RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iptables to DNAT to a runuobox

Erucid

Sorceror
I don't know where to put this so I'll just post it here. I spent some time trying to get my linux firewall DNT to my runuo box. And I finally got it to work with these iptables rules.

NOTE: This linux firewall is a seperate box from my runuo box. This is not the firewall configuration for the runuo box its self.

_RUNUO=YourInternalIPofTheRunuoBox
_GATEWAY=$(ifconfig eth0 | grep -v inet6 | grep inet | cut -d : -f 2 | sed 's/Bcast//')
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 2593 -j DNAT --to $_RUNUO:2593
#iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s $_RUNUO -p tcp --sport 2593 -j SNAT --to-source $_GATEWAY
iptables -A INPUT -d $_RUNUO -p tcp --dport 2593 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -s $_RUNUO -p tcp --dport 2593 -j ACCEPT

NOTE: commented out line above may or may not be needed. I think it may actually have cause a problem with internal clients disconnecting. 10/26/11

WARNING: Beware of word wrapping. There should be 6 lines. We assume eth0 is the inernet interface. If not, modify line 2.

You can read more about my linux firewall project here.
http://blog.computerant.com/2011/03/02/rampart-router-firewall-proxy-wap/