RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is god real

Is god real

You know I've often thought if God was real. Some ppl say that he created the earth and all its surroundings. Then others say that everything was created by a big explosion. They say that dinasours was came before man, but in the bible it clearly says that adam and eve were the first beings on earth. I also thought that some hobo back in the day had to find a way to feed his family so he wrote the bible and said god spoke to him and then it gradually got greater and ppl started to belive it.

If god was real wouldent he give ppl a sign besids the people that die and say that they "seen the light" wouldent he when you need help the most help you or am i retarted. :confused:

I mean the people that belive in buda think he created everything or what ever and they never heard of God and we think that Buda is just a made up religion. I mean think about it. They think god is just made up. SOOOOO

And if nobody has ever given proof that spirits are real i mean if you die nobody knows whats gona happen b/c no one has ever lived to tell about it lol

So do you just go to sleep forever without dreams or do you go to the place youve alsways wanted to go to or if youve been bad to you go to a flaming pit of fire for all of eternity. I dont think its possible.

Ahh and if god made the earth who made god. Its like saying what came first the chicken or the egg.

I think maby in the future they finally make a time machine and they try it and they go abck before time to see how it started and something went wrong and two ppl that went there got trapped and the time machind created a black hole that sent everything back with the ppl and their names just happened to be adam and eve lol

Just think about it

Malaperth

Wanderer
I find it difficult to discuss God in any way with someone that doesn't seem to be able to spell Satan... Unless you really were referring to being the mailman of fancy cloth...

Obviously not. A merciful god would have killed people who quote other religion's key figures without spelling their name correctly. B-U-D-D-H-A

haha

lol the satin thing is meant to be a joke lol thats y i spelled it wrong and i really didnt know how to spell buddha thank you lol

Malaperth;644922 said:
I find it difficult to discuss God in any way with someone that doesn't seem to be able to spell Satan... Unless you really were referring to being the mailman of fancy cloth...

and maby i was wanting to be the mail man of fancy cloth sounds good i mean i could be the fedEX guy that only delivers satin JUst kidding i spelled it wrong on purpose

FireSoul

Wanderer
You people are harsh, funny...and right but still harsh :p

That is a question that can only be answered by an individual for that individual. The whole concept of deity, by its nature is ineffable. It's a question of faith.

so your saying if you dont have any sort of faith that you will just rot in the ground when you die lol just kidding i understand

WarAngel

Wanderer
SatinsMailMan;644921 said:
You know I've often thought if God was real. Some ppl say that he created the earth and all its surroundings. Then others say that everything was created by a big explosion. They say that dinasours was came before man, but in the bible it clearly says that adam and eve were the first beings on earth. I also thought that some hobo back in the day had to find a way to feed his family so he wrote the bible and said god spoke to him and then it gradually got greater and ppl started to belive it.

If god was real wouldent he give ppl a sign besids the people that die and say that they "seen the light" wouldent he when you need help the most help you or am i retarted. :confused:

I mean the people that belive in buda think he created everything or what ever and they never heard of God and we think that Buda is just a made up religion. I mean think about it. They think god is just made up. SOOOOO

And if nobody has ever given proof that spirits are real i mean if you die nobody knows whats gona happen b/c no one has ever lived to tell about it lol

So do you just go to sleep forever without dreams or do you go to the place youve alsways wanted to go to or if youve been bad to you go to a flaming pit of fire for all of eternity. I dont think its possible.

Ahh and if god made the earth who made god. Its like saying what came first the chicken or the egg.

I think maby in the future they finally make a time machine and they try it and they go abck before time to see how it started and something went wrong and two ppl that went there got trapped and the time machind created a black hole that sent everything back with the ppl and their names just happened to be adam and eve lol

Just think about it

I'm not gonna lie, those are some of the worst questions I've ever seen posed towards the subject of God's reality. It probably doesn't help that I have trouble reading some of it.

Joeku

Lord
I'd say this thread is a flame war waiting to happen, but your post is too incomprehensible to anger anyone :p

HellRazor

Knight
I don't take the bible quite so literally. A believe a lot of the bible is intended to be taken metaphorically.

And also, whose to say that 7 days for God wasn't millions of years for Earth? Maybe the dinosaurs came along some time between the "first" and the "sixth" day.

Anyways, we can debate the existance of God until the cows come home but the bottom line is there is no way to prove or disprove the existance of God. Its all a matter of what you believe.

I don't know if there is a God, but I'd like to believe there is. Regardless of whether or not there is a God, I think the philosophy behind the bible is still good stuff. Living a good life and trying to be a good person is a lofty ideal and something to strive for. Good for us, good for society as a whole. And if you can do it and get into heaven, then there's icing on the cake too.

On the other side of things, I do believe that religion is responsible for a lot of what is bad in the world too. Religious fanatics are the scariest kind and will probably one day be the end of this world.

Slayer706

Sorceror
I would assume that not existing after you die would be a lot like not existing before you were born. (From my point of view at least.)
They say that dinasours was came before man, but in the bible it clearly says that adam and eve were the first beings on earth.
As far as I know, the bible doesn't give a timeframe. It says something like "and God created the Earth, and then he created man!" So, maybe he created Earth, then 65 million years later created man..... It is still in order, he just left out some stuff. Kind of like that yadda yadda thing on Seinfeld.
They believe that noone created God, and that he has always been there. Really it is a hard concept of something not being created, but it almost had to happen somewhere or nothing would be here. The question is, what was it that wasn't created? Was it a supernatural being, a giant ball of matter, or even something else?

And also, whose to say that 7 days for God wasn't millions of years for Earth? Maybe the dinosaurs came along some time between the "first" and the "sixth" day.
I've always wondered how God could have created the Earth in seven days, when days are measured by how long it takes for the earth to make one full rotation on its axis. So God created the Earth in six rotations of the Earth? So maybe it is just a question of how God measured the days.

That in itself is a time paradox and would probably destroy the universe or something. It would be the equivilant of a divide by zero error on a calculator.....

HellRazor;644998 said:
I don't take the bible quite so literally. A believe a lot of the bible is intended to be taken metaphorically.

Agreed. And consider this, just because it isn't stated in the bible, does not indicate that it isn't true or has not happened. Thus, god very well could have created dinosaurs long before he created the humans.

mordero

Knight
Actually according to the Bible, Adam and Eve werent the first "beings", yes the first humans, but animals were created before Adam was.