RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resource icon

[2.x] Imbuing [RunUO 2.3] v1.0

No permission to download

Druid13 uo

Traveler
opps thought I could get out of coding untill I try to make a feudal system based on fame. Oh well, now as good a time as any. thks for the help.

Dian

Sorceror
Get the program WinDiff. That compares two (or more) files and shows you what is different between them.

m309

Squire
Druid13 uo, you can use WinMerge, KDiff or BeyondCompare to merge very quickly. Each has their own use specific settings. I personally prefer BeyondCompare.

Dian

Sorceror
Druid, to be clear.. are you using a Distro RunUO 2.3 with the ML package that is released here on the forums.. and now trying to add the imbuing package that is released here in the forums as well?

Or are you using some other version of RunUO from some other site all together? That is fairly important to know

Druid13 uo

Traveler
I was using Destro's but went back to runUO to get imbuing running first then I'll try Destro's next. Thanks for all the help guys.

Dian

Sorceror
Id guess that you have a different ImbuingGump script, than what the ItemIdentification script was coded to use.

Dian

Sorceror
btw, its really hard for us here to problem solve for people that use other 'forks' of RunUO. Unless someone here actually uses it as well, or is familiar with it, we are lost.

Its very important to mention what RunUO you are using, what package you are installing, and where you got them. Otherwise, we are only ever going to be able to offer ideas, not solutions. You will always have a harder time getting support here, if you use some other guys version of RunUO, if much of any at all.

Someone that uses say, Orbsydia's server.. very heavily restructured file/folder structure, and just a massive amount of scripts that, for the most part, the community wrote here and released (many described as if Orb wrote them themselves) is not going to get the best support here, because its too difficult to know all the differences between that, and the distro Runuo, and whatever modifications you(or whatever user) may have done as well, that is not mentioned.

You mentioned using Destro's RunUO package? Ive never even heard of that one yet. Is there no forum from that place you got it from, for support or help?

Druid13 uo

Traveler
All the stuff I have been working with is off of this site. Except Destro's Nerun. I would rather not go anywhere else. Seems to me this site has many people that are willing to help. On a side note I was able to get RunUO to accept the Imbuing with the ItemIdent. from Destro's Nerun svn Item.Ident. Then I introduced Destro's patch for RunUO (Data and Scripts). I was able to load and run it with only 34 Premium bad Spawns. Now I need to be able to make the imbuing system work. More research.:eek: But at least everything is running without script errors.:D

Druid13 uo

Traveler
Unless I am going about this all wrong..... Let me do some more checking. I have been looking at the carpentry aspect and not were I saw the Imbuing at in this system.

Druid13 uo

Traveler
It worked! I had to put in a GameTimeItemReward to get a soul forge and then everything worked great. Well as far as the Imbuing gump coming up. Is there any way for a player to build a soulforge? If not, I might be able to code it.

Dian

Sorceror
It would be fairly easy to allow a player crafted soul fourge. Example would be in the BlacksmithDef script, in the craft system folder. Look at how the Forge is entered in the craft menu, and you should be able to figure the rest out

Druid13 uo

Traveler
That's exactly what I was thinking but I went to the carpentry Def . Good looking out on the blacksmithing. Going to try that next. Although I could just sell them at an out-of-the-way vendor. Just in case. Let you know how it goes. Oh, one more question how can I get to Tel Mur?

use the command "[go termur" or "[go ter mur" idk if you gotta space it. And when adding to a crafting menu, it'll look something like this.
Code:
//Example index = AddCraft( typeof( ITEMNAME ), "Group", "NAME", MINSKILL, MAXSKILL, typeof( RESOURCE ), "RESOURCE NAME", AMOUNTNEEDED);
            //Cont.  AddSkill(index, SkillName.SKILLNAME, MIN, MAX);
The first minskill, and maxskill are for blacksmithy, because that's the base of what i am using with this system. The secondary is whatevery you want. For this one, i might suggest making them have a minimum Imbuing level. Just plug that in in your DefBlacksmithy After this line
Code:
Synthax for a COMPLEXE craft item.  A complexe item is an item that need either more than
            only one skill, or more than only one resource.

Dian

Sorceror
Actually, it would be; [go "ter mur" for correct in game command syntax.

But, you would have to edit/add support code to allow the new map in the RunUO CORE files, or using the latest SVN.. But I am uncertain the latest SVN even has Ter Mur map support coded in yet. Id assume it is by now.