RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In-game Customizable Regions in a Box [V3.6]

Phantom

Knight
Xplozive said:
Its about this system when i set this up, and try to disable sword/mace/fenc/
You can still use the 3 skills is there a way that they can use wapons or use the skills at all.
Thanks

Your going to have to find the code thats not working and fix it yourself.

just 2 quick question.

Howdy, two things I was curious about. One what is the area priority control? Im not really sure what this has control over, so I dont ever utilize it, and Id hate to be missing out on a feature because Im ignorant *smiles*

The other is, does anyone else have a problem that when you try and teleport into any custom region it gives the cleint message "This location is blocked"? I have the options "players can enter" turned on, and I cant see any other options in it that would be causing this problem.

But besides this I would just like to say this is definately one of, if not the most useful script I have ever come across. Its sheer performance is outstanding, I have nothing but 100 good things to say about it, and every day I find a new way to take advantage of this amazingly made script.

Again thank you for your time and effort, I know a script like this was not easy to complete.

With much appriciation

Father Time

Tannis

Knight
The areas you're trying to teleport into that give the blocked location message, do you casting disabled there? If so, that could be why. If you're talking about the mage spell teleport as opposed to the command.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
vermillion2083 said:
Howdy, two things I was curious about. One what is the area priority control? Im not really sure what this has control over, so I dont ever utilize it, and Id hate to be missing out on a feature because Im ignorant *smiles*

the priority is for overriding other priorities, such as if you want to set up a region inside a town, you use the area priority to override the town priority

Ahh thanks guys

Thanks alot for the reply guys. The priorities makes alot of sence. Couldnt think of what it was, but once you said it, it makes me feel foolish for not thinking of that myself.

As far as the teleporting, no the command ]tele works fine, I can tele in and out, but as far as the spell teleport, it wont let me teleport into a region area. The skill magery is turned on, and the spell is not restricted. It lets me cast it fine in the area, just when I target an area inside the region, it says "that location is blocked". I downloaded this script many months ago, I am not using the newest of versions, but there is only one update made, that has nothing to do with this issue. other than this small bug everything else works just fine. Its something Im more than willing to live with, was just curious if anyone knew why it was happening.

Anyways thanks again guys

Father Time

KillerBeeZ

Knight
vermillion2083 said:
Thanks alot for the reply guys. The priorities makes alot of sence. Couldnt think of what it was, but once you said it, it makes me feel foolish for not thinking of that myself.

As far as the teleporting, no the command ]tele works fine, I can tele in and out, but as far as the spell teleport, it wont let me teleport into a region area. The skill magery is turned on, and the spell is not restricted. It lets me cast it fine in the area, just when I target an area inside the region, it says "that location is blocked". I downloaded this script many months ago, I am not using the newest of versions, but there is only one update made, that has nothing to do with this issue. other than this small bug everything else works just fine. Its something Im more than willing to live with, was just curious if anyone knew why it was happening.

Anyways thanks again guys

Father Time

some of the older versions were a bit backasswords

such as CantLootOwnCorpse if true then you CAN loot your own corpse.

play around with the settings a bit

Vermillion2083 quote:

does anyone else have a problem that when you try and teleport into any custom region it gives the cleint message "This location is blocked"? I have the options "players can enter" turned on, and I cant see any other options in it that would be causing this problem.

I figured out what was causing this. If you have the option "Allow Spawn" set to false you cannot teleport into that custom region. you can cast the spell in that region, and teleport out of it, but if you target an area in that custom region it will give you the message "That location is blocked". If you set "Allow spawn" to true, the problem goes away. Just figured Id share my finding's.

Thanks everyone for your assistance

Father Time

frank

Wanderer
reds

is there a way to allow reds in just a small area in tram where you can make a larger vendor mall or something

Joeku

Lord
I suppose it's a bit late for a suggestion, but perhaps you could make the CanLootPlayerCorpse property also prevent NPC's from rummaging in corpses? During events that I host, players are having a hard time because some monsters loot their corpses...

***EDIT***
Nevermind, got impatient and did it myself :D

seanandre

Sorceror
GREAT script! I use this to prevent spell casting in a custom town I created specifically for training Evo pets. This comes in very handy when people don't like to follow the rules and cast anything they want. I now have it set so they're forced to follow the rules, where as they can only cast Heal and Greater Heal :) Thanks for the script! Works GREAT!

matchstick

Sorceror
I realize this script is no longer in development, but was wondering like some others, if its possible to create a PvP zone in the malas PvP arena with the script. I have been running into problems when i comes to overriding the trammel ruleset and having players able to attack one another.

Thanks,

Match

Boulder

Sorceror
bounds

i try to make a region i can make a square but dont understand how to set the middle of square it seems it only works buy the lines

AasanDar

Wanderer
Does anybody know how this could be made to have gold removed from the player's pack when they enter the region? To make a toll bridge.

Jeff

Lord
aasandar said:
Does anybody know how this could be made to have gold removed from the player's pack when they enter the region? To make a toll bridge.
ya u need to script that not use this.

AasanDar

Wanderer
I suppose I figured you could just add something to it easily enough.. add a 'toll' option to the gump... the auto-jailer I have has a function to automatically remove gold.. I'll see if I can figure out a way to put that in.. but I doubt it, I don't know c#. I'm trying! hehe

Ajax2000

Wanderer
Does anyone know if its possible to place a region within a region?

For example, if I have an arena and I want to make it so that no one in the stands can cast magic or steal or what have you, but in the arena floor where the fighting takes place, I do want to allow those things, could I make a region around the entire arena disallowing magic and stealing, and then place another region inside that one that would allow it?

Phantom

Knight
Ajax2000 said:
Does anyone know if its possible to place a region within a region?

For example, if I have an arena and I want to make it so that no one in the stands can cast magic or steal or what have you, but in the arena floor where the fighting takes place, I do want to allow those things, could I make a region around the entire arena disallowing magic and stealing, and then place another region inside that one that would allow it?

You shouldn't use this script to do that.

maara

Wanderer
hmmm great...;)
Is there possibility to make the region access depending on karma (i would like to make noo pk area)??? If not how can I do it???