, btw.

Dian

Sorceror
Oh okay, you will not be able to use your new map with that client, you are correct. Even putting your new map0.mul in there, it will only ever read that map0Legacy.uop map.
You will be forced to remove that client and find a lower client version to install.. I use the client 7.0.20.0 that can be found here on the forum )or a link to download) or if you really want to further your headache, get uofiddler and convert your new map to a map0Legacy.uop
However, converting the new map to a *.uop map.. is somewhat new waters and at least I can not guarantee that it will work out with no issues.