RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Instant Hit

S

Shaitan

I did everything u said DustBuster and I can't get it to work. Any Ideas?

UD

Wanderer
im kinda guessing here, but i suspect you have to create a new char since these changes are in charactercreation.cs. any old characters would have the old mobile. (guessing)

**reading through old posts**

Clarke76

Wanderer
Your right UD...its a new mobile and old characters wont have the new settings, and there is no way for those characters to ever have those settings, so you will need to create new characters for it to work.

basically insta hit was this.

If you were beside someone and double clicked them, BAM insta hit.

and then it would periodicly hit them (like it should)

Now if you rpecasted a spell and targeted someone (while standing beside them)

the spell hits them, you ista swing (you may miss) and then it LOOKs like its combined but you did two seperate attacks. But theyare timed exactly oneafter another which in turn is leathal. Since you cast explosion and chase them down

exhale101

Wanderer
You dont have to be besides your target... All you need to insta hit is to have a spell casted (circle 6 and + spells do insta hit, but lower then that it has a little delay) before you can do insta hit.

If you could do insta hit without having a spell previously casted it would suck because dexies would be able to insta hit and they arent suppose to... And about the delay, its like:

Circle 1 spell: 50% of weapons normal speed (that means 2.4 secs for hally)
Circle 2 spell: 40%
Circle 3 spell: 30%
Circle 4 spell: 20%
Circle 5 spell: 10%
Circle 6 spell: 0%

That delay is to prevent doing something like: Magic Arrow, insta hally hit, Magic arrow, insta hally hit.. wich would be deadly

I scripted insta hit and its working great, if you want it just send me an email to [email protected]

al-

Wanderer
hi. Dustbuster i got your insta hit script working but sometimes it turns off for some ppl and i need to reboot the server to get it working and sometimes people start doing like 20 hally hits a second and i have to reboot the server. any suggestions?

logic bomb

Wanderer
Iv played since alpha, insta hit and preUO:R (era of tanks) was my life.

Insta hit definition in all its entirety and variations.

ill start with what everyone was saying.
The combo they are refering to is this.

You cast Explosion, target a player/monster, cast ebolt but do not click for target, you then hit your arm/disarm macro and arm a weapon, in this case we'll say a halberd, and then you run by them and it will hit the person as soon as you are within range, then you can click your target for the bolt to go off.

Exception, if you armed a bow/xbow it would shoot them the instant you armed, thus this is all defined as insta-hit

Beta35
---------

Insta hit that would be appropiate to true pre uo:r is that, when you equip first time or on fresh timer and you run by them or get within range, it auto hits, then AFTER that it will hit on set intervals, regardless of dex or stam it will follow same rules as normal. even if you deequip and reequip it wont do it again.

Now, lets say you have 25 dex and with a halberd you normally swing ever 4 seconds (for explanation purpose only, i am unsure of exact time)

with 25 dex you swing once ever 4 seconds.

with insta hit, you attack someone with spell or war cursor (and magic arrow follows same rules, circle 1-8, atleast it was this way on osi and was always this way on osi - ANY aggresive act, anything to put you into combat mode) and you approach them you will hit automatically, then follow that 4 second interval, if you disarm and arm its still on 4 second interval
now say that you back off of them, regardless of whether or not you tab, if you back off for more then that 4 seconds, and you hit again, the second you are within range it will hit again.

Right now, the default beta35 scripts have no insta hit, meaning you have a halberd on, you attack someone, and move to within range, it doesnt hit, it waits that 4 seconds before it hits, which is inaccurate anyway i think (?)

I have no clue how to ask this, i found this doing a search and have posted my own thread with other questions because I have played a pre uo r shard that roxed then moved away from it, ergo i want to bring true uo:r back (pre uo:r sorry)

icq 62267056 if ya know how to add TRUE insta-hit.

Lucifer_EC

Wanderer
Has anyone ever found a fix for the problem as mentioned above, where it sometimes bugs characters and they hit like 20 times a second. I'm having the same problem on B35.

Spooky

Wanderer
You can make existing characters the new mobile type, look at the older betas when there wasnt a playermobile type and a script was included to conver the older types to playermobiles.

mungrin

Sorceror
Acctually i use to have it.It was part of a package that UO rebirth had at thier website when the site first started.I cant remeber what it was called.Dread patch or pre patch something.I wish i still had it,it worked awesome and now im trying to find it again.

spluffy

Wanderer
This method doesn't work anyways, if you un-equip and re-equip it will swing in a second, regardless of weapon speed.