RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

~Interesting places you visited~

~Interesting places you visited~

I read a lot of post where people traveled all over....Some of us don't get to travel far.:( ....Discuss where the most interesting place you visited and why....;)

bzk90

Lord
Natural bridges in sonora california

Its a giant river with natural stone caves over it. Nothing is more cool than swimming in a cave surrounded by rock and waterfalls

Rhexis

Knight
Im lazy & have this onhand:

Blue= lived there
Green= visited..which excludes plane trips

Second summer of high school went on a road trip with a friend and her parents. Visited Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming & South Dakota. Most memorable spots were Carlsbad Caverns & Mt. Rushmore.

Been to England, France & Belguim. Twas staying with teh boyfriend.

Still need to eventually visit the East Coast. Dad might be moving to Florida in a year or so...so who knows what the distant future holds.

Cerberus

Wanderer
Probably not as interesting as some but i drive quite regularly to Glen Coe in Scotland, It has to be the most beautiful scenery iv ever seen. 40 miles up the road from there is Loch Ness but unfortunately i seem to go there on the days Nessie has a day off.

siran

Sorceror
A couple of months ago I was on a Caribbean cruise. I'm not all that big on cruises, but visiting the ports of call was fun: Bahamas, Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Cozumel Mexico. At Cozumel, we went inland and visited the Mayan ruins at Tulum. That was very interesting.

David

Moderate
Most interesting place... I have to go with Boston. Been there about four times and love it. I've walked the red line three times--it takes you past most historic points. Very cool.

Although a close second is nearby; Gloster. That is where they filmed "The Perfect Storm." If you saw the movie, they captured Gloster perfectly. It is a beautiful quaint New England fishing village. I ate the biggest and best lobster of my life there. While I was in town I wanted to find the bar that was in the movie, maybe have a beer there. It is not on the wharf like it was made to appear, but up the road. It was also much much smaller than the cameras made it look. I am talking tiny. When I got there I was a bit disappointed--no movie stars just a bunch of fishermen. Go figure. So I used the restroom and left.

Thats my claim to fame--I pee'd in the bar in The Perfect Storm.

bzk90

Lord
@rhexy

I have been to florida and I lived in NY for 2 years...the east coast is highly over-rated. Everyone is always so gloomy and the ocean doesn't even compare to the west coast.

Oh sounds like some exciting places to visit....;) I like hearing about different places...I've only been to California and Texas and Illinois....And nothing really exciting there...In IL, I went to Rockhome Gardens that was kinda cool...Places made out of bottles and this HUGE rocking chair...Heres a link to it...Check out these bottled houses...They are really cool looking...http://www.mnmuseumofthems.org/Grotto/Rockome6.html
http://www.mnmuseumofthems.org/Grotto/Rockome1.html

@David I'll have to get that movie, I've never seen it...:(

bzk90

Lord
nothing exciting in CA?

You just went to the wrong places. When you go to CA you HAVE to go to the fisherman's warf. It's the best seafood you will ever taste and it's fresh. Clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl with a side of fresh crab is to die for.

Oh I should of clarified the CA one..Lol I was born there and lived there for 8 years..So I was just a kid way back when..LOL I'm sure there are alot of exciting things to do there, but as a kid I don't remember any...:rolleyes:

Sunshine

Wanderer
David said:
Sunshine has played paintball in 18 states! :)

Ohh cool....but paint ball can hurt too right?

Oh here are some pics I took on the 20 of Aug so you can see what it looks like here in Finland in the summer..Oulu Finland

these were all taken at one of the many parks

We stopped to feed some ducks...this is just some of them, right after this pic about 50 more arrived for dinner

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y140/grandmasharyn/seatinpark.gif

Stilgar

Sorceror
Im living in Istanbul. I think here is most interesting place i've ever seen :D I love this city.

I lived 1 year in Nevşehir(cappadocia)/Turkey cause of mom's job. There is an interesting place where holds cappadocian cones.

Sunshine

Wanderer
David said:
Nice! Got a spare room, or can I just sleep right there in the park?

Well soon we will be buried under SNOW...did I say snow I meant SNOW

funnything ..the winters(anytime other than summers) are sooo cold it is illegal to be homeless...so the government has saftey nets because people can not be Homeless here...AMAZING ..Just AMAZING

Example...these are last year outside our front door

Very pretty but I am use to west Kentucky weather were 2 inches is a blizzard

Kirin-Man

Sorceror
It's so beautiful. It reminds me of the days I lived in Timmins, and Sudbury.
(And .. ehm ... that one month in Fauqeir .... Cold .... )

PappaSmurf

Knight

Blue are states I've lived in and Green is states I've visited for one reason or another. I also didn't color the US Virgin Islands

As far as international travel I've been to the following countries

Italy
Greece
Turkey
France
Egypt
U.A.E
The British Virgin Islands

By Far Greece is where I enjoyed most I didn't visit the mainland I visited the Isle of Crete it was beautiful and I enjoyed looking at more than a few of the historical sites on and around the island.

hmm Between me Rheixs and Sunshine we have all but like 10 states covered...Alaska, Hawaii, Michigan, Minnesota ,Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Nebraska, North Dakota, and Wisconsin

Sunshine said:
Hope to be adding Italy, France, or maybe Greece next year

Italy wasn't all that unless you plan to visit Rome or Vatican City I'd say Bump Greece up on the List.