RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HOW-TO: Use Razor on ANY shard...

Zippy

Razor Creator
HOW-TO: Use Razor on ANY shard...

Even though shards can disallow Razor via UOGateway, you can still use Razor on these shards.

1. Find the Shard's IP Address and port.
2. Start Razor by double clicking Razor.exe
3. On the welcome window, enter the shard's IP and PORT, and launch razor.
4. You may now connect to this shard and use Razor as you normally would.

Please note: Even though Razor is NOT detectable, if your shard admin thinks you are using Razor (or if you brag about it, etc) you may be banned. It's sometimes a bad idea to break the rules.

Appendix:
If you do not see the Razor welcome screen, and Razor instead starts up the client and show itself, On the "General" tab of Razor, make sure "Show Welcome Screen" is checked, and re-start Razor. Also, always make sure you have the latest Razor version.

R

r00ted

Connect to the server as you normally do. While ingame, go to Start > Run type CMD (if on XP) or COMMAND (if on 9x)

In the DOS prompt that pops up, type NETSTAT

now look on the right, you'll want to look for the address with the :2593 that usually will be the server IP and Port :p

What if you need to change IPs? Do you lose the old Razor files?

Izual

Wanderer
Still doesnt work..

I have put the IP and Port and still I get 'Veryifying Account' and it doesnt pull through, :( anyone know what thats about.. thx

oxycocet

Wanderer
I've used Razor on IM2 and it worked perfectly...ish. I'm using UOG to log in and with the 'use 3rd party app' setting. But when I log onto metropolis Razor is simply inactive. It's there, it's 'working' but none of the hotkeys work at all. I asked a GM, told him what Razor is and he told me to come here to find some kind of answer.

deadly34_

Wanderer
where port an IP

Where do you find the PORT and the IP?...

Zippy said:
Even though shards can disallow Razor via UOGateway, you can still use Razor on these shards.

1. Find the Shard's IP Address and port.
2. Start Razor by double clicking Razor.exe
3. On the welcome window, enter the shard's IP and PORT, and launch razor.
4. You may now connect to this shard and use Razor as you normally would.

Please note: Even though Razor is NOT detectable, if your shard admin thinks you are using Razor (or if you brag about it, etc) you may be banned. It's sometimes a bad idea to break the rules.

Appendix:
If you do not see the Razor welcome screen, and Razor instead starts up the client and show itself, On the "General" tab of Razor, make sure "Show Welcome Screen" is checked, and re-start Razor. Also, always make sure you have the latest Razor version.

AFU

Wanderer
IP & Port Questions

Okay, I'm attempting to use Razor with UO Gateway.

I checked the settings so that Razor listed in the options for UO Gateway.

I open Razor, and am not sure what to put in the server /port settings.

I did the CMD thing and got some information, similar to this example, on the last line:

PROTO LOCAL ADDRESS FOREIGN ADDRESS STATE
TCP xxxx:1234 12-345-67-89.client.XXXX.com:2593 ESTABLISHED

What would I type in the server box?

What would I type in the port box?

I have tried typing various parts in the boxes and get messages that I need a valid port.

Then it opens my paid UO game account window instead of the UO Gateway window.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

big_cat

Wanderer
AFU said:
PROTO LOCAL ADDRESS FOREIGN ADDRESS STATE
TCP xxxx:1234 12-345-67-89.client.XXXX.com:2593 ESTABLISHED
What would I type in the server box?
Well for server using your example above you would put 12-345-67-89.client.XXXX.com
What would I type in the port box?
again using your example (and for most RUO shards) 2593

Hope it helps

Chaval

Wanderer
Osi?

Is it possible to play on OSI with Razor?

I was used to play on RunUO, and just created an OSI account... It hangs on "Verifying account"...

psz

Administrator
IIRC, Razor requires Encryption to be removed. That would make it not compaitble with OSI.