RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ideas for Perks.

Enroq

Sorceror
So, I've recently replace the gardner perk with the scout perk, but I'm stumped. Each perk has five levels, but I can only come up with the first and fifth. The first being the scout can spot traps, the fifth being the scout can spot hidden players nearby.

So basically what I was looking for is some input on what type of abilities a scout should have?

Enroq

Sorceror
Well, the idea is to keep the skills and the perks separate. I've added a second level to it, which is to allow the scout to hide (not stealth) in the light. So now I need to fill levels three and four.

Talow

Sorceror
A mark of some kind for the party to follow would be kind of cool IMO, maybe something that only the party can see if you want to bother with the packet sending.

m309

Squire
Talow, thats a pretty cool idea. Like carving a rune/arrow into tree bark, or breaking branches in a pattern - as if to say "this way is safe". Or even conversely to say "don't step here, theres a trap".

Enroq

Sorceror
Great idea sir, thank you. Hopefully it won't require packet handling.

Edit: Honestly, I need two skills that affect combat, because the other three don't, and I'm trying to maintain a 3 to 2 ratio on each peach.

I don't know, I'm having a hard time deciding. Part of me wants to pull out some Team Fortress 2 and give them double jump and speed boost. But another class already has speedboost, and I'm not sure if there should be overlapping abilities... Even though multiple classes have stamina regen.

Talow

Sorceror
oh and I was thinking to avoid combat stuff.

If the gloves are off scouts would likely be good archers (ranger type) So an hit chance increase cap boost for bow/crossbow(archery)

Enroq

Sorceror
Well I have a Marksman perk, so what about something like shooting while hidden? I just don't know how I'd balance it, or how many shots they should have.. Honestly though, I'm still heavily considering your first suggestion for the hidden markers.

Talow

Sorceror
I'm just saying I won't be "wronged" by you not chosing to use one idea of mine or any of them :D

Enroq

Sorceror
My apologies, senor. I'm grumpy when I wake. What I ended doing was giving them the ability to run while stealthed and stamina regen. So in final the scout goes like this:

Level 1 - Can spot traps
Level 2 - Can hide in any light level (as it were, players could not hide near lamps, torches, lanterns, etc)
Level 3 - Increased Stamina Regen
Level 4 - Can run while stealthed
Level 5 - Can spot hidden players within a small radius.

Enroq

Sorceror
Hey, so I need some input again. (That's what she said?) No, what she really said was you should have an engineer perk, to replace your guildsman perk. So what I need is some ideas on what abilities an engineer might have in UO? First thing that comes to mind for me is like, mad-scientist type deal.. so like one will probably be bonus to traps.