RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In-game Customizable Regions in a Box [V3.6]

Jeff

Lord
maara said:
hmmm great...;)
Is there possibility to make the region access depending on karma (i would like to make noo pk area)??? If not how can I do it???
Script it :), look at a region script like, GuardedRegion and see what you can do on OnEntrer( Mobile m )

LowCastle

Wanderer
Hi Maara. You can find the region scripts in this folder:
C:\RunUO 1.0\Scripts\Regions\

To find stuff easily without having to ask, download Agent Ransack, a very useful search tool:

http://www.mythicsoft.com/agentransack/

It is easier to use than the windows search.

It will search the text in the file too, if you don't know the name of the file. So you could search for "gargoylespickaxe" and it would find all scripts that have a reference to the gargoyle's pickaxe.

I hope this helps!

maara

Wanderer
LowCastle said:
Hi Maara. You can find the region scripts in this folder:
C:\RunUO 1.0\Scripts\Regions\

To find stuff easily without having to ask, download Agent Ransack, a very useful search tool:

http://www.mythicsoft.com/agentransack/

It is easier to use than the windows search.

It will search the text in the file too, if you don't know the name of the file. So you could search for "gargoylespickaxe" and it would find all scripts that have a reference to the gargoyle's pickaxe.

I hope this helps!

Hi,
Thanks a lot - greate tool...;)

But I am serching using region name caled grave1 to try to rescript it and it not appears in any file.... :-/

LowCastle

Wanderer
Hey Maara. I don't have a region by that name either. Sounds like it is a custom region, and if it is it won't appear in any of your script files.

maara

Wanderer
LowCastle said:
Hey Maara. I don't have a region by that name either. Sounds like it is a custom region, and if it is it won't appear in any of your script files.
Hi,
Yes but where are that custom regions stored??? Only in save???? I want to create karma-depending access but I dont know where to start... :)

otimpyre

Sorceror
Regarding music

I don't understand how it reads the music or where its getting the info for the regions music. But there are more regional tracks it doesnt show all of them. Including the new dungeons.
Here is a list of all regional tracks wich are also used in dawns music box. Would it be possible to make regioncontrol read from this folder C:\Program Files\Ultima Online\Music\Digital

Here is a copy/paste of the tracks in the config file found there.

0 turfin,loop
1 turfin,loop
2 turfin,loop
3 turfin,loop
4 turfin,loop
5 turfin,loop
6 turfin,loop
7 turfin,loop
8 stones1
9 britainpos,lop
10 britain1
11 bucsden,loop
12 jhelom
13 lbc
14 linelle
15 newmagincia,loop
16 minocpos,loop
17 valoriapos,loop
18 ambrosia,loop
19 stones
20 scarabreapos,loop
21 trinsicpos,loop
22 vesper1
23 yew1
24 yewpos,loop
25 dungeon
26 dragonshi,loop
27 citynightedit,loop
28 walking,loop
29 citynightedit,loop
30 walking,loop
31 citynightedit,loop
32 boattravel
33 citynightedit,loop
34 tavern1
35 tavern2
36 tavern3
37 pubtune,loop
38 goodevil,loop
39 humanoids,loop
40 gargoyles,loop
41 turfin,loop
42 deathtune
43 victory
44 overlordv2
45 nujelm
46 dragonslo,loop
47 cove,loop
48 moonglowpos,loop
49 zento,loop
50 tokunodungeon,loop
51 taiko,loop
52 dread_horn_area,loop
53 elf_city_1,loop
54 grizzle_dungeon,loop
55 melisandes_lair,loop
56 paroxysmus_lair,loop
57 ConversationWithGwenno.mp3
58 GoodEndGame.mp3
59 GoodVsEvil.mp3
60 GreatEarthSerpentsTheme.mp3
61 HumanoidsU9.mp3
62 MinocNegative.mp3
63 Paws.mp3
64 SelimsBar.mp3
65 UltimaVIISerpentIsleCombat.mp3
66 ValoriaShips.mp3

Kalyn

Wanderer
Once my region are created.. I've notice the Z is affected, why is that ? should it not be from min z to max z ?

Newman2

Wanderer
i keep getting this error message when tring to run it in my scripts folder
cs0246: Line 19: The type or Namespace name "CommandEventsArgs" could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
what does this mean?

This script has been updated and the updated version currently resides in custom script releases. I would advise using it instead of this one.

Z3r0

Sorceror
BUGS/GLITCHES i have found

Im not sure if this is a bug or not, but say your region has stairs... The regions need to be set on each Z level the player goes on, so you have to make a new region for each stair on each Z level, so that the player stays in that region, its hard to explain.

Also, you have to set the region with a 1 tile border around the area, otherwise it will not specify the very outside of the region to actually be apart of that region.

lol sorry if you dont understand what im saying.

Z3r0 said:
BUGS/GLITCHES i have found

Im not sure if this is a bug or not, but say your region has stairs... The regions need to be set on each Z level the player goes on, so you have to make a new region for each stair on each Z level, so that the player stays in that region, its hard to explain.

Also, you have to set the region with a 1 tile border around the area, otherwise it will not specify the very outside of the region to actually be apart of that region.

lol sorry if you dont understand what im saying.
This script has been updated, altho a similar problem (feature) exists with that one as well. It is a 3d rectangle instead of 2d, meaning you need to set one coirtner at the max z of your reagion (I do it at like 150) and the other at the minum (I just set that one to like -150) ... if you dont get what I mean.. read the thread for the UPDATED version by a guy named tobyjug, as this one is no longer supported, and it can explain things alot better than I can.

typuk

Sorceror
I have a lot of players releasing animals in noattack zone and they cannot be killed unless GM kills them.
There was a suggestion with allowing damage, NPC harm but now allowing harming players. It didn't work, since players could cast poison fields outside the zone and target others in the zone.
So I would like to allow players attack uncotrolled animals and leave player unharmed.
I don't quite get it how to do that. Can anyone help?

Code:
		public override bool OnDamage( Mobile m, ref int Damage )
		{
			if ( !m_Controller.CanBeDamaged )
			{
				m.SendMessage( "You cannot be damaged here." );
			}

return m_Controller.CanBeDamaged;
		}

typuk

Sorceror
I'm running 1.0 version, I'm not sure I can update a shard without a wipe. And I don't know if new version will work here.
No, it not easier, animals are released after a period of time.

corbingene01

Wanderer
otimpyre said:
I don't understand how it reads the music or where its getting the info for the regions music. But there are more regional tracks it doesnt show all of them. Including the new dungeons.
Here is a list of all regional tracks wich are also used in dawns music box. Would it be possible to make regioncontrol read from this folder C:\Program Files\Ultima Online\Music\Digital

Here is a copy/paste of the tracks in the config file found there.

0 turfin,loop
1 turfin,loop
2 turfin,loop
3 turfin,loop
4 turfin,loop
5 turfin,loop
6 turfin,loop
7 turfin,loop
8 stones1
9 britainpos,lop
10 britain1
11 bucsden,loop
12 jhelom
13 lbc
14 linelle
15 newmagincia,loop
16 minocpos,loop
17 valoriapos,loop
18 ambrosia,loop
19 stones
20 scarabreapos,loop
21 trinsicpos,loop
22 vesper1
23 yew1
24 yewpos,loop
25 dungeon
26 dragonshi,loop
27 citynightedit,loop
28 walking,loop
29 citynightedit,loop
30 walking,loop
31 citynightedit,loop
32 boattravel
33 citynightedit,loop
34 tavern1
35 tavern2
36 tavern3
37 pubtune,loop
38 goodevil,loop
39 humanoids,loop
40 gargoyles,loop
41 turfin,loop
42 deathtune
43 victory
44 overlordv2
45 nujelm
46 dragonslo,loop
47 cove,loop
48 moonglowpos,loop
49 zento,loop
50 tokunodungeon,loop
51 taiko,loop
52 dread_horn_area,loop
53 elf_city_1,loop
54 grizzle_dungeon,loop
55 melisandes_lair,loop
56 paroxysmus_lair,loop
57 ConversationWithGwenno.mp3
58 GoodEndGame.mp3
59 GoodVsEvil.mp3
60 GreatEarthSerpentsTheme.mp3
61 HumanoidsU9.mp3
62 MinocNegative.mp3
63 Paws.mp3
64 SelimsBar.mp3
65 UltimaVIISerpentIsleCombat.mp3
66 ValoriaShips.mp3

I too would like to know how to get these great music files in this system.
some of the music files that are currently in do not loop and end withing 30 seconds and then you have no music.

i just would really like to know what calls them.