RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to make houses decay for players?

adamg6284

Squire
currently my shards set up is that all houses are automatically refreshed. How do i make it decay for players and players only?

Legate

Wanderer
In your basehouse.cs, around line 27, it should read
Code:
public const bool DecayEnabled = true;

yours sounds like it is most likely set to false.

i use runuo 2.0 so this may or may not apply

basehouse.cs

public const bool DecayEnabled = true;

make sure that says true

if ( !Core.AOS )
return DecayType.ManualRefresh;

change to below

if ( Core.AOS )

if ( this == newest )
return DecayType.AutoRefresh;

change to below

if ( this == newest )

................................................................................

adjust total time from placement to collapse here

if ( (acct.LastLogin + TimeSpan.FromDays( 90.0 )) < DateTime.Now )
return DecayType.Condemned;

....................................................................................

to remove the reference of grandfathered from the sign gump go to housegumpaos.cs edit or comment out the section like below...

switch ( house.DecayType )
{
case DecayType.Ageless:
case DecayType.AutoRefresh:
{
AddHtmlLocalized( 20, 250, 380, 20, 1062209, SelectedColor, false, false ); // This house is <a href = "?ForceTopic97">Automatically</a> refreshed.
break;
}
//case DecayType.ManualRefresh:
//{
// AddHtmlLocalized( 20, 250, 380, 20, 1062208, SelectedColor, false, false ); // This house is <a href = "?ForceTopic97">Grandfathered</a>.
// break;
//}
case DecayType.Condemned:
{
AddHtmlLocalized( 20, 250, 380, 20, 1062207, WarningColor, false, false ); // This house is <a href = "?ForceTopic97">Condemned</a>.
break;
}
}

.........................................................................................

gdluck

this part

if ( !Core.AOS )

change to below

if ( Core.AOS )

may not need editing. but i think my shard "started" out AOS or ML I edited it along with the other tweaks. Hope this helps.

I did not find a way to make the door refresh the house when opened like double clicking the sign but it seems to work thus far. players just need to know to double click the sign to refresh.

adamg6284

Squire
yeah i was wondering about that, thank you btw the way. thanks a LOT! hey, one more thing. i can't seem to find where you edit the amount of time it takes to decay. i want to set it to like 3 months. am i looking in the right file???